It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump not allowed into Scotland to escape Biden inauguration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Donald Trump will not be allowed to visit Scotland to play golf during Joe Biden's inauguration, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The US president, who was overwhelmingly defeated in November's election, is reportedly considering travelling to his Turnberry golf resort to avoid Mr Biden being sworn into office.

But Scotland's first minister stressed it is illegal to travel in or out of the country without a valid reason and said: "Coming to play golf is not what I would consider to be an essential purpose."

The Independent

I love this, gave me a good chuckle, Trump is very unpopular in Scotland and I love this, just like Sturgeon giving him the finger on behalf of the entire nation by telling him that he can't come here to play golf.

ahhh....as we say in Scotland.

Get it right up ye Trump!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

While will he have to escape? He's going to be President for at least another 4-8 years based on Krakens and stuff. Just you wait, it's gonna happen. Seriously.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty funny when leaders play social games like these isn't it?

By the by, does your minister have a list of what's essential and who is being rounded up for extermination?

We have serious issues these leaders should be working on, but social points for playing up the targeted buzz words.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He’s probably going to tweet about how “everyone’s against him”, how “life isn’t fair”, throw a tantrum, blame democrats and still try to cross closed borders because he’s “speshul”.

I’m actually happy Sturgeon hasn’t done the “one rule for you, another for us” route.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just you wait, it's gonna happen.

You forgot the “sooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooon”. It makes it more real

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Who the hell would want to go to Scotland in January much less play golf there during that month.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

He would cheat anyway whoever he plays with.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Who the hell would want to go to Scotland in January much less play golf there during that month.

Trump, apparently.

link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I don't think its playing a game really its a lighter take I guess on a serious issue.

Why should Trump, a foreigner, come over here and break our rules?

I think its good for the Scottish Government to make it clear that he will not be exempt, sends a message that whoever you are, you're not exempt from the rules.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Trump...

Why I don't know, the golf course will be frozen over if nothing else.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, I was going to add this to the end of my thread about Trump potentially coming here to escape the humiliation of a Biden inauguration.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's not that cold here just now, well where I am anyway.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It very well could be and no, Trump should stay here.

But the fact this is a headline when we have more pressing issues to get out to people, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

People are struggling to get solid information and the best we get is leaders "1up" each other?

Everything is starting to feel like a version of

"Every game experience is personalized."

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

It's not that cold here just now, well where I am anyway.

Dunno where you are, but it’s been snowing (not laying), frosty and icy. Definitely not golf weather.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Donald Trump will not be allowed to visit Scotland to play golf during Joe Biden's inauguration, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

The US president, who was overwhelmingly defeated in November's election, is reportedly considering travelling to his Turnberry golf resort to avoid Mr Biden being sworn into office.

But Scotland's first minister stressed it is illegal to travel in or out of the country without a valid reason and said: "Coming to play golf is not what I would consider to be an essential purpose."

The Independent

I love this, gave me a good chuckle, Trump is very unpopular in Scotland and I love this, just like Sturgeon giving him the finger on behalf of the entire nation by telling him that he can't come here to play golf.

ahhh....as we say in Scotland.

Get it right up ye Trump!

SDNY wont let him out of the country...

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
he is trying to run away...on inauguration day he will not be protected by the presidency. they can make an arrest if they want... that's coward bone spur all over again but he's gonna need more that a paid for doctor letter this time

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Overwhelmingly defeated.....lol

Ok...

Gotta love the words "journalists" use to spice up articles.

She did say that she has no idea what trumps travel plans are so it's not like he asked for permission.
edit on 5-1-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
All that's going on in the world and this is what people want to discuss and get gleeful over, rivaling Reddit for #posts I guess.

Who cares one way or another...

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Overwhelmingly defeated.....lol

Ok...

Gotta love the words "journalists" use to spice up articles.

He won by the same number of EC's as Trump did in 2016 and he won the popular vote....overwhelmingly I guess is a point of view.

Personally I wouldn't say it was overwhelming but I would say its more "overwhelming" than Trumps 2016 win.

Still this is more about us Scotts telling him to piss-off.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is hiding from an inauguration not a legitimate reason for entering the country?

How very unsporting of our Scottish cousins.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join