It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here has had Covid and gotten it again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When I ask this, I mean, tested positive, felt sick, then got better, and then got sick with verified Covid again. I don't believe we have concrete answers on this, and I'll resort to asking the largest group I can get answers from.

And then, since I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, if you can get the virus again, what does that mean regarding the vaccine? Will it work? is it a yearly thing, or a once in a lifetime thing?

I ask these questions for many reasons, but mostly, if you get it, and can't get it again, should you be subject to the lockdowns? I am aware of the antibody testing that supposedly will tell you if you have had the virus and got better. Much like when I was turned into a newt. damn witch.

And I broke my own rule and posted outside the mud pit, so I expect that one mod will come along soon and make the one post.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The first time I took a test I took two and both came back positive.
I got very very sick and lost alot of weight. Then after I got better it was I believe just shy of a month later I started to feel a little weak but nothing too bad. My doctor advised I take two more tests and again they came back positive. That time I was pretty good and maybe had to run to the toilet one or two times.
I would like to say that I have severe health problems though.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

so you have had it twice, verified with both test results and symptoms? Or was the second time not the same thing?
no agenda here, other than information gathering, so don't feel threatened please.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We live in a community of 800 000. There are currently 2 people in ICU. Total cases since this started is 920, there are 78 active cases now. Neither I nor anyone I know have experienced this plague or even know someone that has been infected with it.

I'm not saying it's not out there but, really, catching it twice seems a little unrealistic when the odds of catching it the first time seem to be astronomical. At least around here, but around here is all I know.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. To add to your question, if you have recovered from COVID do you still need to think about a vaccine? Wouldn't your body recognize it, if you're re-exposed to the virus, and do it's immune response thing? But that doesn't seem to be the case because of the re-infections we're hearing about. An elderly couple I know in an assisted care facility complex both got it and recovered and were told they should be immune for 4-5 months, so do they need the vaccine? It's kind of confusing.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
Thank you for posting this. To add to your question, if you have recovered from COVID do you still need to think about a vaccine? Wouldn't your body recognize it, if you're re-exposed to the virus, and do it's immune response thing? But that doesn't seem to be the case because of the re-infections we're hearing about. An elderly couple I know in an assisted care facility complex both got it and recovered and were told they should be immune for 4-5 months, so do they need the vaccine? It's kind of confusing.

your questions sound much like mine. Since the leaders don't seem to be interested in leading, I figured we could at the very least get some answers among ourselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

I believe my household had it back in early March of this year. This was before anyone tested for it, or acknowledged what it was, so the only way to know for sure would be the antibody test, but then, it's not supposed to last that long. So just more questions. But none of us had had any sickness since then. Not even a cold.

And I really want the kids back in school. I'm not a good home helper. I was told I could do better.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A guy at my work tested for Covid antibodies earlier in the year, and now he has covid again.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

was he sick with symptoms both times? I ask as my daughter tested positive, but had ZERO symptoms and was asked to test again, when she got the sniffles. So I'm not sure she actually had it, I suspect the testing isn't as wonderful as we may be led to believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your good man, I don't feel threatened in any way mate.
But yes I have had it twice.
The second was just a different strain but didn't affect me to much. I guess antibody from the first helped even though I ended up with a different strain.
I asked doctor penis face (that's what I call him) why that is and he just started giving me some doctor speak. I only know medicine speak. Not that other crap.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I had it back in February before it was a thing. Was visiting a customer down in Chinese industrial district of South San Francisco.... Charlie (his real name not trying to be funny) has a crew of guys working for him that all look like they are just off the boat. I had all the major symptoms except for loss of taste and smell.
Then over Christmas my stepson got a positive result and a bunch of the symptoms. We were with him in a car for 10 days. I ended up getting what I thought were just bad allergies. Had one single night with chills. This time I lost taste and smell. (really helps with the wife's cooking... Haha). Also have a dry lingering cough.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

I know quite a few people who’ve had it.
My son in law in Michigan got it about 8 months ago. Didn’t need to be hospitalized. He is still suffering chest pains and lungs not working too well. He’s 42.

My cousin’s family in the uk all tested positive a week ago. 3 are recovering nicely , but my cousin is very sick, still at home though.

My friend in the uk lost his niece to Covid on New Year’s Day.

There some others I know who have died and several I know who tested positive.

Ask again next week. The holiday cases are about to explode

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Honestly, we don’t even know. So in theory the vaccine may provide a better more targeted immune response that prevents most viral binding to cells. Research is showing that ACE2 is the primary receptor with a couple other ones being possible. The vaccine is built to specifically prevent this binding by forcing the body to build an antibody for that specific site with a very high affinity or binding force. This does all kinds of great things, makes it easy to target like a flare, groups infected cells and components together, and stops viral reproduction.

In a natural infection your immune cells can target any of the external components of the virus. They randomly start generating antibodies based on the antigen or blueprint given to them in the immune response when antigen presenting cells (apcs) take viral components to the lymph nodes. Covid can prevent this by suppressing APCs which isn’t good for the host. Also, the naturally generated antibody can have a lower affinity and not stop it well. That’s basically the humoral or antibody mediated component.

The other component is cell mediated where another cell recognizes that cells are infected or compromised through signaling and they call for back up with the inflammatory process. Once that happens, they start to poke holes in the infected cells so they get destroyed and everybody cleans up the mess and the tissue can start healing.

A botched vaccine with poor targeting can make all of this worse through not stopping binding and viral replication and helping it reproduce with the inflammatory process. So can a natural infection, this is known as immune enhancement and it makes the infection worse.

Can this happen with a vaccine after exposure, maybe but probably not. Can this happen with natural exposure after a vaccine, sometimes. Can this happen with other similar viruses after exposure to either, yes it can and it will happen in some. But an RNA vaccine should be safer, more targeted, less questionable ingredients, and it does not permanently change our genes. It only changes gene expression in some T and B cells that will recognize the virus.

Immunity is expected to last 6 months to a few years, we have no idea. It won’t provide herd immunity. It will stop severe infection. It won’t completely stop reinfection, especially in older patients and those with comorbidities because they have far more ACE2 receptors, less available ACE2 to protect tissue because of chronic inflammation and they can still get sick and are an easier target. But it should shorten disease and make it less severe. Well, unless it missed its target and causes autoimmune issues.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

All I can say for absolute certainty is, any naturally acquired immunity (gained through actual exposure to the virus in the wild) will be far superior to any potential partial immunity gained via any vaccine. This goes for any/all diseases for which there are vaccines available.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What about viruses that suppress the immune response or prevent the formation of effective neutralizing antibodies like hepatitis and HPV? Those patients might disagree.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The first time I took a test I took two and both came back positive.
I got very very sick and lost alot of weight. Then after I got better it was I believe just shy of a month later I started to feel a little weak but nothing too bad. My doctor advised I take two more tests and again they came back positive. That time I was pretty good and maybe had to run to the toilet one or two times.
I would like to say that I have severe health problems though.

It probably never left you, rather than re-infection?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just to clarify my case, the only reason I would think it was something different than just the flu, or even a bad flu, was it's duration. I lost my voice for almost a month. I was able to work and function but did have a few days I laid around due to not having the energy to do anything else. That's not my usual even when sick. But I don't remember loosing my taste, I may have. I didn't eat any less. I did also get pink eye a couple weeks in.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: eXia7

was he sick with symptoms both times? I ask as my daughter tested positive, but had ZERO symptoms and was asked to test again, when she got the sniffles. So I'm not sure she actually had it, I suspect the testing isn't as wonderful as we may be led to believe.

You’ve probably seen me post this before, but I know now, personally, first-hand, talk to or see these people at least a few times a month, over 30 folks who have “tested positive for covid-19.” Only two of them had ANY troublesome symptoms- my dad was sick for about three weeks, with fever and aches and loss of energy. I.e. the flu. Another person had fever for a day and felt low for a few days. The rest of them, like your daughter, had NO symptoms and only knew they had it because they were forced to get a test.

I suspect the test is useless. And I suspect the authorities know that it is useless as an actual diagnostic tool. But it is very useful as a tool for control.

Anyway- just wanted to chime in and let you know that your daughter is in good company.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Thank you for the great explanation! It helps me understand all of this a little better. Question though? If both my B and T cells are being suppressed by drugs, would the vaccine even be helpful? There are quite a few of us in this category who have noticed that not very many of us caught the virus. And, being immunosuppresed we thought we’d be a group that got hit hard. Of course having access to Prednisone and steroid inhalers helps a lot. We may have had it and not even realized it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join