It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland goes into full lockdown, England to follow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

So, you were responding to a historically incorrect movie produced in Hollywood whose sole intention was allegedly to 'entertain' rather than inform and educate.

One scene in a crap film. lol.

I'm going on too much and making a mountain out of a molehill.

It's no biggie.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with Boris Johnson in the United Kingdom?

Complete lockdown initiated over a barely deadly virus!

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is our third lockdown in England, and yet somehow we’re amongst those suffering the worst in all of Europe. We’ve used a tier system too, and that hasn’t had the desired effect. What’s Boris’ mindset here? Third time lucky?

Compare us to another Island nation; New Zealand. I know it’s not totally equal due to total population and population density, but they had one lock down including closure of all borders, and have basically returned to normal at this stage.

England’s borders? Still open as far as I can tell, and a lot of people entering the country don’t follow the guidance on self isolation.

At this moment, all I can say is good luck to my fellow Brits. Happy to speak with anyone if they’re feeling isolated!
edit on 4-1-2021 by DeusInAbsentia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"What the hell is wrong with Boris Johnson in the United Kingdom?"

How long is a piece of string?

edit on 4-1-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Politics. Yea thou, talk about idiotic. Goes back to the saying government is not good at fixing anything.

It’s gotten ridiculous, we have low information morons out there that really believe wearing a cloth over their mouth protects them from a virus. We have states and countries across the globe closing entire economies down over this etc.

Here’s the catch. Governments don’t shut economies down over a sickness with over a 99% recovery rate they need the money, hell wars dont shut economies down. Yet Covid-19 does....

More to the story definitely..

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

We work with the tools we have available.

I mean if you have some other method of retarding the spread of the pathogen bar the use of masks, other ppe, and lockdown procedures, we are all ears.

Masks work and retard the spread of COVID 19 and science backs the argument for the use of them.

www.mayoclinic.org...
www.ucsf.edu...
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So, we should have all just gone about our business like they did back in the days of The Great Plague?

I can't imagine how many barrow loads of dead bodies there may have been if we'd done that?

I guess we'll never know how many lives were saved through lockdown.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Same way as our ancestors did. Those susceptible to the mortality of the illness needs to be quarantined, those that are not continue to work etc. use proper ppe, when dealing with human interaction gloves proper medical masks, does not really help much, etc. or don’t even bother with doing all that, since at this point their is less than 1% of people dying from this disease.

This is nothing like small pox, the Black Plague, Ebola, or whatever else has evolved the homo Saipan. This is a corona virus, that can bring on symptoms like pneumonia, like the flu does etc, that can kill you less than 1% of the time...

I mean seriously 😒 how the Western Hemisphere is handling this is appalling, ravishing economies 🤔 by completely ordering everyone to huddle, in there homes afraid and dependent on the government to tell them what to do... SOUND familiar? Any old people out there?

Not to mention the wide spread lockdowns globally was to attempt to prevent the illness from spreading, its to late for that now, whatever the excuse is now is bullocks, if you ask me, it’s not gonna eradicate the virus.

edit on 4-1-2021 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The problem with the approach you suggest is that asymptomatic spread would still be an issue, and approx. 49% of people defined as asymptomatic go on to develop symptoms. So that’s still a burden on our health care service who have to deal with those cases.

I don’t agree with the type of lockdown Boris has enforced previously (i.e. with our borders still open), but simply saying “eh, if you feel ill, stay at home” won’t relieve hospitals of an increase in patients, which is the impetus behind the lockdown in the UK. After all, our ancestors didn’t have the NHS to support.
edit on 4-1-2021 by DeusInAbsentia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I agree they are making a piss poor job of it but COVID 19 is dangerous down to its extended incubation period and the fact that we in the West have infrastructure and transportation hubs all over the shop which makes it just as dangerous to us as a few of the other maladies you list.

Ask any trained medical professionals worth there salt if COVID 19 is "bullocks" and they will tell you otherwise, put it that way.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Covid-19 to a medical pro, will bring out their virtues and vices.

Anyhow good luck over there across the pond, keep washing your hands and wear the masks if it makes ya feel better drink plenty of milk for vitamin D, fruits for vitamin c etc. 🤷‍♂️ I know many people who have gotten sick from covid, and are still alive back at work.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

the subliminal message from boris tonight was an implied blackmail situation - 'this goes on unless and until EVERYONE gets vaccinated'. this is the foreshadowing of harsher persuasive measures to come for those that (sensibly) do not wish to be one of the guinea-pigs.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What the hell is wrong with Boris Johnson in the United Kingdom?

Nobody quite knows, either it's all an act or he really is as daft as a brush. The jury is out about which...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I dont like milk much bar in Coffee but i take vitamin D.

I'm pretty much fine now, bar a bit sore, sore throat, canny taste much.

But my Mrs is still running a temp of 37.7, so hopefully that comes down soon.

Might not even be anything bar the cold.

Cheers for the sentiment all the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Lockdowns are effective at reducing the rates of transmission, any fool can see this.

However, we will have to remain locked down until the vaccine programme has been rolled out in order to keep the transmission rate down. Talk is this could be up to 2022, and I personally cannot deal with a year of lockdown.

Let’s get the vulnerable vaccinated by the end of April and open up.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Politics. Yea thou, talk about idiotic. Goes back to the saying government is not good at fixing anything.

It’s gotten ridiculous, we have low information morons out there that really believe wearing a cloth over their mouth protects them from a virus. We have states and countries across the globe closing entire economies down over this etc.

Here’s the catch. Governments don’t shut economies down over a sickness with over a 99% recovery rate they need the money, hell wars dont shut economies down. Yet Covid-19 does....

More to the story definitely..

What would the governments of the works be shutting the economies down for though?

I keep hearing about ulterior motives but nobody can offer any insight to what they might be.

People who think Trump won the election and people who think Covid isn't real don't live in a place most of us call reality...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I dont like milk much bar in Coffee but i take vitamin D.

I'm pretty much fine now, bar a bit sore, sore throat, canny taste much.

But my Mrs is still running a temp of 37.7, so hopefully that comes down soon.

Might not even be anything bar the cold.

Cheers for the sentiment all the same.

Hopefully the Mrs in on the mend soon dude. My thoughts are with you both.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
yes im from the uk and we are all going into lockdown im out of work again but the good news am still getting paid for sitting around going nothing but i love working and my son is all smiles as he is off school bad news for me as he is going to drive me crazy as he is only 10 but we all need to remove this virus so i guess this is the best way for us all . hmmmm

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeusInAbsentia
Compare us to another Island nation; New Zealand. I know it’s not totally equal due to total population and population density, but they had one lock down including closure of all borders, and have basically returned to normal at this stage.

They don't have a vast anti-mask, anti-lockdown movement in NZ like they do in the US and here in Blighty. Also they trust the government more over there too.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
In the past, the long long ago, we used to stay home if we were sick, drink fluids and get rest. And that was good, until it wasn't. Now, we must shutter the nation, hide in our cottages, and then wonder why we have the completely idiotic look on our faces three month later, when the lock downs are lifted and folks are getting sick again. Almost as if the #ing virus just waited for us.

And the kicker is, when we were all hiding away from this horrible death monster, we still got sick then too. In fact, things stayed much the same either way. But, lockdowns has such a cool ring to them, I think it will make for much better stories.

BE WELL!

I can only speak for where I live, but Missouri never "locked down". When our state wide stay at home order was in place, every day was like black Friday at Walmart. I know very few people who actually attempted to stay home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join