It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife bought a juicer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My buddy used this one at his last bbq place. He said it was fine. Not always the best.

Weston Pro-2300 - I think it runs around 500. I may buy that.

At work I would use huge commercial grade sealers for charcuterie. I never got my wine fridge for cheese production over Christmas because the model I wanted was 800 up from 6. So now Im going to wait for the price to drop some. Im at the point where I need the wine fridge and just an old fridge now so I can do cheese and charcuterie. I haven’t had as much space as I do now for a decade.

edit on 4-1-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Now I need a Vacuum sealer

Yeah, goes hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The first real project Im going to do is a Parisian ham.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

When it's done I want it.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will give you the recipe. You too can learn the secrets of the dicksons farmstand chelsea market Parisian ham.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

You know, I actually do have to say I feel like I have more energy since we started this.

Of course, a couple times I wasn't sure if I wanted to scream, jump out the window or go blind, but juiced orange peels will do that to you. We're not talking about a little 'zest' here, no, we're talking about eyeballs shooting out of your skull and wrapping around your head a couple times in opposite directions, kind of stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I would juice the hell out of ginger and add it to everything. I love ginger

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

They have kits you can buy on Amazon to make a better one than anything sold. You start with a cheap wine fridge and then add in temp and humidity controls. You can use an old full-sized fridge also.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I have my eye set on a dual temperature controlled wine fridge. Then Im throwing a humidifier in there.

Send me a link please so I can see as to which kits you are specifically referring to. I post at cheeseforum .Org

They love the dual temp control

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Good info.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You are NOT suppose to juice any rinds of citrus fruits.
The white pith will make your juice taste bitter.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have acid reflux so I avoid the peels, but yes to the ginger and tumeric, and even a sprig of parsley has a ton of nutrients and you hardly taste it. The ginger helps immune system and digestive circulation and the tumeric is major anti inflammatory and anti cancer.

If you drink much, add some beets to help cleanse the liver too

I have a small Juiceman Jr I got over 10 yrs ago for like 140, fairly easy to clean, small and easy to use. Those big commercial ones are a pain to use and the filters become landfill.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Well, that's not entirely true. Citrus peels contain nutrients you don't get with the core fruit and are not available from many other sources either.

But you are correct when you say they can be bitter. Oh boy, can they ever!!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

Beet juice - MMMMmmmmmmmMMMMmmmm!! I LOVE beets!

Can't wait to try that!! Beets can be really hard to find though, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah I love beets too, pickle them when I can get the huge ones (juice or make salad with the greens). But they are small and expensive this time of year.

I've been hitting up a restaurant supply store for getting cheaper fruits/veggies by the bagful since I go thru them fast juicing. Cheaper carrots, apples, oranges, grapes, melons and ginger than kroger, but kroger at least carries fresh tumeric now.

Saw your post about joint pain, one thing I do is save the tuff ends of asparagus that cant be eaten easily and juice them, since they are very high in sulphur, which repairs joints ligaments, they also dont flavor the juice much is you have enough apple grape oranges

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join