It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife bought a juicer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To juice a leg o lamb I would probably use the vitamix

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A little bit ago she asked me for a 5/8" wrench and a 3/4" wrench. I just happen to know those are the two sizes required to remove the water pump on "Ol' Red" (the old Ford pickup in our boneyard). I nervously peeked outside and noticed the hood was up on Ol' Red, so we might be in for a special treat for lunch!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I nervously peeked outside and noticed the hood was up on Ol' Red, so we might be in for a special treat for lunch!

Gasket sealer?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I nervously peeked outside and noticed the hood was up on Ol' Red, so we might be in for a special treat for lunch!

Gasket sealer?

If she asks me where I've hidden the Permatex...I'm comin' over to your house!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't have a juicer though, I have an Evil Joo-cer. I make the wife squeeze stuff with her bare hands until she extracts every last ounce of profit from them. This is while she has Twilight on for the 9,000,000th time, A.K.A. 'controlling the media'.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't have that model, the model I have is a Wop-cer, but you don't want to get that thing started because once you (accidentally) throw the "ON" switch it instantly transforms into the Kraken. And that thing will juice everything in its path until you yank the cord out of the wall (and not even that works sometimes).

ETA - Oh, and the "ON" switch is right next to the pre-programmed Law & Order button on the TV remote! In fact, it's every other button on the TV remote! Note to self: do NOT touch the TV remote.
edit on 1/4/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No, this thing isn't a blender, like a Vitamix type thing (we already have one of those), this is a "juicer".

Now that interests me. We have a Bullet blender and a small Ninja blender. I've always wanted a Vitamix, but can't really justify the cost given the space it takes up, and the likelihood it won't get used much. Plus I need a new sous vide thing. What does a juicer do that the Vitamix won't?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Well, basically it saves one big time consuming and messy step...straining. Plus, it does a better job of getting the liquid out of whatever you're running through it.

The other thing the juicer does is keeps the liquid cool. The thing with the Vitamix is, unless you're using ice, whatever is in the Vitamix will heat up. So, you wind up watering stuff down with ice to keep it cool. The Vitamix will actually make a hot soup even, right out of the mixer.

With a juicer the liquid separates right out and goes into a separate container. With the Vitamix everything stays in the same container. It actually does make quite a difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

On a side note; the wife bought me a Ninja Blender before we got the Vitamix. They both do essentially the same thing. The biggest issue with the Ninja blender is (and this is a major safety flaw, IMHO) is they didn't design it so all the cutting blades can be stored inside the blender...and those puppies are SHARP! I've cut myself more than a couple times with them because there's really no good way to store them. If they solved that problem there wouldn't be much difference between the two performance wise other than the Vitamix holding more.

P.S. The Vitamix is definitely a LOT more heavy duty though. The Vitamix is definitely a Commercial Grade appliance, whereas the Ninja is a Consumer Grade appliance.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I received a juicer for Christmas too.
Haven't opened it yet...but looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If you get tired of the healthy stuff, order some Blue Agave and try your hand at homemade tequila.

At least your shoulder would feel better.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If you get tired of the healthy stuff, order some Blue Agave and try your hand at homemade tequila.

At least your shoulder would feel better.

My vote: Follow AM's advice on the cowboy way.

Homemade spirits'll make you go blind if you're not careful cutting the heads. Taste like crap if you miss cutting the tails.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm pretty sure you will like it. I jest about juicing up old junk cars and stuff, but it does make some pretty good stuff.

I think one of my favorites so far was:

1 handful - Baby carrots
1 Honey Crisp Apple
1 Cutie Mandarin Orange (peeled)

That was delicious!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You can not only just go blind, you can also take the big "Dirt Nap" from not cutting the heads!

Tails are just a taste issue, but the heads are a poison issue!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i agree.would use mine more if it was easy to clean
a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
At the terrible risk of thread drift

🙀

My brother bought my a sous vide for Christmas.

I love a sous vide egg

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I couldn't live without my sous vide.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now I need a Vacuum sealer

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yeah, we have one, but it's just a crappy one. I'd like to get one of those commercial grade chamber type vacuum sealers. Those things are the Bee's Kneez, but man, they sure are proud of those puppies!! ($$$$$)

And oh boy, is that ever a rabbit hole you can go down when researching them! Especially when you start getting into things like oil vs. dry pumps, gas flush and chamber sizes.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I love my little juicer, been going strong for years!

I juice at least 4x a week if not more.

Favorite things to juice: carrots, oranges, apples, pears, grapes, parsely, ginger, tumeric and cateloupe.

Enjoy all the extra energy youre going to start having

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join