It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demographic block voting, racist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I have a question if our society completely devolved into identity politics voting blocs, would that be racist or bigoted?

So lets say that every person of European descent voted only for other candidates of European decent and for only one party, strait down the line is that ignorant and biased?

I want to hear peoples thoughts.
edit on 4-1-2021 by AssiduousSpook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AssiduousSpook
I have a question if our society completely devolved into identity politics voting blocs, would that be racist or bigoted?

So lets say that every person of European descent voted only for other candidates of European decent and for only one party, strait down the line is that ignorant and biased?

Nobody is going to respond this this obvious bait except maybe a few people who agree with you! You know the answer already and the dems know their answer already! The people who don’t agree with you will report you or ignore your thread!

edit on 4-1-2021 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AssiduousSpook

I'm sure it is.

I just need an academic to tell me why.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I would say this happens everyday, not especially predominantly prevalent with euros, comparable across humanity in roughly the same percentages as far as I can tell.

Technically, in this day and age, there is more systemic racism. Racist doesn’t necessarily mean an aversion to a particular colour or ethnicity but can be an equally proportional preference TOWARDS a superficially different appearance or cultural background.

Our mainstream multimedia market and direct this bias to the general public in their ‘programming’
to wreak havoc in the public arena because the people will believe the socially acceptable hype and defend the perceived cause against all comers irregardless of the final inevitable outcome.

Disharmony and discord result when Riot and rebellion should logically occur.

edit on 4-1-2021 by Dalamax because: Typo and grammar

edit on 4-1-2021 by Dalamax because: Proof reading is kewl

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No ignorant and biased would be when all candidates are of European
decent and you can't vote any other way. Maybe only ignorant and
biased candidates are of European decent? huh what then sport?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Racist has no meaning anymore.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
*Shrugs; I heard if you didn’t vote Biden you ain’t black

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Why? Seriously. Why do you ask? I feel like you're twisting yourself to fit into social justice boxes. And in so doing, wanting others to twist themselves into the same boxes. (I hope I'm wrong)

Sure, some people already fit themselves (and others) into boxes for whatever reason. Maybe they're racist. Maybe they're bigots. Maybe they're both... or neither.

People have lots of reasons to vote for or against someone. If they choose to vote for ONLY their race, as a conscious decision, yes, that's racist. If someone judges others as "lesser" and themselves as "greater", then, yes, they are a bigot. If someone votes for or against someone because of their sex, then, yes, they are sexist.

But someone else can vote for or against the same people for very different reasons with no "ists" or "isms" involved.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You'd have to be relentless in your efforts to exact the level of control needed to check your natural affinity with race, ethnicity and biological sex. I've always been attracted to German blonds and Irish redheads. After creating my family tree and doing intensive research, I understand why now.

Politics is not necessarily based on sex or race, but it seems that is what you are expected to believe (ie. Democrats = Blacks, women and minorities, Republicans = White male and majority).

So in answer to your question is "Demographic block voting racist?" No, but they want you to believe it is.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No voting block is a monolith. I would say the arrogant assumption that certain demographics always and ever vote this way or that based on who or what they are does reveal some bigotry though; however, I'd look to the ones making those assumptions.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

in essence, we are all descended from the same source.

in a liberal society, people usually vote for the party or politician that corresponds to their ideas and values. extremists, on the other hand, tend to blind obedience and leader worship.

of course, people sometimes vote strategically, for example when a certain party constellation can lead to a majority (government).

honestly, i don't understand exactly what you want to know...
edit on 4-1-2021 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Any group or person that accuses another of being racist is actually racist themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AssiduousSpook

My thought is, the thought experiment you raise is about 180 degrees out of phase with the facts on the ground.

Pres. Obama won not once but twice, and without voter support from your "racist and bigoted" demographic, that would not have been possible.

Meanwhile, things like the following aren't a thing:

* Caucasian congressional caucus
* "grassroots campaign" to ensure Kamala Harris' vacated senate seat is given to a Caucasian man
* Joe Biden MUST pick a Caucasian male as a VEEP candidate
* Joe Biden's cabinet picks MUST contain more Caucasians

Other demographics, sure they can publicly make such demands; no problem, there's no issue. If Caucasians did this, there would be hell to pay.

Double standards are rampant in US politics and society when it comes to "demographics".

If you so much as bat an eyelid, then the Identity Police are there to put you back in place.

"Sit down, be quiet, and get marginalized".

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't mind your O.P..race mattered in U S politics Since it's foundation.
Since black Ppl were allowed to vote they voted for the party who responded to their hopes and dreams , and against their fears, that used to be the Republican party post Lincoln, then came the switch when Lyndon Bains Johnson pissed off the Dixicrats and they flooded the Rep...keep in mind that Martin Luther king "may" have been a Republican in keeping inline with most AAs at the time, especially pre Kennedy.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Since black Ppl were allowed to vote they voted for the party who responded to their hopes and dreams , and against their fears, that used to be the Republican party post Lincoln, then came the switch when Lyndon Bains Johnson pissed off the Dixicrats and they flooded the Rep...keep in mind that Martin Luther king "may" have been a Republican in keeping inline with most AAs at the time, especially pre Kennedy.

Dixiecrats didn't switch to Republican party. Only one did... the rest remained Democrats.

Black folks vote for Democrats because we are brain washed. Most of the Democrat platform damages the black community more than any other group, yet we continue to vote for these do nothings.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Dixiecrats didn't switch to Republican party. Only one did... the rest remained Democrats.

Black folks vote for Democrats because we are brain washed. Most of the Democrat platform damages the black community more than any other group, yet we continue to vote for these do nothings.

How the ‘Party of Lincoln’ Won Over the Once Democratic South

The night that Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his special assistant Bill Moyers was surprised to find the president looking melancholy in his bedroom. Moyers later wrote that when he asked what was wrong, Johnson replied, “I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come.”
www.history.com...
b

Yup^^ he knew it and later the Reps even apologized for it..kinda.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

How the ‘Party of Lincoln’ Won Over the Once Democratic South

The night that Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his special assistant Bill Moyers was surprised to find the president looking melancholy in his bedroom. Moyers later wrote that when he asked what was wrong, Johnson replied, “I think we just delivered the South to the Republican party for a long time to come.”
www.history.com...
b

Yup^^ he knew it and later the Reps even apologized for it..kinda.

Your assertion is that the parties switched. However, factually, it simply is not the case. Again, only one self-proclaimed Dixiecrat changed parties, Strom Thurman. All the others, including Al Gore, Sr. stayed as Democrats for the rest of their careers.

It simply is not logical that the everyday voter would magically switch parties, but the very Dixiecrat leadership made no such changes.

The reason the south started voting Republican is due to economic expansion as the middle and upper classes grew in those regions.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Why is America so obsessed with the colour of people's skin and the country their family came from? Like you guys are the only country in the world that really gives the slightest # about that. Everything you hear about it comes from american media, all this identity politics bull# comes from America. Like it's a #ing fetish for you guys or something seriously.

Oh wow...look that person's skin is a different tone than mine...oh my days....

It's just constant...it's like all you people think about. Race this, race that....#ing for real...

And this garbage bleeds out of your country and around the world to the point where there's literal retards here smashing #ing car windows because some cop killed some dude in america.

Honestly, sometimes I really think america is a country full of retarded children who spend their time getting worked up over the same # you'd expect in elementary school.
edit on 4/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Why is America so obsessed with the colour of people's skin and the country their family came from? Like you guys are the only country in the world that really gives the slightest # about that. Everything you hear about it comes from american media, all this identity politics bull# comes from America. Like it's a #ing fetish for you guys or something seriously.

Oh wow...look that person's skin is a different tone than mine...oh my days....

It's just constant...it's like all you people think about. Race this, race that....#ing for real...

And this garbage bleeds out of your country and around the world to the point where there's literal retards here smashing #ing car windows because some cop killed some dude in america.

Honestly, sometimes I really think america is a country full of retarded children who spend their time getting worked up over the same # you'd expect in elementary school.

You said it in your rant. Race has become associated with politics. Nevermind how large and diverse the country is.

new topics

top topics

join