It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GA’s SoS Raffensperger Gave Hackers Roadmap To Infiltrate Machines A Year Before Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Is there a more legible copy of that diagram? It's awful blurry.

Most of the claims I've heard about the fraud would have occurred at the paper level- but there were a few interesting ones we've seen where scanned-in ballots could be 'switched' or duplicated at the digital level by anyone with phyiscal access to the machines- not just the scanners.
The AWS angle is news to me, however. "physical access" could just be anyone who can get into the VMs within amazon, meaning pretty much anyone anywhere in the world.
Yes, this would leave "footprints" - but they're easily erased when you have hours, days, weeks, and even months to clean up after yourself.

I've been working in IT for over 25 years now, with some recent years of very specific topic related positions. I'm not comfortable sharing more than that, but if I could actually read the text on that diagram in the OP I could point you directly to where anyone working white-hat would start to try and break into a system remotely.
Just going by the pictures, the lightning bolt looking thing in the lower right is suspect- and the number of potentially skeezy people sitting at desks who could be re-scanning stacks of fraudulent ballots over and over again... none of this appears to have been designed to be secure.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The source of the spreadsheet referenced in the OP article is Evalutation Spreadsheet at the Georgia Secretary of State's website: Raffenspergers website.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, from your viewpoint, is the spreadsheet available to the public on the Secretary of States' website a treasure map for hackers? Can you hack the election system in Georgia or anyone else on that basis?

My viewpoint is if a CEO of a company released this kind of detailed info about their network and devices. They would be fired, maybe even taken to court.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: HalWesten

But that’s not the premise of the thread is it?

Your kind of changing the goal post there.

Who's moving the goal posts? I responded to your post. Nice try at deflection.

The op is claiming the votes were manipulated by the machines, then you “deflected” when I brought up there was a hand recount by saying the votes were fraudulent in the first place.

Heh... you consider that to be a deflection? Ok.

Wow.

So do you have anything of value to contribute to this thread concerning the hackability of the Dominion systems? Do you understand the "roadmap" in the OP and how someone could begin the trek to hacking based on that limited information? I'd like to hear it if you do.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

How so?

We have an expert in the field telling us there's not enough information in that flow chart to actually hack these systems.

Meanwhile, when hackers were actually given a voting machine they had to open it up to hack it.

Based off those two facts I'd say the OP has been shown to be bunk.
edit on 1/3/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

So, from your viewpoint, is the spreadsheet available to the public on the Secretary of States' website a treasure map for hackers? Can you hack the election system in Georgia or anyone else on that basis?

My viewpoint is if a CEO of a company released this kind of detailed info about their network and devices. They would be fired, maybe even taken to court.

Fair enough.

It's pubic information that was provided by the SoS to provide "transparency" into the process of replacing our voting machines interestingly enough.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I just skimmed the spreadsheet (I have it open right now) and what I see looks like a product evaluation on multiple systems, nothing secret nor private in the bid process. Don't forget, states are public entities and their bids are all publicly available. I dealt with this a few times working for the school.

edit on 3-1-2021 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: HalWesten

But that’s not the premise of the thread is it?

Your kind of changing the goal post there.

Who's moving the goal posts? I responded to your post. Nice try at deflection.

The op is claiming the votes were manipulated by the machines, then you “deflected” when I brought up there was a hand recount by saying the votes were fraudulent in the first place.

The machine printed the piece of paper that is hand counted. If the machines are manipulated the hand recount is also manipulated.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

"If the machines are manipulated"

Good point.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The source of the spreadsheet referenced in the OP article is Evalutation Spreadsheet at the Georgia Secretary of State's website: Raffenspergers website.

Yes, it sure is!

And it's a lovely spreadsheet that doesn't contain the diagram I was asking about.
Tabbing through that spreadsheet, it would take me a couple of hours to digest it, which doesn't sound like a good use of my sunday

I deal with those kinds of reports enough during the work week. Maybe if this upcoming week is slow I can go through it over a long lunch.... but it's just an RA document designed to hand over to insurance companies. I doubt it really breaks down network layout much, but it probably breaks down the process. Didn't we already determine that most of these counties didn't follow their own processes and procedures?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Then I'm unsure of the source of the cut-and-paste in the OP. From the source article, that was the only reference.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's funny how all the people complaining about voting machine integrity had no issues in 2000 and 2004 when the majority of machines were owned by Diebold whose owner was a major Bush contributor.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Darn.
OP had a link to a news article but the only 'source' I can find for it is here
But it's just as blurry there.
Or maybe I'm just going cross-eyed from how horribly insecure these "not connected to the internet" systems that are hosted in AWS really are.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Yes, it sure is!

And it's a lovely spreadsheet that doesn't contain the diagram I was asking about.
Tabbing through that spreadsheet, it would take me a couple of hours to digest it, which doesn't sound like a good use of my sunday

I deal with those kinds of reports enough during the work week. Maybe if this upcoming week is slow I can go through it over a long lunch.... but it's just an RA document designed to hand over to insurance companies. I doubt it really breaks down network layout much, but it probably breaks down the process. Didn't we already determine that most of these counties didn't follow their own processes and procedures?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's an RFP (says so on the Instructions tab) that is an evaluation form for the equipment that will be bid to the state. But as I said earlier, I just skimmed it.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's funny how all the people complaining about voting machine integrity had no issues in 2000 and 2004 when the majority of machines were owned by Diebold whose owner was a major Bush contributor.

Ironic I'd say. It's like there's something this year that's different, some central focus ...

I keep asking why no one has found any issues in the states that Mr. Trump won ... I think the number is like 81% of Trump's counties have Dominion systems.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Darn.
OP had a link to a news article but the only 'source' I can find for it is here
But it's just as blurry there.
Or maybe I'm just going cross-eyed from how horribly insecure these "not connected to the internet" systems that are hosted in AWS really are.

The spread sheet has been redacted. I am surprised they even let one low rez pic get out.

edit on 3-1-2021 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It's been well known for some time that most of the voting systems in use in the US have the ability to connect to the internet under certain circumstances. I've linked MSM articles from 2019 and earlier that make it clear.

It's not a new issue.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I think I would be more worried by the fact that hackers actually had a voting machine to work on at DEF CON in 2019. Of course the only way to "hack" it involved opening it up.

But I'm sure that happened at numerous polling places and nobody noticed.

By opening up mostly meant connecting the USB port, is my understanding at least. The theory says machines weren't supposed to have active USB yet many of the machines did and do. Those opposing say it was necessary for operations and was secure, the accusers say that it is not secure at all, and could be hacked.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's been well known for some time that most of the voting systems in use in the US have the ability to connect to the internet under certain circumstances. I've linked MSM articles from 2019 and earlier that make it clear.

It's not a new issue.

That is an issue because it was claimed many times in 2020 that the machines are not connected to the internet.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

What background do you have in programming ?

College entry courses Personal interest in Python, Java, etc.

How about you? Are you a computer genius?

Can you hack the Georgia Election system based on that blurry schematic above?

I was no computer genius, but years ago I could have used that information to hack the system. I gave up with the hacking stuff about twelve years ago. I would hack and remove viruses in my computer, to do that I had to learn how to hack. Had all the pertinent software back then but never hacked into others computers except to fix them from other people hacking them. An old employee of mine gave me copies of software to protect myself, he was good at hacking, he had to be. The business he had had contracts with businesses and government agencies to fix their computers, he also owned a computer store and fixed personal computers. I was not as good as him, but good enough to figure out how to get into people's machines if I wanted to. That information would have helped me get into the system. I believe My old worker could get in there easily with that info.

edit on 3-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join