It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Proposes Replacing Words Like 'Husband' And 'Daughter' In New House Rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So, why is it that Democrats have to force everyone to go along with their insanity. It isn't good enough that they as individuals choose to modify their vocabulary for some new cause (or insanity) but then they have to make rules and "Force" everyone else to participate in their Stupid.

I know we have some Democrats here. Let me ask that question... Why?

Why does everyone else have to go along with this BS?

pjmedia.com... ules-n1298002

www.theblaze.com...

Nancy Pelosi Proposes Replacing 'Gendered Terms' Like 'Husband' and 'Daughter' in New House Rules

ccording to Pelosi, the Democrats’ House rule changes will “honor all gender identities” by “changing pronouns and familial relationships… to be gender-neutral.”

Terms like “father” and “mother” would be replaced by “parent.” “Brother” and “sister” would be axed in favor of “sibling.” Under these rules, House members would be required to refer to their “husband” or “wife” as their “spouse” or their son(s) and daughter(s) as child(ren).

Democrats propose major change to House rules, eliminating family language

The rules will be voted on after the 117th Congress is sworn in on Sunday.

In response, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) mocked the proposed changes.

"This is stupid. Signed, - A father, son, and brother," McCarthy tweeted.

nypost.com...

Pelosi may strip all gender references from House of Representatives rules

Proposed changes to the rules of the House of Representatives would “honor all gender identities” by eliminating such specific terms as mother and father, son and daughter, and aunt and uncle.

Instead, only gender-neutral terms such as “parent,” “child,” “sibling” and “parent’s sibling” would be allowed in the text of the House rules, according to the proposed changes.

The proposed changes — which also include the establishment of a House “Office of Diversity and Inclusion” — will be voted on after the House convenes Sunday for the new 117th Congress.

edit on 3-1-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Newspeak is doupleplusgood comrade! Clinging to the deviant oldspeak is ungood, bordering on crimethink. Now learn to duckspeak like a plusgood prole or it is a lifetime in the joycamps for you.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No link but I believe that the dumb bitch wants it to happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I guess Congress's 15% approval rate isn't low enough to satisfy Pelosi.

She also (quietly) changed the rules to allow the current Congress to crown her as Speaker of the House again, before all the new Republicans are sworn in on January 4th.

They renewed her Speakership on November 18th: www.npr.org...

Hopefully Nancy Pelosi's sinister doings will be revealed. Especially those related to enhancing the spread of Covid-19 in the United States. A very EVIL woman.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

No link but I believe that the dumb bitch wants it to happen.

Ooops, thanks for the catch... fixed it.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Her dementia is kicking in. On more of the dark side, it is trying to depopulate the planet, fits in with the transgender, break up the family unit, stop the ability to reproduce. Part of the forced vaccination policy. Part of the CCP helping to steal the election.

Sounds like a cry for help as things are not going too well.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Completely natural behavior in the face of a possible overturned election "result".

When the lush finally kicks it I hope that macabre artist that does his thing with dead meat scoops her up and does something tasteful with her corpse.

edit on 3-1-2021 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

This is perfectly in keeping with the new Equality Act, in which sex -- the physical, the tangible, the observable -- is replaced with "gender identity" -- non-material, intangible, and unobservable.

Confuse the language now and confuse the debate later. Much like demanding preferred pronouns for transgender identifying persons has been likened to Rohypnol: Pronouns are Rohypnol.

It's much more difficult to convey the dangers of men in women's changing rooms if we cannot call men "men" but must call them "women." It's much more difficult to convey the issues with our sons on our daughters sports teams if we must call them ALL just "children."

We cannot identify ourselves as hetero if we must call our rightful husband/wife merely "spouse." No woman can identify herself as lesbian if she cannot call her wife her "wife."

Confuse the language and control the narrative and the battle is half won.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Ya she's something else! I don't mean anything cool either
I mean something else.

Like her Husband and daughter should've cut her off at the toe nails
and grew something else.

OH!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I propose replacing Nancy and her ilk with trees. At least they have many uses...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
She should also change the name of the House, as it could be perceived as offensive to the Differently Domeciled.

(post by Dalamax removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Anything to gain points for re-election.

She didn’t change those references in her Facebook page.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 3-1-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In all seriousness going forward my new pronoun will be They-Sized-Squirrel. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Because for some reason calling the people that gave birth to you mother, and father is somehow offensive.

Rewriting the english language and others around the world to deny biological fact.

This is our Brave New World.

Please pass the soma.
edit on 3-1-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Don't call meeeee daughter....

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
1. Doesn't take a Democrats to understand ...

2. She's virtue signaling to the progs in a bid to keep the Speakership.

3. Who cares? Words are words. If gender-neutral terms make a difference and I don't think they do, so what?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Because for some reason calling the people that gave birth to you mother, and father is somehow offensive.

Rewriting the english language and others around the world to deny biological fact.

This is our Brave New World.

Please pass the soma.

You've never referred to your mom and dad as your parents before?

Really?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

do those buckets ever get heavy?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As a collective yes ... but not as individuals.

"My parent" gives no clear picture of which parent and no context.

What if someone asks "which one"? ... are you supposed to reply with something like "the long haired one" because you are not allowed to use the word "mother" because it's not gender neutral and might be offensive to ....who exactly ?

The world has seriously gone out of control with this shizz.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join