It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Weird I noticed about Covid Prevention

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
When you leave the store, before you eat anything, wash your hands. I usually go to the bathroom when leaving and wash my hands. The thing is everybody touches the lettuce, looking for heads that are not all full of brown. When you get that lettuce home, there is still virus on it. Same with the cabbage and the meat packages. You sort through the meat to find one the size or price you want. Those viruses do not infect your hands, wash up before you leave, you only have a door and cart to infect you or the virus blowing off someone at the door opening after that.

This virus is catchy, there is no getting away from it. The majority of the people I know that tested positive were really good about masking up, washing hands, and not going out to the stores more than once a week or ordering stuff for delivery.....they still got it.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ehrm.. for us it’s mandatory to have a sanitizer dispenser at the entrance to every establishment. They’re either actived automatically or through a foot pedal.

You wash your hands when you enter the shop and when you exit.
Pretty simple and cheap. You guys seriously not doing this??

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Since Covid first took the world over there was something that was said over a million times.
Washing hands is one of the most effective means of not catching and spreading the virus.

Sooooooo... Isn't it weird that nobody has installed more sinks or handwashing stations?
Sure we've got sanitizer up the yin yang but some wonder if it is safe or even effective.
Hand washing is effective and has been proven with study after study to stop the spread of Covid & other diseases.

Illinois has (or had not sure) a restaurant called Bob Chins. They served Crab and seafood and very greasy
but delicious garlic rolls. In the middle of the restaurant they had hand washing stations. It was a brilliant thing.
This was well before Covid.

Why haven't we seen more of these?!!! Shouldn't every grocery store have one right by the produce or even before you enter,
what about at schools, or Hardware stores or other places that are "essential".
Sure they have bathrooms, but how many people go in those? Some people don't want to go in bathrooms right now.
They should have the portable sinks right out in front, just like you see at concerts and other venues.
Are we going to see some health concerns in the future from all this sanitizer use?

I've only seen ONE portable hand washing station since Covid started and that was at an outdoor venue that was so huge it was almost impossible
to not socially distance.... Just thought it was weird.

Well that ought to be a massive clue to you and everyone else...

No one washes their hands any more...The novelty wore off...

You take your mask off when you get in your car or when you get home...You may wash your hands...You then handle your contaminated mask and put it in the washer or somewhere...Maybe in your purse which contaminates everything the mask comes in contact with...

Do you know any hand washers that wash their faces as well??? I don't...So you have all these little coronas running all over your face and every time you touch your face you touch something else and it's contaminated...Your dinner dishes are contaminated...Everything, everywhere is contaminated...The refrigerator handle...It's a big joke...

Even now...You can't go into a store without a mask...A smart person will throw the mask on the ground when he leaves the store because you don't want to contaminate your car...There are tons of contaminated masks on the ground outside the stores...Why are there not trash cans at the store exits to put the contaminated masks in??? It's a joke...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Here is another weird thing and very inconsistent with the narrative:

The only Corona test I ever did was about one month ago and only because I had no choice; I had to fly to visit my older son and when we returned they wouldn't let us out of airport without testing us, the fast test. Now this test is a highly unpleasant one: they shove that thing up your nose like no tomorrow, and deep in the back of your throat also. I had to take it three times cause I couldn't stand it and I almost threw up on the nurse. When I ask why they just don't take saliva samples from the mouth the answer was that there is not enough viral material to determine infection.

So my question is: if there are not enough viruses in the mouth and nose to show up in a test why the hell are we all forced to wear a mask? Am I missing something here?
Another thing: the staff performing the tests were not belonging to our local hospital or cliniques. They belonged to a private company, the same that provided the equipment for the fast tests, and were brought in from capital and they all stayed at the hotels in the city. Behind the test station there was a huge billboard advertising the same company. How is that for a modern pandemic?
Somebody made a lot of money out of this farce and is keep making money.
Not to mention the brilliant explanation of how reliable the fast tests were and how they worked: if you come out positive, then you are positive with Corona. If you come out negative it was not conclusive and you have to go and have the PCR test done to be sure.
Don't even get me started on the vaccines.

Even if I would believed all the Corona propaganda this fact alone would have raised suspicions for me. But as it is I'm gonna just sit home (we are on the third lockdown) and wait for it to burn out; there's no way back now. The whole world has gone mad.

edit on 3-1-2021 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Ehrm.. for us it’s mandatory to have a sanitizer dispenser at the entrance to every establishment. They’re either actived automatically or through a foot pedal.

You wash your hands when you enter the shop and when you exit.
Pretty simple and cheap. You guys seriously not doing this??

Why bother??? The mask makes your face itch and you are constantly adjusting the mask...As soon as you wash your hands they get contaminated again from your face...

You pick up boxes and vegetables that other contaminated people have handled...Then, when you check out you push the numbers on the key pad that every one else uses...It's a joke...A big fraud...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I find it unbelievable that all the COVID-woke stores are still using high powered air blowers for drying hands that are both disgusting and spread anything airborne very quickly.

Also, based on the number of masks in the average Walmart parking lot, it’s clear the virus simply disappears when it hits a mask... no worries if it escaping and littering is cool again.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperStudChuck
I find it unbelievable that all the COVID-woke stores are still using high powered air blowers for drying hands that are both disgusting and spread anything airborne very quickly.

Also, based on the number of masks in the average Walmart parking lot, it’s clear the virus simply disappears when it hits a mask... no worries if it escaping and littering is cool again.

Those blowers are the worst. It’s been proven they just spread germs, viruses and .....feces all over.. ugg

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
When the Rona first started I thought about the reusable grocery bags. I don’t see people using them at all anymore.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
When the Rona first started I thought about the reusable grocery bags. I don’t see people using them at all anymore.

My grocery store has a sign saying they do not allow reusable grocery bags at this time.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

"..A smart person will throw the mask on the ground when he leaves the store because you don't want to contaminate your car"

Thats the problem right there. You Can't rely on the individual to do the right thing. You can expect an individual won't do the right thing.

But you can't expect...the Spanish Inquisition!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Because water usage would skyrocket, and that’s not green. Not to mention the amount of soaps and paper products going into the treatment plants. Hand sanitizer is good enough. Is my guess.

Years ago we had been warned the sanitizers cause cancer, it sure is not good to be on all surfaces and around babies and young children.

WHO to fight and stay safe from COVID-19. WHO recommended alcohol based hand sanitizers for frequent hand hygiene, which are mainly made up from ethanol, isopropyl alcohols, hydrogen peroxides in different combinations. These preparations may become toxic to human health and environment when misused.

T chemicals have known toxic and hazardous impact on environment when released by evaporation. In early five months of 2020, American Association of Poison Control Center reported 9504 alcoholic hand sanitizer exposure cases in children under the age of 12 years and recognized that even a small amount of alcohol can cause alcohol poisoning in children that is responsible for confusion, vomiting and drowsiness, and in severe cases, respiratory arrest and death.

Furthermore, frequent usage of said hand sanitizers has reported increased chance of antimicrobial resistance and chance of other viral diseases. Current review is designed with main objective to highlight the toxic and serious health risks to human health and environment by frequent using hand hygiene products with alcohols based formulations.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Since Covid first took the world over there was something that was said over a million times.
Washing hands is one of the most effective means of not catching and spreading the virus.

Sooooooo... Isn't it weird that nobody has installed more sinks or handwashing stations?
Sure we've got sanitizer up the yin yang but some wonder if it is safe or even effective.
Hand washing is effective and has been proven with study after study to stop the spread of Covid & other diseases.

Illinois has (or had not sure) a restaurant called Bob Chins. They served Crab and seafood and very greasy
but delicious garlic rolls. In the middle of the restaurant they had hand washing stations. It was a brilliant thing.
This was well before Covid.

Why haven't we seen more of these?!!! Shouldn't every grocery store have one right by the produce or even before you enter,
what about at schools, or Hardware stores or other places that are "essential".
Sure they have bathrooms, but how many people go in those? Some people don't want to go in bathrooms right now.
They should have the portable sinks right out in front, just like you see at concerts and other venues.
Are we going to see some health concerns in the future from all this sanitizer use?

I've only seen ONE portable hand washing station since Covid started and that was at an outdoor venue that was so huge it was almost impossible
to not socially distance.... Just thought it was weird.

Where i live pretty much every store has a sanitisation table with some variation of alcohol gel on it right by the door. It's the new normal here. And wipes to clean cart or basket handles.

My understanding is that covid is transmitted by water droplets. You either breath them in, or they get on your hands and then in to your body when you eat or put your hand to your mouth.

For example, somebody sneezes, gets covid on their hands and then touches something. You touch that thing later on and get covid on your hands. You pick up a pen, get covid on it, then put the pen in your mouth, like a lot of people do. You now have covid.

I remember back when SARS was around, it was airborne as well, but a lot of people got infected from the buttons in a elevator as well in a super spreader event.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Iscool

"..A smart person will throw the mask on the ground when he leaves the store because you don't want to contaminate your car"

Thats the problem right there. You Can't rely on the individual to do the right thing. You can expect an individual won't do the right thing.

But you can't expect...the Spanish Inquisition!

In the case of covid, the government advice isn't wrong. But it's annoying that they talk down to you so people openly defy them.

If everybody wore a mask and washed their hands more covid would be mostly over by now.

It's just a super bad flu, and wearing a mask and washing your hands is good against the flu.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Because water usage would skyrocket, and that’s not green. Not to mention the amount of soaps and paper products going into the treatment plants. Hand sanitizer is good enough. Is my guess.

The amount of disposable masks and gloves and sanitizer can't be green either.

Water can be recycled, and so can paper products. Yes it does take energy though.

Made me wonder if all these people are breathing infectious human breath on all these disposable masks.
Where are all the hazardous waste bins to stop them blowing around the streets and clogging the drains like they do at present?

There are sharps bins in all public toilets ffs.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You have posed a really, really, good question which warrants an answer. Excellent question actually!

So, you kind of asked two different questions in your OP:

1. Why haven't you seen more hand washing stations? And,

2. Why haven't you seen more 'portable' hand washing stations?

Though they may seem like similar questions, and they are related, they are also different questions for a variety of reasons. Covid saftey measure effectiveness aside, I will try to give you the practical reasons why 'you haven't seen more of these'.

Permanent sinks - To install a public sink is an expensive affair actually. Building Code requires the sink have a drain, and drains are difficult and expensive. Sure, there is a cost associated with running a water line, but this cost pales in comparison to the cost of running the drain to the sink, and here's why. A drain has to empty into a sewer line, and the sewer line might not be near where the sink is. Plus, a drain line has to be sloped all the way to where the sewer is. If the distance is far away, the drain line can wind up at a lower elevation than the sewer line, then a 'lift-station' is required to pump the water up to the correct elevation (and this involves electricity and additional costs). Sinks and toilets are carefully located during building design to minimize these costs. Unless there is water and sewer nearby the front entrance of a store, installing a sink could involve breaking up the concrete all the way across a store to dig in the drain line from the sink. I think you get the idea; it's a pretty big deal to install something as seemingly simple as a sink. You can't just slam one in any old place. This leads us to the question of, 'okay then, why not use portable sinks?'

Portable sinks - First off, portable sinks are an absolute nightmare, for a whole variety of reasons! While you may have seen some at concerts or whatever, this was likely before the whole covid thing. In those cases, the sinks were seldom used. That wouldn't be the case today; they'd be used all the time. Then we have the drainage issue again. A portable sink drains into a tank, usually a part of the sink. These tanks fill up, and they fill up quickly. Someone has to empty these tanks, and that person has to be paid. Then they have to get rid of the water somewhere. Water is heavy, very heavy. So, if a person is going to empty the tanks, the tanks can't be very big. And then there is the issue of where to dump it. Can't the tank just be dumped down a drain? Yes and no, it can only be dumped down a certain kind of a drain. So, for example, you can't just dump the water from a sink down a storm drain, or out on a parking lot. It can only be dumped in a sewer drain which will lead to a treatment plant to be treated

Water weighs just over 8 lbs per gallon, so a 5 gallon tank of weighs about 42 lbs. Forty-ish pounds is about all you can expect an employee to lift on a regular basis. Any more than this and you're probably going to need some kind of a lift or piece of equipment. Imagine how fast a line of people would fill up a 5 gallon drain tank (5 minutes maybe?) Next, we have the issue of the wash water itself. There needs to be a tank for this also. So why not just hook it up to a hose and be done with it, right? Well, while it seems simple, this is probably the ugliest part of the whole challenge. The reason is because if you just hooked a hose or waterline to the portable sink the drain tank would fill up and overflow (which is illegal because then you're draining black/grey water out of the ground). The next thing is, the water itself, it can't be just any old water it has to be potable water. So you couldn't just go scoop some water up from the ditch and use that for your supply, it needs to be clean water. So now you're dealing with 2 tanks of water, one for supply and one for a drain...and that's just one single portable sink.

Now imagine your local grocery store, say Walmart or similar. Imagine how many people come in the store every minute. If there's only one sink there's going to be a line a mile long to use it in the first 20 minutes. So, you have to add more sinks, which means more supply tanks and more drain tanks, all of which need to be filled or emptied. Building Code also governs how many you need to have based on the Occupancy Type of the building. So a store like Walmart would be required to have something like 5-6 sinks (permanent or portable). You can see how the problem quickly scales out of control. It's a management and maintenance nightmare, and that's just the sinks. Then we have to add in the towels to dry your hands, and the waste associated with that. All of that has to get stocked and hauled off also. Pretty soon you've got a whole team of people who do nothing else but fill water tanks, drain water tanks, stock towels and haul off garbage. And none of those people add to your bottom line revenue, they are a dead-load cost.

Details, details, details; the devil is always in the details.

And just imagine what would happen to the prices of the products in the stores. They would skyrocket because of all these additional costs, and you know they're not going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts. No, they're going to cover those costs somewhere, and it won't be out of their bottom line.

So now you know why you don't see more handwashing stations/sinks in public places like stores and the like.

Excellent question! And one people probably need to understand better because it's real, and it's relevant, and it's upon us.

edit on 1/3/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh my god, I can't really believe just how stupid some people are. Wash your hands BS.
Listen very closely, I've said this in another thread. You go to the supermarket, you mask up and wash your hands, you walk around the store and pick up what you want. Now that item (say a box of cornflakes) has already been handles by multiple people, now you pick it up. You check out, get in your car, but not forgetting to disinfect your hands after leaving the store.
get home and wash your hands, bbbuuutt all that is too late all your grocery items are covered in Covid. Did you disinfect all your grocery packages??? If you say yes I'll call you a liar. You've already transported the virus from the store to your home, but you've washed your hands so it's ok.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I'm going to assume you are in the UK, or somewhere other than the US. My apologies if this isn't the case.

This subject has come up here previously, and it's a valid point.

Now, I can't speak for Building Codes in Europe, but here in the US medical waste containers are not mandated by Code in buildings other than City, County, State and Federal buildings, and even then it depends of the number of people using the facility. Businesses are not required to install them. They're not prohibited from installing them, but they're not required to either and they usually don't. The principle reason for this is waste from those containers has to be disposed of in a much different manner than regular trash. The two can't be combined at any point along the waste stream. Obviously there's a cost for this separate disposal, and it's not cheap. So that's the financial side of it (right or wrong).

On the medical side of the issue, it has been said that the reason used masks are not considered medical waste is because technically they are no different than a nose tissue (snot rag). In theory, the virus doesn't live long enough on a mask to pose a hazard. Or so they say. I'm not an epidemiologist, so I can't say for certain, but what I can say is, the moment you categorize face masks as hazmat then you wind up having to consider a whole bunch of other stuff hazmat too (facial tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, band aids, water bottles, cups, napkins, etc., etc.) And then there's the issue of things like silverware / utensils. Are dishwashers at the restaurant now going to be required to be hazmat certified?

There's a whole big can of worms which gets opened up when you classify face masks as medical waste.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Just Déjà vu about reading and replying to your post, no dream really, but for a moment it felt like this all happened exactly the same in a dream.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Weird when that happens. I was just having fun in my post to you last night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join