It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Welcomes Bid to Overturn Biden’s Election as Republican Senators Join

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: summer5

It will go nowhere. In order for the objections of a state's Electors to happen, a majority is needed in the House and Senate. This will not happen for obvious reasons.

This publicity stunt will delay the count but will have no affect on the outcome.

Biden will still be credited with 306 votes and become President on January 20th.

End of story

But , the VP carries a lot of weight because of the powers granted.
So , will any more join in ?
NOT end of story
Some folks seem to suffer form premature forecast.

Premature forecast, i think that goes along with E.D.
Election dysphoria

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

The Daily Fail seems to have lumped in with the pro-Trump crowd, you wouldn't expect any less of that rag

LOL! "Pro-Trump"? That's just funny! You obviously don't read the Daily Mail much, so you would have no way of knowing, but no, it is definitely NOT "pro-Trump." LOL again!

As for the story, it's either true or it isn't. The article cites a statement from Pence's spokesman, and other statements from Ted Cruz, etc. If you've got something to say the Daily Mail is wrong (or outright lying) about this, please do share. Otherwise, it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What Pence, or rather his spokesperson said was

"The vice president welcomes the efforts of members of the House and Senate to use the authority they have under the law to raise objections and bring forward evidence before the Congress and the American people on 6 January.”

As we know, there is no actual verifiable-in-a-court-of-law evidence available. I think Pence is just being careful with his words here.
edit on 3/1/21 by djz3ro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Gothmog

It will go nowhere. In order for the objections of a state's Electors to happen, a majority is needed in the House and Senate. This will not happen for obvious reasons.

This publicity stunt will delay the count but will have no affect on the outcome.

Biden will still be credited with 306 votes and become President on January 20th.

End of story

But , the VP carries a lot of weight because of the powers granted.
So , will any more join in ?
NOT end of story
Some folks seem to suffer form premature forecast.

Premature forecast, i think that goes along with E.D.
Election dysphoria

That would be a true statement in most cases.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The Daily Fail seems to have lumped in with the pro-Trump crowd, you wouldn't expect any less of that rag

LOL! "Pro-Trump"? That's just funny! You obviously don't read the Daily Mail much, so you would have no way of knowing, but no, it is definitely NOT "pro-Trump." LOL again!

Don't assume Boadicea, it isn't a good look for you. The Daily Fail has printed pro-Trump stories a lot the past few weeks. It's one of our more Right leaning papers.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

*Senate Leader McConnell has pleaded with his caucus not to block the vote
*McConnell says the effort will be futile and only divide and weaken the party
*Republicans Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey and Lisa Murkowski have spoken out against their colleagues' plans
*Romney blasted their 'egregious ploy' while Toomey said the 'evidence is overwhelming' that Joe Biden won the presidency

A viable list of Republican traitors.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Don't assume Boadicea...

Oh no. You're going to make me admit it, aren't you? Yup, you are. Okay. I'll come clean... I don't have to assume. I do read the Daily Mail!!!

...it isn't a good look for you.

The Daily Fail has printed pro-Trump stories a lot the past few weeks. It's one of our more Right leaning papers.

I don't completely disagree. I do agree that their coverage lately is less anti-Trump, but I wouldn't call it pro-Trump. And I'm really not trying to play semantics or split hairs. I honestly don't think the Daily Mail has any feelings on Trump -- pro or anti -- other than how much money they can make on his escapades.

They know how it works. They know what sells. They haven't lasted 125 years by being stupid... just outrageous and sensationalist.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Exactly. Even if they don't believe it, they have a damn duty to investigate -- even if only to prove every claim wrong -- and ensure the integrity of our elections.

Toomey should be thanking these fellow Senators for giving him the opportunity to present his "overwhelming" evidence to the American people. Funny that he ain't, eh?

I'm betting that every one of these Senators -- starting at the top with McConnell -- "won" their seat the same way Biden "won" the presidency.

And just to be clear, I do not believe every accusation that has been made. Not every accusation can be true at the same time. Plenty of disinfo and misinfo has been added to the mix. But there was no doubt cheating in this election. And there is no doubt many benefited. And there is no doubt the guilty do not want the whole truth known.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Exactly. Even if they don't believe it, they have a damn duty to investigate -- even if only to prove every claim wrong -- and ensure the integrity of our elections.

Toomey should be thanking these fellow Senators for giving him the opportunity to present his "overwhelming" evidence to the American people. Funny that he ain't, eh?

I'm betting that every one of these Senators -- starting at the top with McConnell -- "won" their seat the same way Biden "won" the presidency.

And just to be clear, I do not believe every accusation that has been made. Not every accusation can be true at the same time. Plenty of disinfo and misinfo has been added to the mix. But there was no doubt cheating in this election. And there is no doubt many benefited. And there is no doubt the guilty do not want the whole truth known.

Posts like these are precisely why I respect you .

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

What Pence, or rather his spokesperson said was

"The vice president welcomes the efforts of members of the House and Senate to use the authority they have under the law to raise objections and bring forward evidence before the Congress and the American people on 6 January.”

As we know, there is no actual verifiable-in-a-court-of-law evidence available. I think Pence is just being careful with his words here.

I agree.

That sounds like boilerplate political diplomacy to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I agree, the Daily Heil has definitely turned against Trump.

On the other hand, it is rarely a reliable source on anything apart from what Conservative Central Office might be thinking.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

On the other hand, it is rarely a reliable source on anything apart from what Conservative Central Office might be thinking.

LOL -- Well, they certainly shouldn't be anyone's only source!

But I think folks give them too much credit. They would actually have guiding principles and aspirations beyond making money to have any political philosophy.

I don't believe they have any other purpose than to stir the pot for as many clicks and views as possible. The more sensational, the more clicks and views, and therefore the most profitable.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
VP Pence was fired, then retired, then imprisoned in Vail Colorado last night.

Preserved for the ages ... did someone mention "credibility"?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Alternate explanation based on the facts we have: Trump has bamboozled these Senators into believing they will be the leaders of his new "Trump Party."

Another alternate explanation etc.: Politicians are chicken#.

Ron Johnson up for reelection in 2022

James Lankford up for reelection 2022

Ted Cruz 2024

Marsha Blackburn 2024

Mike Braun 2024

John Kennedy 2024

Anyone seeing a trend?

The other five were just elected and will be up in 2026.

SOURCE Wikipedia, for each politician.
edit on 3-1-2021 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I don't believe they have any other purpose than to stir the pot for as many clicks and views as possible. The more sensational, the more clicks and views, and therefore the most profitable.

State of the Media 2021.

Well said.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Alternate explanation based on the facts we have: Trump has bamboozled these Senators into believing they will be the leaders of his new "Trump Party."

Another alternate explanation etc.: Politicians are chicken#.

Oooh! Oooh! (waving hand wildly in air) I have one too!!!

Alternate explanation #3: They are spoilers... hoping to cover their own sorry arses from their own election-related crimes. (I suggest this because there seems to be two separate Republican groups challenging the certification with "parallel" arguments. That's from the Daily Mail, and I think I'm reading it correctly. Why would the second group of senators not join with the first group? How do their purposes differ? If there is strength in numbers, why divide rather than unite? I'm just thinking out loud here...)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Personally, I think they smell blood. McConnell may be seriously ill. Lindsey Graham just publicly disagreed with McConnell on the stimulus checks ... that's unheard of in recent history.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Personally, I think they smell blood. McConnell may be seriously ill.

I agree he is not looking well. Worse than Biden.

But I've looked at the some of the claims of irregularities with McConnell's election as well. It stinks to high Heaven too. They may indeed smell blood from various wounds.

Lindsey Graham just publicly disagreed with McConnell on the stimulus checks ... that's unheard of in recent history.

Wow. That is surprising. I hadn't seen that.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I made a thread about McConnell's election irregularities...though it was mostly ignored.

This maybe be a huge reason why McConnell does not want the election results to be investigated further.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I made a thread about McConnell's election irregularities...though it was mostly ignored.

Oh man... I missed that! Do you happen to have a link handy? I know there's a way to search a poster's threads, but I don't know how to do it...

This maybe be a huge reason why McConnell does not want the election results to be investigated further.

Yes, it could. Definitely. And if that's true, it brings up other possibilities to ponder. None of them good for Republicans!

It's a big reason why I cannot accept the "Well, if these Republicans say so, it must be true" or the "Well, if there was any truth to it the Republicans would be the first to call it out."
edit on 3-1-2021 by Boadicea because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join