It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Welcomes Bid to Overturn Biden’s Election as Republican Senators Join

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well here we go. I heard a brief live report on FB and this is the only article I can find right now. It's not the entire story unless you have a membership to the NYT, but you'll get the gist.

www.nytimes.com...

It appears Pence had welcomed the efforts by a group of Republicans lawmakers who plan to object to the outcome of the election.

"The group, led by Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, brings to nearly one-quarter the proportion of Senate Republicans who have broken with their leaders to join the effort to invalidate the victory of Joseph R. Biden Jr.Credit...Anna Moneymaker for The New York Times"

I'm sure it will be hitting other news sources soon.
edit on 2-1-2021 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: summer5

It will go nowhere. In order for the objections of a state's Electors to happen, a majority is needed in the House and Senate. This will not happen for obvious reasons.

This publicity stunt will delay the count but will have no affect on the outcome.

Biden will still be credited with 306 votes and become President on January 20th.

End of story

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It will go nowhere. In order for the objections of a state's Electors to happen, a majority is needed in the House and Senate. This will not happen for obvious reasons.

This publicity stunt will delay the count but will have no affect on the outcome.

Biden will still be credited with 306 votes and become President on January 20th.

End of story

But , the VP carries a lot of weight because of the powers granted.
So , will any more join in ?
NOT end of story
Some folks seem to suffer form premature forecast.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
VP Pence was fired, then retired, then imprisoned in Vail Colorado last night.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Can we get a link, friend?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Our Full of Sh'it MainStreamMedia widely reported that Gohmert's lawsuit against Pence was thrown out of Federal court last night.

www.cnn.com...

MSM viewers/readers were elated, even though they didn't know what the hell CNN (and others) were happy about, because the full-of-sh'it MSM never reported that several Republican Congressman had filed a lawsuit against VP Pence in the first place.

Americans should be really angry at the MainStreamMedia over how they continually hide potentially important developments.

edit on 1/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think the worst thing about Biden being POTUS is the idea that the media will never hold him accountable to anything, much like Obama.

I'll end up watching the "news" even less, if that's possible.

I'll probably consume even LESS political media than every before.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: summer5
Well here we go. I heard a brief live report on FB and this is the only article I can find right now. It's not the entire story unless you have a membership to the NYT, but you'll get the gist.

Deleted, can't get working link

ETA: something is off with how it's displayed, but the link works.
edit on 1/2/21 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

ETA: don't know why the link isn't working, removed.
edit on 1/2/21 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

End of story

You don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: summer5

An www.nytimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">archived page of the full story.

ETA: something is off with how it's displayed, but the link works.

Your link 404rd and redirected to the Wayback machine.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

End of story

You don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think they do either.

Of course, I may be wrong myself but procedurally when each state is asked the representative can state an objection, and if they have a signed objection from one representative and one senator my understandings that arguments can and will be heard. If there are enough objections then they can declare the election isn't certified and they got to the one state one vote and VP Mike Pence gets a vote too.

I don't think it will happen but I think that is what would happen procedurally if they believe the election wasn't secure.

Many sources on this the one below was the most succinct...

www.wusa9.com... results/65-70016bb7-eb70-4493-8e2b-f44cd5c284fa

What happens if Congress doesn’t approve of the Electoral College results?
ANSWER:

The presidency is decided in the House of Representatives with each state delegation getting one vote. The vice presidency is determined in the Senate.

SOURCES:

Aseem Mulji, Campaign Legal Center
Congressional Research Service- "Counting Electoral Votes: An Overview of Procedures at the Joint Session, Including Objections by Members of Congress" / "The Electoral College: A 2020 Presidential Election Timeline" / "Contingent Election of the President and Vice President by Congress: Perspectives and Contemporary Analysis"
PROCESS:

The U.S. code does allow Congress to object to electoral votes.

Here’s how it works: an objection needs to be in writing and signed by at least one Senator and one Representative.

In terms of what counts as a valid objection, Mulji said that the laws are vague.

"There isn't a ton of guidance about... what does and doesn't count as an objection," Mulji said. "Because these are internal rules of Congress, it's up to the houses of Congress to decide whether the objections are valid.”

After there’s an objection, the two houses will then hold separate votes on whether to accept or reject it.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Our Full of Sh'it MainStreamMedia widely reported that Gohmert's lawsuit against Pence was thrown out of Federal court last night.

www.cnn.com...

MSM viewers/readers were elated, even though they didn't know what the hell CNN (and others) were happy about, because the full-of-sh'it MSM never reported that several Republican Congressman had filed a lawsuit against VP Pence in the first place.

Americans should be really angry at the MainStreamMedia over how they continually hide potentially important developments.

You say the above moments after saying this,,

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Not true.

Do you ever get tired of constantly spreading lies?

What is alarming is how many blindly believe you because of their bias.

As I said before, the cognitive dissonance on display here is amazing.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

How much would you be willing to bet?

Biden will become President on January 20th. January 6th will be a circus but it will do nothing to change the results.

What is your excuse going to be next week after the votes are 'officially' counted?

After Biden gets sworn in, will you finally admit you are wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlesT

After Biden gets sworn in, will you finally admit you are wrong?

About 10 days in, will you admit you were wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't know what will happen, odds of some kind of circus look good. With the next 4 years at stake there is a lot to fight over. With all the legal stuff going on in the background is there going to be enough?

Looks like a lot of people are trying to make it. It is too far from here to go, will be at our state capital at 1pm with my red hat in solidarity for whatever happens. Good luck and may God be with you America.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The Daily Mail has it up now as well:

Pence BACKS Trump's 'dirty dozen': VP says he 'welcomes' bid by 12 Republican Senators lead by Ted Cruz to block certifying Biden's win and 'shares concerns with millions about voter fraud'

These are the bullet points from the article:

*Pence said in statement that he 'welcomes the efforts by the House and Senate'
*Welcomed their 'authority they have under the law to raise objections' to vote
*A total of 12 Republican senators now vow to object during January 6 vote
*Ted Cruz on Saturday issued a statement with 10 of his GOP colleagues
*They call for a commission to investigate the election in states that they dispute
*Their efforts are in parallel with those of Missouri Republican Josh Hawley
*Senate Leader McConnell has pleaded with his caucus not to block the vote
*McConnell says the effort will be futile and only divide and weaken the party
*Republicans Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey and Lisa Murkowski have spoken out against their colleagues' plans
*Romney blasted their 'egregious ploy' while Toomey said the 'evidence is overwhelming' that Joe Biden won the presidency

I don't think Pence has made up his mind about anything, but it's both prudent and wise for him to welcome whatever case the congress critters want to make.

The chips will fall where they fall.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You believe that? What am I saying, you think Trump won, of course you believe this nonsense!

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The Daily Mail has it up now as well:

The Daily Fail seems to have lumped in with the pro-Trump crowd, you wouldn't expect any less of that rag

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join