It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I tested positive for Covid-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I also have Type 1 Diabetes so I'm in that high risk group, but I think the symptoms must have been mild for me.

I never developed a fever and mostly it was just like a really extra bad cold. The worst part was that I felt winded whenever I got up to do anything. There was some indigestion like the more I moved around the more nauseous I became and the more sick I felt. I was literally in bed for days and did not get out of bed except to go to the bathroom and drink and eat- which was one thing I did a lot of, eat. I was starving, lol. I feel much better now but I have very little energy yet.

I have another week of quarantine to go, which my work may not be happy with. But idk man, it's their fault I got sick. We're a small company, under twenty employees, and like nine of us tested positive because apparently somebody who was sick kept coming into work and didn't tell anybody. That's some jacked up # if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Good luck and I am glad you are feeling better.
Tell your work to pound sand, you’ll be back when you test negative and the proper quarantine time has elapsed.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You'd think you could sue the jackass that was sick knowingly and came in.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Thanks.

Should I really wait until I test negative to go back, is that the proper way? I never heard of that until the other day from a fellow coworker who also tested positive. But it does make sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

Thanks.

Should I really wait until I test negative to go back, is that the proper way? I never heard of that until the other day from a fellow coworker who also tested positive. But it does make sense.

I don’t know that for a fact, I haven’t had it.
I would check with your doctor.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Yeah, if it could be proven. I guess right now it's all just hearsay. Sure seems like that's exactly what happened though.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm glad you seem to be getting better. From those I know who had it, it caused fatigue for over a week, some even had the lack of energy for three weeks. But everyone I know really well got better.

Except of course, people who were severely medicated in nursing homes and a few people who had problems before getting covid and avoided going to see the doctor because they didn't want to go to a place with a bunch of sick people. Two guys I know a little suffered severe heart attacks but died from covid. That is what happens when you can't go out and do anything for months and wind up cooking all the time because going to the grocery store is the only social event there is nowadays. These people didn't die of covid. I do know one guy who did die directly from the disease though, but he had bad COPD and was on three meds from what I hear.

edit on 2-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

You'd think you could sue the jackass that was sick knowingly and came in.

It would be very hard to prove that's where everyone contracted the covid.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know people who passed from covid19 as well, so sad. Yeah the lack of energy is the worst part of it I think, and I can see how some older people and people with prior issues can succumb to it and maybe not eat or drink enough which could make things worse.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Pretty much the same for me. I started feeling bad, then feeling real bad. Never had any breathing issues, but boy, I was wiped out for about 7-8 days. My dogs thought I was dying, and just laid on either side of me all day. I slept for days. I never barf, so there was none of that, but oh man, I was laid out.

For me it wasn't the flu so much as it was a ass-whoopin' cold. Just laid me out. And, to be completely honest I was down for over a week. I'd get up long enough to drink some juice, and eat some fruit, and then stagger back to bed. It wasn't pretty, but I got over it.

P.S. I was high risk too. HBP and and a smoker, w/ some Arrhythmia. Dumb me, I know, but that's my story.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I know people who passed from covid19 as well, so sad. Yeah the lack of energy is the worst part of it I think, and I can see how some older people and people with prior issues can succumb to it and maybe not eat or drink enough which could make things worse.

One thing I read about covid about five months ago. To keep up your energy by eating is important in fighting it. You need some sugars, but not too much, because viruses also utilize sugars for energy. Real Maple syrup does have some antiviral properties against covid, plus it supplies us with energy. Same with honey.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Guess that whole contact tracing thing is a load of crap then. 9 out of 20 in 1 location, I'm not a doctor but I can think of the most likely culprit given the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I like how you put it, it laid me out too!

I'm glad you survived it. I read that we can get it again too, so take care of yourself!

I read that about colds in general once and I never forgot it- so that makes a lot of sense and I appreciate you sharing this good information.

The doctor told me to make sure I do eat and drink enough, and check my blood sugar more frequently. That was all that he told me. He also prescribed me antibiotics I guess because I do have Type 1 diabetes? But I didn't have anybody go pick them up and before I knew it I was feeling better. Probably won't be needing them.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Very cliche, but food is medicine and medicine is food.

If you are able to stomach it, eat some seafood - crab esp.
Bone broth from grass-fed beef or chicken.
Don't forget the natural wonders of real honey, garlic, or ginger root.
Drink in teas and make sure you hydrate a lot with warm liquids. Only
warm liquids!!

I watch a lot of Asian historical dramas. There was actually a scene where they punished
prisoners by making them drink cold water. All the characters felt so bad for them because they
had to drink cold water. It was pretty funny but shows the difference in culture.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I love seafood! Also all the other foods listed, lol. I love food.

I was told to drink hot things because the heat can kill germs in the mouth and throat. That is very curious about asian culture, like it's not clean or safe unless it's hot.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That is very curious about asian culture, like it's not clean or safe unless it's hot.

From how I was raised cold water was considered to be a shock to your system and possibly make you sick.
We would also get beaten if we didn't wear socks. It was said cold feet could have
an effect on fertility later on in life.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thanks.

Take the advice of your doctor and keep your boss in the loop. If you live in the US you will be paid for you time off.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

One thing I read about covid about five months ago. To keep up your energy by eating is important in fighting it. You need some sugars, but not too much, because viruses also utilize sugars for energy. Real Maple syrup does have some antiviral properties against covid, plus it supplies us with energy. Same with honey.

Viruses my ass....no such thing as a virus as we all have been taught.....pleomorphic bacteria we need to kill love to eat sugar.....has a little to do with their relationship with Pigs.

Some of us use sugar as bug bait.
edit on 2-1-2021 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That is very curious about asian culture, like it's not clean or safe unless it's hot.

From how I was raised cold water was considered to be a shock to your system and possibly make you sick.
We would also get beaten if we didn't wear socks. It was said cold feet could have
an effect on fertility later on in life.

Hookworm sucks to wearing things on your feet is always a good thing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join