It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senators Led By Ted Cruz To Object To Electoral College Certification. Demand Audit.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: QUANTUMGR4V17Y
I am kind of surprised to not see Democrats on board with the special Election Commission.

If these were simply allegations and there is evidence of the contrary, that those alleging are lying (perjury), are receiving kickbacks from Trump, that Trump is fomenting a coup against his successor, etc. Then proving the election was valid in the law, would quash any real threat to our democratic process, and would expose Trump for the con artist he is. It would restore public trust.

You would think that Democrats would be JUMPING at this chance, if the allegations are in fact false. If it is all a sham, if Trump is a con artist trying to pull his con, then exposing it would be the best way to put any and all questions about this election to rest.

I don't see any Democrats calling for this, though. Which is highly suspect, given they have been trying to get him on anything for the past 4 years. Am I wrong? Are there Democrats on board with the special Election Commission for 2020 election?

That's the rub, they are fully aware of the fraud that has taken place and are scared to death that it will be found true.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
CNN says Republicans are MELTING DOWN!

www.cnn.com...

LOL.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN says Republicans are MELTING DOWN!

www.cnn.com...

LOL.

Of course. Because you can’t be concerned without “melting down”. The procedure to do this was set in place a damned long time ago. Someone foresaw a need and made sure that need would be able to be met if the need ever arose. So why using the option is considered “melting down” is beyond me. There are dates in the OP I made where Democrats used the same option. I guess they were “melting down” too. It’s good to see we all apparently suffer from it yet it’s only bad when one group does it.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
if they do this and overturn the results i have a feeling the Republicans will never win anything ever again because they will look like tyrants. i mean only 30 something percent of voters were registered Republicans so i doubt Republicans would actually have support from most trump voters in such an action, even if they wanted trump to win originally.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

In order for Cruz's attempt at an audit, he'd need the support of the House and Pelosi won't let that happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
if they do this and overturn the results i have a feeling the Republicans will never win anything ever again because they will look like tyrants. i mean only 30 something percent of voters were registered Republicans so i doubt Republicans would actually have support from most trump voters in such an action, even if they wanted trump to win originally.

Star for you just for your honest opinion.

I believe if they DON’T do anything they will never win anything ever again. At some point they will have to weigh out the appease/optics part of this as well. There is a large number of voters who have now lost faith in the system. And while Classifying them as Trump supporters makes that statement not sound as bad... if you take into account the 70+ million votes he received (if we are saying it was honest) that is a MASSIVE number of people (even if not all of them think fraud occurred) to disenfranchise.

Nobody leaves office until January 20 regardless. I believe it would behoove both sides of the aisle to consider the concerns of that many American citizens. Follow it through and if at the end nothing has changed then you have restored faith in the system and sent Biden into his administration with less doubt and negativity. What is the harm in that? It serves both sides at the same time.

Money has been wasting on far more frivolous things than trying to unite the country.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ted cruz being the leader of this should be your first clue that it will go nowhere.

Ted new that the sc wouldn't hear that case so he loudly declared that he would argue the case to the sc himself.
Knowing that he would never end up there but also knowing that it would gain him political points.

This is the same. Ted knows this group has no teeth. He just wants the political points for being involved.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

They all have a common goal. Saving America from angry, isolated, non-transparent, dementia JOE.

Nope. Their common goal is to lay claim to Trump’s base of dimwitted supporters after Trump is gone in a few weeks, so that they don’t get primaried in the next election. They’re hoping to do that by pretending to the dimwit supporters that they’re concerned about saving America from Joe. There’s some evidence that some people are dumb enough to fall for their scam.

Inside the beltway this kind of play is known as “Kabuki theater”.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think this is absolutely amazing! I'm so glad to see folks stand up for their beliefs.

Maybe this handful of Senators can split off from the Republicans and form the Trump Party. (I mean, we might as well call it that right?)

But regardless of all the theatre, this is what will happen.

There will be a resolution to consider all objections simultaneously. Trump loyalists will talk for 2 hours in the Senate. The Senate will vote. It will be a simple majority vote. It doesn't matter how the vote goes, although it will probably end with no Electoral votes being objected to.

The House will probably allow the 2 hours of debate. The House will vote. No Electoral votes will be objected to.

The Joint Session will be resumed as required by law, Joe Biden will be affirmed the 46th President of the United States.

Cruz and the others will pay for their disloyalty to McConnell hopefully resulting in a new party which might finally have the momentum to destroy the two party system.

I cannot be upset about that. Way to go Cruz and company!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Interestingly enough; some people DID use to think the moon was cheese.

We then, DID mount an expedition to the moon......

This is a lot simpler of a solution...... just takes honesty, not scientific breakthroughs......

I hope they do their due diligence and force an audit, thieves usually don’t let you check their pockets though....

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Happy 2021!

EMERGENCY AUDIT INCOMING.

www.foxnews.com...

KaaaaBOOM!

edit on 1/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There's no Constitutional mechanism for an audit. I think there's a good chance that a Federal mandate to audit results that have been certified by the Governor of each State would be illegal under the Tenth, Twelfth and Fourteenth Amendments.

The method to object is enshrined in law. That will be followed. The two chambers will vote as is their duty.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: 1947boomer

Happy 2021!

EMERGENCY AUDIT INCOMING.

www.foxnews.com...

KaaaaBOOM!

You literally just recopied the source from the OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In order for Cruz's attempt at an audit, he'd need the support of the House and Pelosi won't let that happen.

I’ve already stated multiple times that I don’t think it will be overturned. China’s president could literally stand up and say he funded the fraud and tell how he did it and it will not be overturned. There is too much to lose to overturn it. Rampant violence. Loss of faith in the process for the other side, etc. It is what it is. But I do appreciate seeing some senators coming out like Hawley because their constituents demanded it. More of our elected officials on both sides should do that far more often IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 1/2/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ted knows this. He is playing a game for political points.

I don't think he even wants trump as potus.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So what?

Why so excited?

It's just going to prove that biden won.

Ted knows this. Maybe that's why he is doing it?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Cruz! Haha. So now the most spineless, no-integrity, pandering, wuss of the republicans is on the case.
Well Sam I Am, now it's a party.

The hole has been dug. It's a deep one and there's a long climb ahead.

'But please missa Trump, show me which ring to kiss, me wants votes.'

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So, this election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."? What's also true is that the COVID vaccine "rollout" has been unprecedented in its ineptness and overall failure.

Both issues have a common source of unprecedentedness; an insane president that's being enabled and coddled by a terrorized national political party.

These Republicans feel safe doing this because they've been assured that the motion won't pass, and nothing will be affected by it. Then, they can send out fund-raising mailers to their base claiming that they "stood by the president" even though they knew all along that this "audit" motion was always and already dead on arrival.

Meanwhile, the vaccine rollout sits and waits for a functional national government to take the reins and actually roll it out the way these sorts of things are supposed to be rolled out. You don't hand that sort of effort to Walgreens and CVS and just walk off and play friggin' golf. Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

The extent we have allowed Trump's coop to run it's course is really exceptional. See? You can call it election fraud all you want but I can call it Trump's attempted coop. Where does that get us.

From what I understand there is a handful of Trump loyalists who want an audit in both the Senate and the House. If the objections are strong enough both the House and the Senate will adjourn for discussions on the matter then reconvene for the count. As it stands at this point, we can expect the House under Democrat control to vote against any further delay. Do I have that assumption correct?

Likewise, the Senate though under Republican control, has in it's leader, McConnell stated that the electoral college count will stand, so even in the Senate, those protesters face a steep up hill battle. Do you have any idea how many senators will join the list of those in favor of this audit? From the count I found in the Fox news in the post just under your last reply, it appears to only be a hand full or so.

So do we want to insure the integrity of our elections? Of course we do. Do we want cheaters to get away with cheating? Of course we don't. So what do we have here? Democrat cheaters or hand fulls of Trumpian sycophants still trying to tie their future political careers to his coat tails. From the state of many of those proofs of fraud that Trump's legal team have come up with, I would consider that the fraud was not nearly as accused by them and that what we have here is the latter, Trumpians seeking to please their master.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join