It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senators Led By Ted Cruz To Object To Electoral College Certification. Demand Audit.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Interesting...

A coalition of GOP senators and senators-elect, led by Sen. Ted Cruz, will object to the Jan. 6 certification of the presidential election results when a joint session of Congress meets next week unless there is an emergency 10-day audit of the results by an electoral commission.

We have some names though not surprisingly they all have an R behind them -

Cruz -- along with Sens. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; James Lankford, R-Okla.; Steve Daines, R-Mont.; John Kennedy, R-La.; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., and Mike Braun, R-Ind.; as well as Sens.-elect Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo.; Roger Marshall, R-Kansas; Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., and Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala. -- say that the election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."

This is separate from the one led by Sen. Josh Hawley.

Their effort is separate from one announced by Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., who said this week that he would object to what he said was the failure of some states -- most notably Pennsylvania -- to follow their own election laws.

And not the first time. I guess it just wasn't as politicized:

The lawmakers say there is a precedent of Democrats objecting to election results in 1969, 2001, 2005 and 2019: "And, in both 1969 and 2005, a Democratic Senator joined with a Democratic House Member in forcing votes in both houses on whether to accept the presidential electors being challenged," they say.

"In 1877, Congress did not ignore those allegations, nor did the media simply dismiss those raising them as radicals trying to undermine democracy," the lawmakers say. "Instead, Congress appointed an Electoral Commission -- consisting of five Senators, five House Members, and five Supreme Court Justices -- to consider and resolve the disputed returns."

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission’s findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed," they say.

Without that, they will vote against the certification.

"Accordingly, we intend to vote on January 6 to reject the electors from disputed states as not ‘regularly given’ and ‘lawfully certified’ (the statutory requisite), unless and until that emergency 10-day audit is completed," they say in the statement.

They believe excessive fraud occurred -

"Voter fraud has posed a persistent challenge in our elections, although its breadth and scope are disputed. By any measure, the allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election exceed any in our lifetimes," the lawmakers say in a statement.

There is more to the article via the link I posted. I do not claim to know exactly what this means for the path forward. I don't know if it will even change anything other than to let people know where these folks stand on this whole issue.

Read Here - www.foxnews.com...

I post. You decide. We are watching history being made be it good or bad. We are watching a process play out that many of us have never really seen or paid attention to.
edit on 1/2/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
They all have a common goal. Saving America from angry, isolated, non-transparent, dementia JOE.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Any concerted objection efforts are telling 2020, "Here, hold my beer."

I don't know if the Electoral College vote 'can' be overturned. If this is just GOPers beating their drum ... it's a damned shame.

If the fraudulent election is stopped in its tracks: Good!!
If the fraud isn't prosecuted ... and the traitors put to death: Bad!!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

the election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."

Yes, this is true, this election featured unprecedented ''allegations''. However just because there might be unprecedented allegations that the moon is made of green cheese does not mean we could mount an expedition to go there and check it out.

However I do agree with your comments. These are interesting times and a lot of stuff has become important to pay attention to that most of us have not paid attention to in the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Projected: 40 hours of debate on the legitimacy of Pennsylvania's certification of Biden.

twitter.com...

The more Senators onboard...add more states... the longer the debate(s).

For those who do not already have a source for keeping abreast of Jan 6th procedural developments, Maximus Uncensored is a good one.

Maximus Uncensored Twitter page: twitter.com...
edit on 1/2/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

the election "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud and illegal conduct."

Yes, this is true, this election featured unprecedented ''allegations''. However just because there might be unprecedented allegations that the moon is made of green cheese does not mean we could mount an expedition to go there and check it out.

However I do agree with your comments. These are interesting times and a lot of stuff has become important to pay attention to that most of us have not paid attention to in the past.

No one is talking about a moon of green cheese except you though. Everyone else is talking about election integrity, especially these officials.

link   

Years-long investigations such as Crossfire Hurricane were based on rumors and conspiracy theories, but countless allegations and sworn affidavits into election fraud do not even warrant a look. It will be nice to see an objection at the very least.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

President Trump on AG Barr and election irregularities: "He didn't even want to take a look at it!"

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am kind of surprised to not see Democrats on board with the special Election Commission.

If these were simply allegations and there is evidence of the contrary, that those alleging are lying (perjury), are receiving kickbacks from Trump, that Trump is fomenting a coup against his successor, etc. Then proving the election was valid in the law, would quash any real threat to our democratic process, and would expose Trump for the con artist he is. It would restore public trust.

You would think that Democrats would be JUMPING at this chance, if the allegations are in fact false. If it is all a sham, if Trump is a con artist trying to pull his con, then exposing it would be the best way to put any and all questions about this election to rest.

I don't see any Democrats calling for this, though. Which is highly suspect, given they have been trying to get him on anything for the past 4 years. Am I wrong? Are there Democrats on board with the special Election Commission for 2020 election?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero

Years-long investigations such as Crossfire Hurricane were based on rumors and conspiracy theories, but countless allegations and sworn affidavits into election fraud do not even warrant a look. It will be nice to see an objection at the very least.

Agreed. I think for the future integrity of our elections that this must happen. Every avenue must be explored and people must feel like this was taken seriously. If not then I do fear for what that means for future elections. If trust is lost by enough then our republic can not stand and all future leaders will lead under a shadow of theft and suspicion whether true or not. The damage will be done and it may never be undone afterwards.

Either take the time to do it now (even if you are one who thinks it's just for optics) or have doubt cast on every leader (president, governor, senator, etc.) from now on.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I see process of objection as last peaceful solution to the obvious fraud.

That so called "officials" and "courts" have not acted shows deeply embedded bribery and corruption.

Politicians know American people will ask the question "how long has cheating been going on" destroying their legitimacy.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes, green cheese was a hyperbolic exaggeration drawn to make an outlandish comparison. You know, common fare for ATSers. But the point wasn't green cheese, it was the word ''allegations''. And yes there have been a lot of them, most of which have been tossed by the states and the court. But you know that already so what's the point of pointing it out to you again. And again, and again.

The rest of us have watched for the last two months every time another ''big event'' has been promised by Trump's camp and each time your hopes have been extended and each time as each one has failed due to insufficient evidence another 'big event'' is promised for ''next week''. So what will it be on Monday night when this has also failed to keep Pence from certifying Biden? What next will it be on the calendar to ''save the day''?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cruz, a true Trump lapdog has no self-respect left.

What Trump did to this moral coward in the election was humiliating yet he still kisses his rump with alacrity.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: QUANTUMGR4V17Y

You would think that would be the case but could you imagine being the first democrat to break rank? So far only republicans have spoken out. No doubt there will be some Democrats included in the special Electoral Commission to make sure it remains bipartisan.

But I think for now the democrats lay low.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

One thing you can take home, Trump is in this to any end and at
great risk to himself and his family. He's simply being himself
and that has unraveled the democrats every time. Why would
it be any different this time? We've never seen anything the likes
of Donald J. Trump and neither have the Chi Com pedophile dems.
edit on 2-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Cruz, a true Trump lapdog has no self-respect left.

What Trump did to this moral coward in the election was humiliating yet he still kisses his rump with alacrity.

He said some not nice things I agree. But so did Kamala to Joe during their debates yet she fell all over herself to be his VP. It’s theater. We all know that. Whatever keeps the other side from winning. But you have to be able to see it on both sides. Ted Cruz is batting for his team more so than for Trump. I’d make a wager on that. I would also like to believe that at least one or two of the senators are acting on behalf of their constituents. And that’s something ALL of them should do more often.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yeah, Kamala accused Biden's father of an assassination.

Sure, Cruz has sold what's left of his soul for his next presidential run.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I can appreciate your thinking here, it makes sense. In reply I would add that they have watched and watched as each state has certified and as court after court has pushed aside these allegations as insufficient testimony.
These state election commissions have been controlled by both parties and any number of judges have been republicans or Trump appointees. Trumps election official guy said the election was cool and then Trump fired him. Trump's AG said there was not enough evidence to overturn the election and then he retired.

How many recounts in contested counties have there been, I have lost count. But how many of them have proven any different outcome? None that I recall. You?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Cruz has sold what's left of his soul for his next presidential run.

Please stop that kinda talk, my withered brain just can not handle that right now.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Yeah, Kamala accused Biden's father of an assassination.

Sure, Cruz has sold what's left of his soul for his next presidential run.

You’re right. She didn’t accuse Biden’s daddy of anything.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that she believes women who say they felt uncomfortable after receiving unwanted touching from former Vice President Joe Biden.

"I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it," Harris said at a presidential campaign event in Nevada.

The California senator added that Biden will need to decide for himself whether to run for president.

"He's going to have to make that decision for himself. I wouldn't tell him what to do," Harris said.

www.google.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join