It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Portland claims to have big boy pants. Will he wear them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical Antifa and anarchists," Wheeler said during a Friday news conference, according to KOIN. "In response, it will be necessary to use additional tools and push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end."

First of all, there is no "Antifa", just as there is no "BLM". it's a myth. No centralized organization. At least that's what the ATS Answer for everything folks say. But somehow, this mythical group just won't seem to go back to the woods with Bigfoot.

And after they helped with the election and all, you would think they would be treated better. it's almost as if they outlived their usefulness. Now the big question will be, can Mayor Ted get his cucks all lined up again?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope antifa burns that entire city to ashes starting with Wheeler's new house after they burned down the last one.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In a totally unrelated topic. . . . Hitler had issues with his Brownshirts after Krystahlnacht as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Amazing what you find on the floor in the gym changing room, these days.

A more relevant question would be....."Are they clean?".

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nope. Once you can buy somebody (anybody) they are always for sale to the highest bidder. They have no loyalty, no moral code, no integrity, and no honor. They burned down your neighbor’s house for the $2,000 you gave them. They’ll burn yours down next week for $2,000 and a Walmart gift card.

After all the money Portland has lost for allowing this to continue, there is not a lot he can promise to get his troops back in line.

You shop for people with no values then expect them to gain some while in your employment? Idiocy and irony.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The fascist Trump lost... They are not rioting just celebrating the victory. It seems once the liberals take the leash off the junk yard dogs and let them run free for 9 months they have a hard time getting the leash back on. I wonder how long will it be before the people of Portland see that Trump was right to want to nip this in the bud quickly, but hey they wanted to use them as a anti-Trump tool, well good luck getting that genie back in the bottle...lol

edit on 2-1-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I believe the technical term for that is "talking through one's hat."

Action talks, bull# walks.

Let's see what happens.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Wow, I guess you do reap what you sow.
But go on ahead, try and stuff that genie back into the bottle. I could use some more comedy.

:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Why is he upset with peaceful protesting all of a sudden.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Will this be a trend, for the demon-cratic cities moving forward?

The tide is turning.

“Those who don't know the value of loyalty can never appreciate the cost of betrayal.”

rL

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In a totally unrelated topic. . . . Hitler had issues with his Brownshirts after Krystahlnacht as well.

Something something Bolsheviks Mensheviks, and somehow Trotsky ended up with a world-class headache.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Will this be a trend, for the demon-cratic cities moving forward?

The tide is turning.

“Those who don't know the value of loyalty can never appreciate the cost of betrayal.”

rL

People moving out of Portland in droves...This side of the river in WA is booming.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Cakiest Mayor in all the lands.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

My cynical view is that he sacrificed his city on the alter of political expediency, using his constituents as pawns in an anti-Trump ploy.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

Trump the great bringer together of bat# insane blue hairs.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We pray for the safety of all humans, just trying to survive, before this fabricated reality. On another note; we are seeing license plates (many Cali & Mich) in the #'s, here in the Midwest; hopefully leaving the chains of corruption far behind
A better world is near, hang in there friend!

rL

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Besides some of the wacky liberals making laws and antifa, it seems like a cool place to live. No fluoride, less harsh on having small amounts of drugs, legalized mushrooms.

It seems like it would be a cool place to live once they get rid of antifa.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Could be another "feigned outrage" red herring.

They have done this before with no materialization.

Democrats are 100% behind ANTIFA.

They have a bigger hidden agenda that's not so hidden 😵

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: projectvxn

Besides some of the wacky liberals making laws and antifa, it seems like a cool place to live. No fluoride, less harsh on having small amounts of drugs, legalized mushrooms.

It seems like it would be a cool place to live once they get rid of antifa.

Yea......NOOOOOOO

I worked there for over thirty years and lived in the area as well as the next county over most of my adult life and lived in the state most of my whole life. I moved away about 10 years ago and went back for a visit Dec 2017. Brought tears to my eyes. Homeless everywhere in downtown Portland. Garbage everywhere. Crime rate was way up and continues to go up. The friends I had the opportunity to visit who hadn't moved away were sick and angry about how things were going. And that wasn't just in Portland, it was in Clackamas county and other surrounding areas as well. Drugs everywhere. I barely recognized neighborhoods I had once lived in. Some I didn't recognize at all and had a hard time believing they were the same places.

I'm so glad I moved away but sad as well. Oregon is the most beautiful state in the world to me. I lived there for almost 50 years and I do miss it. But I don't miss all the bs and degradation of Portland and many of the outlying areas. Unfortunately, I moved to a state that is fast becoming the next "Oregon". Little did I know that at the time but I'm too old to move now. Fortunately I live in a rural farming community and our little neck of the woods is great. We read all about the bs in the big city but are physically far removed from all the crap. Living out here there is still the sense of independence and hard work for the most part. Kids are polite and so are the cops.

Portland is just a "mini me" of San Francisco and Seattle. I don't know if you've seen pics of San Fran but it ain't a treat any more.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wheeler isn’t going to do a damn thing. I make that statement based on the observation that he’s had months to stop the madness in Portland, yet no action has been taken to contain the rioting and destruction of the city. It’s more political posturing from a useless government official.

Here’s a fun fact: Wheeler is also the Police Commissioner of Portland; if he were going to curtail any illegal activity, he would have made it happen when all of this nonsense began, but instead, like the mayors of 25 other Democrat-ran cities that were set ablaze, Wheeler ordered the police to stand down until Trump threatened to send in Federal police.

Additionally, if a mayor refuses to perform the duties of their office, it becomes the Governor’s role to ensure violence is stopped by having the police and/or the state’s Guard units deployed to contain the situation.

None of that happened and it’s not going to happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join