It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Supplements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
With the temporary lull in global madness, I thought I would share with you foodstuffs I eat on a daily basis that I believe keeps me healthy. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years and the nature of my work doesn't allow for sick leave(don't ask) unless you have to be hospitalized.

I only ever drink pills for inflammation of my lower back.

On a daily basis I eat pumpkin seeds(zinc), bananas (potassium), cranberries (superfruit) and drink a fruitjuice blend consisting of pomegranates and aronia berries that are rich in antioxidants amongst other things .

Which foods do you eat regularly to supplement your immune system?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I eat meat on a regular basis. It contains a lot of things my body needs. Basically I hear on what I crave. At least an apple a day, they say, that keeps the doctor away.

Don't eat processed food, a lot of vitamins break down fast. I go to the fresh market every Saturday, in fact I just came back and did my chores. They have everything I need plus some things you normally can't get. Selfmade whool socks, almost every little market stand sells something from a neighbor or a near farm that wouldn't have the time or resources to have a own stand.

The only setback is that you only get strawberry in strawberry seasons, for example. But here I know where the things grew and for example the apple juice I supplement to the own apple juice I make, is from a project that pays up to double of the market price for non treated fruits.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I also eat meat on a daily basis. The foodstuffs I mentioned are apart from breakfast, lunch and dinner which I'll admit is not always the healthy options.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I eat meat on a regular basis. It contains a lot of things my body needs. Basically I hear on what I crave. At least an apple a day, they say, that keeps the doctor away.

Don't eat processed food, a lot of vitamins break down fast. I go to the fresh market every Saturday, in fact I just came back and did my chores. They have everything I need plus some things you normally can't get. Selfmade whool socks, almost every little market stand sells something from a neighbor or a near farm that wouldn't have the time or resources to have a own stand.

The only setback is that you only get strawberry in strawberry seasons, for example. But here I know where the things grew and for example the apple juice I supplement to the own apple juice I make, is from a project that pays up to double of the market price for non treated fruits.

We buy strawberries from a local farmer when they are in season. We get twenty four quarts of them and make freezer jam out of about ten quarts and give them to the kids and a few friends. We freeze the rest, if you take off the stems, wash them in water that does not contain chlorine, they come out great tasting when frozen. You have to put them spread out on big half sheet baking pans and freeze them individually first, then just take out what you need, rinse them, then slice them and add a little sugar to make strawberries to put over things like homemade shortcake or ice cream. Or you can throw them into a malt or smoothy washed, sliced, and still partly frozen. When I go pick them up here, they were picked that morning and are fresh as hell, to get the best result, they have to be froze or jam made from them immediately, the great flavor in the jam or frozen picked ripe berries dissipates within a day of picking. People wonder how come our jam tastes better than most people's freezer jam....it is because we process them immediately in the first day of picking...up till midnight doing berries most times, and my fingers are stained red for a week.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I drink milk kefir on most days. I like to brew it strong and make fruit smoothies for breakfast. It's refreshing especially with fresh tumeric w/pepper, ginger and hemp hearts. Feels good.Lots of garlic and onions.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
With the temporary lull in global madness, I thought I would share with you foodstuffs I eat on a daily basis that I believe keeps me healthy. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years and the nature of my work doesn't allow for sick leave(don't ask) unless you have to be hospitalized.

I only ever drink pills for inflammation of my lower back.

On a daily basis I eat pumpkin seeds(zinc), bananas (potassium), cranberries (superfruit) and drink a fruitjuice blend consisting of pomegranates and aronia berries that are rich in antioxidants amongst other things .

Which foods do you eat regularly to supplement your immune system?

Pumpkin seeds can be good for you, but the lectin chemistry can be a problem for many people. Bananas have lots of heuvens in them...they are extreme histamine foods, good for some people and bad for others. Cranberries and chokeberries are both high cyanide food chemistries. Chokecherries are not good for people unless made into wine. Yes the cyanide in them is bioactive against microbes, but can also poison us. Cranberries are safe for some people but not others and that is dependent on how much of a particular enzyme you make metabolically. All cyanides, even anthrocyanins can be toxic to some people, which ones depends on your metabolism and how much enzyme that frees up the cyanide a person makes. If you get thirsty off of a berry, that means you can cleave the cyanide off and it should not be consumed only when necessary, to fight an infection you have at the time.

Pomegranates do have some good medicinal properties, but also are a strong psychotropic food, so you get high and feel good when consuming pomegranates. That would be everyone, but it is a decent buzz, which lasts for about eight hours in me. They can be addictive, but mostly psychologically addictive, I have read nothing about them being physically addictive. I like to treat myself occasionally to a little pomegranate. Better buzz than pot and you do not get a super buzz off of it. There is some good information in this article about how things of old work in regards to psychotropic effects, but much more has been found out about this stuff and overuse is not good.

akjournals.com...

The banana is a feel good drug too, but works in a different way. Bananas contain tryptophan, couple that with the pomegranate chemistry or MAOI foods and you got a better buzz.

I can go into depth on many of the feel good food chemistries but will not because humans need to feel happy to enjoy life, but overuse of anything can cause high and low swings. Especially cocao which is a commonly used psychotropic chemistry touted as a superfood. Anything that makes people happy and content they seem to tout as a super food these days, just eat another candy bar and go out and keep spending till your charge card is maxed out.

I do not even want to get started on the chemistry of wine and red grapes, they made wine into a superfood too, that is a chemistry that makes people believe something since they cannot think well enough to figure out it is a lie, it also promotes memory formation which makes it easier to be programmed to believe in something that is not real.
edit on 2-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's very interesting. It must be a very mild high because I was completely unaware of it.

What types of food do you eat for health reasons on a regular basis?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Also, a very interesting take on some familiar tales in the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks, OP, for an awesome thread! Why aren't we teaching this instead of fear? Healthy 💗 immmmmmune!!!

I use copious amounts of cannabis, along with my plant based diet🙏

Growing my own food makes EVERYTHING perfect!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

That sounds like a serious flu beater.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'm not saying I enjoy Sativa, but if I did it would be great.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Make NO BONES about it; cannabis is Gods medicine

I appreciate all sativas
all phenos, all hyb'rs
indicas are my true love, we know W H A T it kills, dont we, bones ?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's very interesting. It must be a very mild high because I was completely unaware of it.

What types of food do you eat for health reasons on a regular basis?

You are unaware of it because you have always tried to choose foods to be the way you want to be. People have an automatic in them that forms cravings and habits. People constantly uneasy or depressed could alter their diet most times and it would make up for their problems. If you try to avoid sugars and dopamine stimulating foods or those that stimulate gaba, then you will not feel happy and content. People make different amounts of enzymes, so people have to eat different to be in the same mood or mindset. Try avoiding the foods you are used to and you will see the change in your attitude after a few days, it takes a day or more to start clearing the system. Also, not eating also can effect your mind, even drinking too much water can make you drunk. People can't notice it, I knew something was happening, but never really studied why my mood used to change. Also, if you want to go out and do something, eating some pizza will give you the proper chemistry to actually enjoy yourself more and have a good time....But it isn't the best thing to eat before going to sleep or if you go sit and study in a class. Look at how much effect a single cup of coffee can have in the morning....it is so common if you drink coffee, that you probably just know you need it to get started. Others get all gittery from it.

I eat food to control my epilepsy. Homemade soups with certain chemistries, most contain cabbage. Asparagus is one of the best ways to control it, three of the stalks a day is adequate to control it, but if I eat maybe six a day for many days I feel like I am a little drunk. Powerful chemistry in asparagus for me. Meat contains some calming chemistry that works well, a keto/paleo cross works. If I eat sugars or glutamine/glutamate foods I have to boost other chemistry to make up for it or my seizure risk goes up along with my head noise. But Potatoes contain enough calming benzo chemistry for a carb that I do not get a heightened risk

Most of the antiepileptic properties are found in certain plants. Aged food is bad for epilepsy, high histamine or histaminase blocking plant chemistry is not good. Tomatoes and avacados are bad and most veggies I eat need to be cooked or I have side effects. I can't disolve plant fiber well anymore, I actually was probably not able to digest it well most of my life, but it has gotten worse now that I am getting old. I dislike coca cola but it disolves the beezoars that form. Not foods I ate much of before I got my epilepsy from the car accident.

I study the properties of foods a lot and the pharma drugs that are often based off of those properties. You would be surprised how bioactive some of the plant chemistries are. How they alter your perception and you do not even realize it.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Also, a very interesting take on some familiar tales in the link you provided.

Those tales are the basis of quite a bit of the pharmacology today. Pharmacology took information from multiple cultures and put it together to form their philosophy and used that chemistry to design a lot of the meds we get today. They identified the chemicals that were bioactive and got rich doing it.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

I drink milk kefir on most days. I like to brew it strong and make fruit smoothies for breakfast. It's refreshing especially with fresh tumeric w/pepper, ginger and hemp hearts. Feels good.Lots of garlic and onions.

MAOIs are used to treat depression. If you are taking MAOI style meds, you should not take foods that contain Monoamines. because the meds actually increase monoamines by blocking their breakdown. So, why not just eat more monoamines instead of taking the meds to treat depression? Some people make too much of the enzyme to break it down or do not consume enough of the aged or pertinent foods. Look at this chart, Kefir is a moderate monoamine which increases positive mood.

www.uptodate.com...

Certain types of inhibitors treat certain foods so knowing what kind of monoamines you want to increase takes a few hours to research.

Too much monoamines can also cause problems too. You can get bad migraines.
edit on 2-1-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ah. Suddenly Asterix and Obelix gets another layer of depth to it as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I am by no means saying these foods are bad for us, having a good attitude is important to everyone. I am just trying to inform you that moderation should be observed because if the foods can't be bought, the enzymes used to process these chemistries in the body are already boosted and that can result in a crash because the boosted enzymes can bring levels of similar body chemistries too low. These food chemistries can alter normal balance of chemicals and lead to our own bodies natural calming and peace promoting chemistries being wiped out till the enzymes lower back down. Basically a withdrawal sickness.

All food is psychoactive, so is no food or too much food. So is plain water if you drink too much, it gets you almost drunk.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The ash-gourd, or winter melon.

Both for desserts and savory (my preference) dishes in cooking:

edit on 3-1-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join