It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complex naval bomb found attached to hull of Iraqi oil tanker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Explosives experts were called in to defuse a naval mine found attached to the hull of an oil tanker as it departed an Iraqi port

Another security source who spoke with Reuters on condition of anonymity said the sea mine is “complicated” and has “sensors that could cause a sudden explosion,” adding that the bomb squad had never handled a device of that kind.

It remains unclear who was behind the apparent mining attempt, with no party taking responsibility. Washington, however, has repeatedly blamed Iran for similar incidents in the past

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif claimed on Thursday that “intelligence from Iraq” suggested that the US was plotting to “fabricate a pretext for war,”

Source

This is interesting... Several explosives have recently been found attached to the hulls of various ships in and around the Persian Gulf. Most recently, a complex bomb was found attached to the hull of an Iraqi oil tanker. Iran is claiming that the US is planning a false flag operation in order to have an excuse for war.
If any ships explode in the next 2 or 3 weeks, it'll be a mighty big coincidence.
Here's a question: Would Iran have any incentive or reason to bomb a ship in the Persian Gulf, aside from simply to claim the US did it?
edit on 1/2/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
That is a mighty simple and homemade looking bomb, that just happens not to work and to be seen for Iraq to report on.
Looks like a private group of people in Iraq have their own agenda, and made this to blame someone.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Inevitably, the ships cause of death would of been. Covid 19

Oh ya. Where is Tiffany Dover?
edit on 2-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: Oh ya. Where is Tiffany Dover?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I predict in the first week of Biden's presidency there will be an international crisis where something like this detonates causing an oil spill and an environmental crisis. The need for dependence on oil will then come front and center and steps will be taken to stifle the needs. In addition, rapid regional tensions in the middle east will require a substantial military resurgence and/or deployment.

Defense contractors and their stake holders throughout congress are itching for some stimulation to the military industrial complex. In addition, to turn the people against petrol they need a crisis folks cannot ignore with dire implications to the environment.

The emerging Boogeymen of 2021 - 2024

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

And then mk3 of the virus will emerge, and the government will declare we all need to start buying all of our groceries from Amazon.

I'm starting to think nobody is going to hang these traitors.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is one time I'm inclined to agree with Iran. Under Trump, there has been no war.

Under the person-who-shall-remain-nameless, I predicted after the election we'd be back at war sometime during 2021 to fuel our armaments industry and provide cover for the Department of Dirty Tricks aka the C👁️A.

If the dementia patient is inaugurated, prepare to send your sons and daughters, husbands and wives back in harm's way. "Traditional" politicians don't give a sh*t about them.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I like how the other ship is like 3-6 inches from the mine that attached to the one and it's moving in relationship to the other ship.... Inches from going boom?!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
How did they find it? Are they doing hull inspection before every departure?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

I do know that divers will inspect hulls, rudders, and propellers for damage. Maybe that's how it was found.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Probably after an unload, it was probably below the waterline when loaded.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Probably after an unload, it was probably below the waterline when loaded.

That makes sense. 👍

top topics

join