It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A war between two commanders in Turkey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Recently Russia and Turkey have been creating military ties. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that Moscow and Ankara's military cooperation would not be deterred by US sanctions on Turkey for acquiring a Russian missile defence systems. www.spacewar.com...

Now Turkey is making deals with NATO. Turkey will take over the responsibility from Poland on Jan. 1, a NATO statement said.www.spacewar.com...

I am trying to read between the lines here. What say you fellow ATSers? Is there a war between two commanders in Turkey?
edit on 2-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: Edited first paragraph link.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut
"Will lead during 2021". The transfer of responsibility from Poland to Turkey looks like an annual rotation arranged in advance. Allowing it to go ahead perhaps says more about NATO leadership attitudes than about Turkish attitudes.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I added the wrong link to the first paragraph. Here is the link I meant to add. www.spacewar.com... reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So, would it be possible for Turkey to use the VTJF to invade Greek areas of Cyprus onsome pretext?

The VTJF is tasked, for example, to support 'peace operations' , and one of the few times it has been deployed was the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa
So, would it be possible for Turkey to use the VTJF to invade Greek areas of Cyprus onsome pretext?

The VTJF is tasked, for example, to support 'peace operations' , and one of the few times it has been deployed was the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Have not the Swiss called for 24/7 air protection?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa
I woukd have thought that the deployment of the force would be under multilateral political control, supervising the Turkish military leadership. That's my guess, though I don't speak from direct knowledge of the way the force works.

edit on 2-1-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Doxanoxa
I woukd have thought that the deployment of the force would be under multilateral political control, supervising the Turkish military leadership. That's my guess, though I don't speak from direct knowledge of the way the force works.

Sucks, don't it?

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I agree, though I've no direct experience either.

All the same, would it matter?

If, say, Cypus suffered some internal crisis, could NATO intervene? Could a Turkish led VTJF be credible?

If yes, who would stop a Turkish turf grab once they landed?

If no, how would NATO prevent a huffy Turkey moving closer to Russia?

I'd be interested in how, and how farbin advance, such rotations are planned.

new topics

top topics

join