It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Force, Space Command vs BRICS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The US has a new sixth military brach, as we all know,called U.S. Space Force (USSF). In the UK they have announced their own Space Command recently. www.spacewar.com...

BRICS (Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa) is now preparing a "a legally binding tool to prevent an arms race in space" www.spacewar.com...

"BRICS countries want to prepare a legally binding tool to prevent an arms race in space, reads a declaration adopted at the group's 12th summit, which is being held on 17 November in Moscow.

"We emphasise the urgent need to agree on a multilateral legally binding accord that can fill the gap in the international framework regarding space, including an agreement that will prevent countries from deploying weapons, threatening, or using force against objects in outer space", the BRICS group said in a statement.

Last year, the United States created a sixth branch of the military called the Space Force, a decision that was criticised both domestically and abroad. Opponents of the move say it may result in an arms race in space, which may threaten the world."

Interesting times ahead indeed. With the two newly created Space Force and Space Command, BRICS preparing a legally binding tool to prevent an arms race in space.

Is this a new aliies vs axis ww2 scenerio?
edit on 2-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Double
edit on 2-1-2021 by CopeLongCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut

They should call it Bric.

Adding South Africa is akin to putting ketchup on steak.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

First, we can discount the UK's contribution. It's never had much of a space programme and is now led by a professional bulschitter. It wouldn't surprise me if Britain's space command ran out of a PO address with a Geocities website.

If you think I'm joking, last week's final Brexit agreement refers to Mozilla Mail and Netscape. And a Brexit related government issued ferry contract last year had T and C cut from a pizza delivery website.

So, no, it's not Axis v Allies. It's US vs whoever.

Second, it depends on the president. Trump was great at escalation then backing down and claiming the other side blinked first. A more constructive president will find common ground to build on.
edit on 2-1-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

They were going to include Greenland but they couldnt make the accronym work.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't really say that it's a new branch. It's going to operate under the Air Force. It's not even that selective to enlist, and the only degree one would need to be commissioned as an officer is an electrical or mechanical engineering degree.

Heck they may as well have named it the Cyber Space Force.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

First, we can discount the UK's contribution. It's never had much of a space programme and is now led by a professional bulschitter. It wouldn't surprise me if Britain's space command ran out of a PO address with a Geocities website.

If you think I'm joking, last week's final Brexit agreement refers to Mozilla Mail and Netscape. And a Brexit related government issued ferry contract last year had T and C cut from a pizza delivery website.

So, no, it's not Axis v Allies. It's US vs whoever.

Second, it depends on the president. Trump was great at escalation then backing down and claiming the other side blinked first. A more constructive president will find common ground to build on.

And... there it is. Trump, Trump, Trump, blah, blah, blah....

Lets stay on point please.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The mere fact that this is a military branch pretty much tells us all we need to know, doesn't it? Me? I kind of like the NASA setup, where all the militaries plus civilians from all nations pool knowledge and expertise in cooperation with each other.

As to the allies v axis? Well that sort of goes to my point, doesn't it. Humans will disagree with and fight with and annihilate other humans until there's either no one left on earth or disclosure comes.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

The mere fact that this is a military branch pretty much tells us all we need to know, doesn't it? Me? I kind of like the NASA setup, where all the militaries plus civilians from all nations pool knowledge and expertise in cooperation with each other.

As to the allies v axis? Well that sort of goes to my point, doesn't it. Humans will disagree with and fight with and annihilate other humans until there's either no one left on earth or disclosure comes.

Those creepy instances where you're reading an fiction novel.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

It's operating under the Air Force for now. Eventually it will be a separate force, falling under the Department of the Space Force. It's much easier to split them off under the Air Force than to try to create something new from scratch.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Air Force, I believe, already had a Space Command. Since 1982.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Which was two of the reasons that they were chosen to oversee the new organization. All the services have a Space Command, but the AF had the largest. Space had also become a secondary mission and was largely being ignored.
edit on 1/2/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It'll probably be another 100 years until that happens lmao

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I think they put a time limit on it in the NDAA so that doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oi vey...

No more weaponization of space than has already been occuring, consolidating personel will allow more tech and man hours to be used for its current primary purpose. (hint it aint weaponiation of space)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Russian ASAT weapons

Chinese ASAT
edit on 1/2/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The USA, is still the greatest Nation on the Planet. We need to dominate, or face inferiority and starvation, at the hands of Nations full of spies who siphoned off of our accomplishments, only to Villify us for their Ill-Begotten gains...

top topics

join