It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As some of you may know I'm from Tennessee. To be more specific I was born and raised on the outskirts of Murfreesboro. The more and more that people move here the #tier traffic gets. So, much so that it is now number fourteen in Insurify's "Most Dangerous Cities to Drive In."

Some other's that make the list are some cities that I've lived in or spent enough time in to have an opinion that I also think are just as #ty are all of the Virginia cities located. I hate Virginia, and I'd rather not ever step foot back in that state. At least not anywhere near a military base

If you're from Virginia or have ever been stationed in Virginia I know you know which cities are on that lists lmao.

insurify.com...
edit on Fri Jan 1 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: Removed symbols in title

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Dude traffic sux. Good thread.
a reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Not a fan of Newport News and Norfolk?

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I live in a small city in Indiana these people are the worst drivers I have ever been around.

I have driven in many different cities and states dad is from Tennessee mom from georgia.

Martinsville indiana has the worst drivers they drive 15-20 in a 30 mph zone I witness at least 3 people a day run stop signs. Others drive like they own the road.

I got passed doing 35 in a 30 by a dude in a truck he ran a stop sign then t-boned an old woman and tried to drive away.

Witnessed an elderly woman turn on her right turn signal and get in the turn lane then she immediately just cuts it hard left to do a turn into oncoming traffic and a motorcyclist went right over her hood and landed in the ditch.

I kinda miss living in indianapolis at this point.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ohh jeez, Murfreesburhole traffic is indeed crap. Im glad I got my license and learned how to drive there. It heightened my senses to the point of super hero driving status. That was 20 years ago. I can only imagine how bad it is now.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I miss driving in Wyoming, where I learned to drive.

Yes, not many trucks/cars there, but it's the state with the highest single vehicle fatalities. You either learn to drive...or you DIE!

Works out really well!

Hit "black ice" at 85 mph in a 30 mph crosswind , and you better know what you're doing!! Else you're going to get an early appointment with the Dirt-Nap Doctor! There, people just shoot off the road and disappear into the darkness...forever. You keep going, or else! Oh, and brakes are the absolute WORST option!!!!! Especially with a heavy semi-trailer behind you with 80,000 lbs of oil rig equipment on it. Sometimes we'd just close our eyes, let off the throttle, steer straight and brace for impact. Nothing else you could do really.

Anyway, it cleaned out a lot of the bad drivers pretty quick!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I had a guy tell me one time it takes him like 4 hours to drive to work in southern California. I can't even comprehend that! In 4 hours I could be two states away from here, maybe 3. He only lived like 45 miles from L.A. Incomprehensible! Screw THAT!!

I don't know if it's true, but I've had others tell me about the crazy traffic on freeways like the infamous I-5 and others.

I'll never live there! Ever!

ETA- Edit...I'll never live there UNLESS, I am homeless, destitute and a drug addict looking for a place to crash in between my free heroin injections, free money, free food, free needles, and my defecating in the streets. Then, I will be GLAD to live there! I will head straight there then!!
edit on 1/1/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not a fan of Newport News and Norfolk?

Hell no. Not one bit.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Jeez man. Yeah, I've seen my fair share of meat puddles on the road from motorcyclists get hit by cars and vice versa. It's never a good thing to see.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

Ohh jeez, Murfreesburhole traffic is indeed crap. Im glad I got my license and learned how to drive there. It heightened my senses to the point of super hero driving status. That was 20 years ago. I can only imagine how bad it is now.

I feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot...I will also need a unending supply of Double-Double, Animal Style, Cheeseburgers form In-N-Out!!

Sorry!

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Hell no. Not one bit.

I should see if I can find my old man's photos from the 80s when he was working with the DoD and Navy on the Iowa Class recommissionings. It was family vacay but work for him.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When we were building Denver International Airport way back in the 90's there used to be 35,000 people who came to work every morning. There were two entrance gates, and everyone's credentials had to be checked. We would have to show up anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half early to make it through the gate before starting time. Didn't matter who you where. Everyone waited in the same lines. The lines were miles long, every morning. You could show up 3-4 hours early and the lines would still be 30-40 minutes long.

Towards the end, I just started sleeping in my office. The lines were just too crazy to hit the ground running with meetings at 6am. For weeks I did that, until the airport opened. We even built showers in our trailers just to be able to bathe and not stink.

My worst nightmare is red brake lights as far as you can see!!! Just the worst! (one of the reasons I hate lines so much).

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Oh, I can definitely relate! I was stationed in Norfolk VA for almost four years. Between that city, Virginia Beach, and Newport News, the traffic was horrific. I'd seriously rather drive in Chicago than anywhere in Virginia. Another place where traffic is a nightmare is Green Bay WI right after a Packer game. I used to drill up there when I was in the Navy Reserves, and on Sundays when the team was in town, it was total pandemonium. I'd get done with drill and that was usually when the game was letting out. If the Packers lost it was especially bad. Nobody would let me in trying to get on I-41 to go back home. Good times.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I think you guys are gettin Illinois transplants, good luck your traffic will only get worse!

top topics

join