It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to help you understand the Trump thing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
As I watched a few older action movies the other day, I noticed Morgan Freeman being the president in two of them. I realize he is an actor, but his acting was very "presidential". This won't be a long winded rant, but I would like you to think about this before you go on an "orange man bad' tantrum.

If Morgan Freeman was the president, but he did all the things Trump did, (less the stupid tweets and outbursts) he would be the greatest president that ever served. The accomplishments and accolades would be amazing. Other nations would praise the US, the MSM would praise the president for such wonderful progress, Hollywood would gush patriotism.

I firmly believe that is true, and the only thing that changed with that scenario and reality, is the face and demeanor of the president. The actions and accomplishments didn't change at all. But the end result would have been massively different.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So..if Trump looked and acted like Obama then?

You might be right, although I never really had that much of a problem with Trump (despite popular opinion), I’ve just always had a problem with the YUGE pedestal he was placed on.

Morgan Freeman also makes a great god

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Would morgan Freeman praise the north korean leader?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Huh, was you drinking also while watching these movies

You think an actor in a made up role working from a well crafted script did a good job, well thats suprising

I doubt any actor has half of the abilities they are percieved to have when on screen

I think it was summed up best by Eddie Murphy many years ago

"You put me in a movie where i am the star and I'll kick your ass" from his RAW stand up, I can only find this short clip though

You put me in a movie where I'm the star, I'll kick your ass.

No disrespect to Morgan but he is merely an actor and you were under his acting charms, it bears no resemblence to the real world, if you wish to believe that in your alternate world praise would be heaped on him then enjoy those beliefs, but I am not sure you can claim they are "true".

Maybe if Trump did as you say "less stupid tweets and outbursts" he would be considered the greatest POTUS, i guess we will never know.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

"All the things that Trump did."

Let's take an objective look at that.

He issued some EOs that reversed some Obama era policies that made little difference to anything.

He got us out of NAFTA and the Paris Climate Accords (loved by some, hated by others.)

Obstructed justice by interfering in the Mueller Investigation.

Increased the extra-Constitutional authority of the Office, much as Obama, Bush, Clinton and many of the rest.

Claimed that he had turned around the economy in the first month of his Administration, when every measure in the economy was on the same trendline it had been for the last six years.

Claimed that he had completely rebuilt the military in his first year, claimed that the troops didn't even have bullets when he took office.

Massively increased the separations of families from their children at the US southern border.

Split the US away from traditional allies like the UK, the European Union and NATO.

Praised our enemies like Putin, Kim etc. Suggested we have a joint "cybersecurity" force with Russia while they were hacking our systems under his nose.

Cost the American economy by indulging in an unnecessary trade war with China.

Endorsed the "One China" policy.

Etc.

If President Morgan Freeman had done all those things, I would feel exactly the same way I do now, except that I would probably have enjoyed the speeches more. Trump is a bit nasally.

edit on 31-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Duh..Two words: Ronald Reagan. The movie star. President.
edit on 31-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

He issued some EOs that reversed some Obama era policies that made little difference to anything.

He got us out of NAFTA and the Paris Climate Accords (loved by some, hated by others.)

Increased the extra-Constitutional authority of the Office, much as Obama, Bush, Clinton and many of the rest.

Claimed that he had turned around the economy in the first month of his Administration, when every measure in the economy was on the same trendline it had been for the last six years.

Claimed that he had completely rebuilt the military in his first year, claimed that the troops didn't even have bullets when he took office.

Massively increased the separations of families from their children at the US southern border.

Split the US away from traditional allies like the UK, the European Union and NATO.

Praised our enemies like Putin, Kim etc. Suggested we have a joint "cybersecurity" force with Russia while they were hacking our systems under his nose.

Etc.

If President Morgan Freeman had done all those things, I would feel exactly the same way I do now, except that I would probably have enjoyed the speeches more. Trump is a bit nasally.

and that is why you likely won't understand any of this. You are laser focused on what he said, not what he did. But you do you.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

If you cut him a check he'll praise whatever you want.

He literally says the stuff people pay him to say, like as a profession.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Let's look at that. North Korea, a country with a leader who is a tyrant, and laughed at around the world. Sadly, it's also a country that could do lots of damage if their leader decided to be as stupid as the world thinks he is.

Trump engaged him, and treated him as a leader of a nation instead of laughing at him. In doing so, North Korea didn't do anything stupid and try to kill people for the 4 years Trump was in office. What did that cost us? not much. What did that save us? Possibly lots of lives.

But laugh at him for trying hard to keep peace. It's obvious that you would rather have war, and likely haven't a clue what war entails.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Or better yet, if you REALLY want to understand the 'Trump Thing' watch a documentary on the Church of Scientology or Charles Manson.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Maybe if Trump did as you say "less stupid tweets and outbursts" he would be considered the greatest POTUS, i guess we will never know.

At least someone understands the OP.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Or better yet, if you REALLY want to understand the 'Trump Thing' watch a documentary on the Church of Scientology or Charles Manson.
YES! and then look at how easily led the "resistance" is and how cult like they are in their "orange man bad" actions.

Great post!

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Peter O'Toole made a great " Lawrence Of Arabia "

It's what actors do.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So..if Trump looked and acted like Obama then?

You might be right, although I never really had that much of a problem with Trump (despite popular opinion), I’ve just always had a problem with the YUGE pedestal he was placed on.

Morgan Freeman also makes a great god

And that pedestal was created by the haters. Newton's third law and all. Maybe that was by design, or maybe folks really are that damn stupid. But I know quite a few of us know exactly who and what Trump is, and spend most of the time defending lies, rather than discussing facts.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Apparently a lot of folks didn't want the swamp drained.
Maybe Trump pissed off the TBTB? Mabye it was all a sharade? Maybe its all been a script? Maybe even all the negative press was all planned and intentional to trash Trump, to diminish Trump in the eyes of the public and make way for Biden?

I'm not sure but the way things are today are a far cry from what we heard on inauguration day.

Here are a few lines from Trumps 2016 Inauguration day speech that stood out that day to me.

-------------

– but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People.

For too long, a small group in our nation’s Capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost.

Washington flourished – but the people did not share in its wealth.

Politicians prospered – but the jobs left, and the factories closed.

The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country.

Their victories have not been your victories; their triumphs have not been your triumphs; and while they celebrated in our nation’s Capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.

That all changes – starting right here, and right now, because this moment is your moment: it belongs to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I don't understand it because I disagree with your post.

It's not the mouth, it's the words that come out.

You posed your thread as an appeal to folks you think just dont' get it.

We get it. You can't imagine that anyone rationally disagrees with your own beliefs.

When anyone disagrees you disingenuously try to mischaracterize their argument.

SSDD.
edit on 31-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Peter O'Toole made a great " Lawrence Of Arabia "

It's what actors do.

Exactly. And my point is, if Trump was seen as a phony actor playing a part, said all the right things on camera, and didn't say all the wrong things on twitter, and wasn't orange, his actions would be viewed as great, rather than how downplayed they are. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

We get it. You can't imagine that anyone rationally disagrees with your own beliefs.

Obtuse is the best thing I can think of when I read this. Purposely not getting it. But it's your MO, why change.

ETA: I know you are smart enough to understand this and you are just playing your part, but I'll go ahead and play along.
The OP is referencing the appearance rather than the substance part of Trump. As with your previous post, you are more concerned with how things look than how they are. Things Trump said, not things Trump did. I think we all know he's abrasive and says dumb things. With this OP, I was trying to make people like you think about how you would view the Trump presidency if he was a different person, with a different demeanor, and no stupid gaffes. But that's not you, that's not how you roll. You feel you win by degrading others. Go you!

edit on 31-12-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Etc.

You lost me at "Let's take an objective look..."
I've said in other posts that Trump himself could cure cancer and the headlines would spin it and say he put tens of thousands of healthcare workers out of a job.

You may not like the guy and some of his methods, but I'd much rather have a POTUS who fights and cares for the American people rather than catering to allies and global interests. Let's worry about our own house and not what the neighbors are doing.

Someone should take your same objective look at what Biden has accomplished over 47 years in politics.
edit on 31-12-2020 by peter_kandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Obtuse is the best thing I can think of when I read this. Purposely not getting it. But it's your MO, why change.

Yep, no argument so you immediately go to insults.

Ad hom is a clear indicator you don't have an argument.

/shrug

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join