It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock downs cause Covid increases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Trumps tyranny?

Trump's declaring specific businesses closed?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yep, he’s specifically targeting Democrat owned businesses

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Posted this before but its pretty good for the situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

We're supposed to be able to trust our political leaders.

Never have! Not that it's been an advantage other than not being blind sided now.

ATS is buzzing with truth threads all of a sudden.
edit on 31-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Because borders ease and then infected people travel in from other places.

Quite simple really.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The entire situation is asinine.

The Covid numbers are false.

Bad decisions based on bad data.

Yes, our government should fear us.

edit on 31-12-2020 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

In other words, they didn't work.

Unless you know, you want everyone locked down indefinitely. I guess that could work too. But then again, you're just delaying the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

They’re not going to work if people don’t use their brain.

It’s pretty simple, social distancing, wash your damn hands and if you think you’re infected, self quarantine.

But hey, it’s easy for me to say, my life has barely been affected at all due to COVID...

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yea, I agree with you about people using their brains. Some pretty simple steps to protect yourself. I just don't agree with the gov murdering of the economy to the point where we are spending billions on "stimulus". I haven't been affected much either. Been to work every day since the beginning. However, there are a lot of people who aren't so fortunate.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Only time will tell i sopose but they will have to make there end game play soon from where I'm standing most people are pissed

This whole damn election debacle. And even Donald Trumps role in it
are just a carefully planned DISTRACTION from what the bankers
are doing. Rolling out the mark of the beast and total control technology.
That's why Trump was here all along. That's why warp speed. We've been
F#$%@d all they way thru. I want nothing to do with this world.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I completely agree with you DB.
Of course, the increase in cases will be blamed on people getting together and socializing for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and everything else under the sun...except the crowded big box stores.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

the other day A member here wrote a thread explaining who needs to be locked down, and amazingly, it's not the masses, it's the sick folks. While that thread was meant to arrogantly show how dumb the plebes are, it actually highlighted what our founders did, and showed how it worked. During a smallpox epidemic, they quarantined the sick folks. Moved them away from the non sick folk. hell of an idea.

And I don't think they shut down small businesses and made everyone shop at "Ye Old Big Box" store.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: dug88

Just about everywhere where people have to queue up here, there’s crosses or spots taped onto the floor to help with distancing.

Sounds like that store needs a bit of a refresher.

So, you stand on a red spot on the floor in a long line.
The person standing on the spot in front of you, wearing the ill-fitting mask or handkerchief moves ahead to the next spot... you immediately move to the spot that he occupied only seconds before.
You are standing in a cloud of the unfiltered exhalations that leaked out of that person's shoddy mask. Repeat for as many spots are on the floor for the length of the line.
Keep in mind the the only mask specification in the US state where I live is that is made of a woven material and covers the mouth and nose of the wearer. It can be made of fishnet.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A little more info / 1st hand observations from Cali. We’ve been hearing that Central CA ( where we live ) and Southern CA is being hit hard with out of control “ Rona “ cases and the hospitals are overwhelmed. Yesterday I went to the hospital to drop off a goodie bag for friend in the hospital ( no visitors allowed ). This is the 1st time I had to go to the hospital since early summer with my Dad. Back in early summer they had these big white COVID tents out front ( not being used that I could see ) and had armed guards at the entrance screening you prior to going in and being screened again with questions, temp check and hand sanitizer before even entering main lobby, the place was like a ghost town compared to past visits.

Yesterday, no more tents, no armed guard at entrance, walked into table where someone was guiding visitors to front desk, I never even had to talk to that person, lady at front desk calls me over, no temp check, questions, she even called upstairs to see if they would allow my friend a visitor, he was having tests done or else I think they might have let me go up to his room. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the Holidays, very mellow environment, lol, might even say it looked to me that things were quite under control !

After that went to the grocery store, pretty busy, people’s carts appeared to be filled with New Years Party goodies, about 80% mask compliance, no one bothered me for not wearing a mask.

Last stop gas station, the clerk, who I’m friendly with is wearing a mask on his chin, I joke with him about the stupid masks, another man, no mask, chimes in and says “ I’m Done with this Sh!t ! “ My theory is that us Cali folks are not being good enough little slaves, so they are ramping up the fear. Cavin’s days are numbered, big bucks coming in from Orange County to further recall effort of that hypocritical scum-bag !
edit on 31-12-2020 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Demoralization. Elections are blatantly rigged, so the leaders and lawmakers are entrenched. Then you get the population to go against the enforcers of said laws: the cops. Got that in spades over the summer, so now anyone looking to go into LE is demoralized. Critical race theory has turned the social order upside down, so white people are all bad; it's the age of the Black Uprising now, what with the AP standards changing so Black is always capitalized and white isn't. The frog has been boiling and it's too late to jump out of the pot.

Demoralization.

I was ranked #1 in testing for a city job. Did not get said city job; actually worked for the firm that did the testing for city jobs in the past (i.e. cops). Great resume, many years of experience. Wrong color (Democrat city, large minority population).

Yep, I am demoralized. Completely. Why even try to work when that's all you'll have? Can't use the money to go out with friends or have any fun - just work to survive and feel even LUCKIER that we can do even that?

Demoralization. I believe Uncle Yuri told us all about that years ago.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You are standing in a cloud of the unfiltered exhalations that leaked out of that person's shoddy mask. Repeat for as many spots are on the floor for the length of the line.

Yikes and people say the government is over doing the scare tactics.

Surely you’re joking?

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
75% of COVID cases are family transmission. Keeping people locked inside their homes makes them vulnerable to that.

Instead we target places like restaurants and bars which have a case trace rate under 2% almost everywhere.

It makes zero sense at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Surely you’re joking?

Then WTF are the masks for? If you have a slight gap at the edge of a mask, the exhaled air goes through the path of least resistance.... not through the mask itself.
You think that the red spots on the floor help?
I just showed you how the red spots can facilitate the spread of the virus.
edit on b000000312020-12-31T08:12:34-06:0008America/ChicagoThu, 31 Dec 2020 08:12:34 -0600800000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh well, just do nothing then.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They’re not going to work if people don’t use their brain.

It’s pretty simple, social distancing, wash your damn hands and if you think you’re infected, self quarantine.

But hey, it’s easy for me to say, my life has barely been affected at all due to COVID...

Oh, so you're saying you didn't need to lock down then?

Social distancing does not require a lock down.

Washing hands does not require a lock down.

And a self quarantine only requires a lock down of you personally if you think you're ill or were exposed to someone who was, not a forcible lock down of everyone and everything, ill or not, exposed or not.

Huh, I can't even see where any of this requires masks either, honestly.

But it's good to know your beliefs align with my husband's and he's a microbiologist who has worked with way worse organisms than this one for years. He doesn't see the real need for lock downs or masks either, just the measures you outline. Of course, he doesn't think it's our job or the government's to attempt to save others from their own stupidity by trying to force them to take the measures mentioned beyond general aggressive education campaigns.

Give people the information they need and leave it up to them to be smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join