It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Scam': GOP Rep Blasts Trump Campaign Fundraising Emails as a 'Big Grift'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And so it begins. Republicans are starting to speak out, and this is just the beginnings of a rift.

Republican Representative Adam Kinzinger called out President Donald Trump's campaign fundraiser emails on Wednesday.

"Where I feel really bad is just the people that are, you know, struggling during the pandemic are giving President Trump's campaign money for this recount because they believe him, said Kinzinger during an interview with CNN's New Day.

"And it's just a scam it's a big grift," Kinzinger added. "Hard-working taxpayers are giving their money to this because they are convinced because the president's telling them that they can win."

Source

I mean what, the President and his allies have sent a total of 554 fundraising emails since the night of the election, and they continue to roll in despite the futility of any challange at this point.

The President raised something like a total $200 million from 2019 onwards for his 2020 run and then all of sudden what? Reports that his campaign is bleeding money weeks before election day?

Reports of Jared Kushner funnelling millions from campaign fundraising sources into shell companies.

Trump's fine print stating fundraising money would not necessarily be dedicated to fighting fraud, instead paying debt.

It stinks, and people are beginning to wake up.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How bout that fat raise the democrats gave themselves in stimulus bill, though?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Is Trump violating the law or is this yet another thing that all politicians do but Trump gets dragged through the coals over?

How much did you get tricked into donating?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This is no secret. It's in the small print of DonaldJTrump.com:

"By donating through this page, you agree that your contribution to DJTFP will be allocated as follows (Multicandidate PAC amounts in parentheses):

50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s 2020 general election account for general election debt retirement until such debt is retired. 50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s Recount Account. Any amount that exceeds the applicable contribution limit for 2020 general election debt retirement, including any amounts donated to DJTFP after such debt has been retired, will be designated in full toward DJFTP’s Recount Account, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000).

Donations to DJTFP’s Recount Account will be used solely in connection with any post-election recounts and election contests and not for the purpose of influencing any federal election"

The GOP are in on it as well:

"Contributions to TMAGAC made by an Individual/Federal Multicandidate Political Committee will be allocated according to the following formula:

75% of each contribution first to Save America, up to $5,000/$5,000, then to DJTP’s Recount Account, up to a maximum of $2,800/$5,000.

25% of each contribution to the RNC’s Operating account, up to a maximum of $35,500/$15,000.

Any additional funds will go to the RNC for deposit in the RNC’s Legal Proceedings account or Headquarters account, up to a maximum of $213,000/$90,000."

And then there's all the PACs and campaigns like StopTheSteal with no transparency at all.

Grifters gotta grift.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Anybody know who is getting the donations that go to Black Lives Matter?

I wonder who gets those funds.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Why? Does BLM funding make The Dear Leader any less of a grifter?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I honestly think anyone who donates money to ANY politician needs their head testing, we pay tax to the goverment, they aint getting another £ from me.

They get enough from me already when i put a X next to their name, not a single one is worth me going to work for and then freely giving them money for whatever reasons they state.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
How bout that fat raise the democrats gave themselves in stimulus bill, though?
Not conducive to the OPs MO, it has to be Anti Trump at all cost, otherwise, it isn’t thread worthy in its eyes.

That’s the problem with these kinds of OPs, they assume we want to consume this irrelevant information designed solely to appeal to one ideological side.

It’s actually pretty bad writing and journalism as a whole is completely disregarded in favor of the edgy hyper partisan hit pieces that simpletons across the inter webs can quickly conjure up because nothing beats those clicks when it comes to Trump news.

What stinks is the election and the vast majority of people aren’t accepting it, that’s the real wake up call.

What’s funny is the OP’s issues on Trump fundraising when clearly all Antifa and BLM sites rerouted to Biden’s campaign, lmfao.

Truth is, it’s all about the message and Biden is so widely disliked it reflects in all strata of Social Media to the point of saturation that censors and edits can’t keep up. The message and point being that Biden is irrelevant and that a significant portion of the electorate are now strong Trump supporters, MILLIONS of them. I donated, very well knowing otherwise, but I did it anyways 🤭

At this point, do we honestly care about the drivel you post?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Is there a more honest way to fight the scum we have in government?

I guess he could call some billionaire friends to help out, who would want no favors in return. Like Soros.

Or how about another free country helping out, like the Ukraine. Or China.

But, I think those examples have their hands full with another scum bag trying to keep him breathing and not answering questions for another few months.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Most of the recent emails I've gotten are from the idiot Mitch McConnell asking for help so they don't lose the Senate.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

I guess he could call some billionaire friends to help out, who would want no favors in return. Like Soros.

But, I think those examples have their hands full with another scum bag trying to keep him breathing and not answering questions for another few months.

At least he's asking for it instead of robbing you for it through a covid "relief" bill like the left. ACTUALLY ROBBING YOU.
I figure Trump's pretty smart, you know? He's a good poker player. He figures if you're dumb enough to click the link and donate you probably don't deserve to have enough money to donate in the first place.
You always take the suckers money. At least he doesn't use "Social Justice" to further his financial gains or rewrite rules like Pelosi to stay in office.

edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago3604699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

You're right.

Taking money from ordinary working men and women who don't realise they have donate over $6000 before a penny goes towards the fighting fund is the decent and honest thing to do. Using most of their money to pay off his debts is far more honorable than paying them off himself.
edit on 30-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

Most of the recent emails I've gotten are from the idiot Mitch McConnell asking for help so they don't lose the Senate.

Read the small print above. At least a donation to the GOP doesn't go to pay Trump's debts.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
All that's left now is a full blown Democrat/NWO takeover 🚨

RINOs getting bought off a dime a dozen 🚨

Prepare quickly because they will be moving at lightning speed 🚨

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Why? Does BLM funding make The Dear Leader any less of a grifter?

I'm just asking questions. How many recounts is Biden paying for?

Biden campaign seems to link here to ActBlue

$142,000/$60,000 the DNC, $2,800/$5,000 to the Biden for President Recount Account, and any additional funds to the DNC, subject to applicable contribution limits.

Interesting. BLM has their own landing page on ActBlue.

I wonder if anybody knows how the rules apply to donating for campaigns vs "charity". Is there a name for taking money from one source, moving it around, then donating clean funds to another source?

Lumgry? Londle? Wait, LAUNDER, that's the word.
edit on 12/30/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typos

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Deflect and distract are the words.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Deflect and distract are the words.

I'm just pointing out the obvious.

This isn't outside the norm for politicians.

I'm just surprised you and Aesop are just learning about this whole concept of never stop campaigning and fine print.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm just surprised you and Aesop are just learning about this whole concept of never stop campaigning and fine print.

Can't argue with the first part of your reply.

But this isn't about campaigning - this is about a very rich man getting ordinary people to pay his debts.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Can't argue with the first part of your reply.

But this isn't about campaigning - this is about a very rich man getting ordinary people to pay his debts.

How many recounts is Biden paying for? His donation fund is called Biden for President Recount Account.

Where do you suppose that money goes if he doesn't pay for recounts?

Does he send it back and pay his campaign debts out of pocket?

Keep in mind here Biden raised more money than any candidate in history. Over 1 billion dollars, no real campaign events, and still asking for money for imaginary recounts?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Deflect and distract.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join