It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroying the Argument that Lockdowns are Against the Constitution via Jim Jordan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Oh wow, just like the Bible, Republicans seem to know very little about the history and the documents they claim to believe in so much. I suppose Washington was just a Deep State plant meant to make Trump look bad.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

But smallpox was actually a scary deadly disease with real negative consequence for both young and old.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

In 18th-century Europe, it is estimated that 400,000 people died from the disease per year, and that one-third of all cases of blindness were due to smallpox.[10][14] Smallpox is estimated to have killed up to 300 million people in the 20th century[15][16] and around 500 million people in the last 100 years of its existence

Smallpox killed 5 million people per year in the last 100 years of its existence.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I believe that's a bit of a false equivalence if I ever seen one.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

But smallpox was actually a scary deadly disease with real negative consequence for both young and old.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

In 18th-century Europe, it is estimated that 400,000 people died from the disease per year, and that one-third of all cases of blindness were due to smallpox.[10][14] Smallpox is estimated to have killed up to 300 million people in the 20th century[15][16] and around 500 million people in the last 100 years of its existence

Smallpox killed 5 million people per year in the last 100 years of its existence.

Thank goodness for the vaccine,eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You're making a different argument. The argument that is constantly made is that lockdowns and quarantines, masks, etc are against the Constitution and what the founders wanted for Americans and freedom itself. Don't move the goal posts.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just because it has been done in the past doesn't mean it was right, then or now.

Even if it were right, Small Pox and Yellow Fever are a whole different ballgame than covid, which pales in comparison.

If lockdowns and masks are so damn effective, then why are the places with the most restrictions since the beginning having the worst problems?

We have been lied to since day one.

Your last statement isn't worth responding to.

edit on 12/30/2020 by Klassified because: redact

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Have they passed a law in Congress relating to lockdowns? If not then lockdowns are probably unconstitutional. Can you provide a link with details of the smallpox lockdowns that were imposed. Quarantine when you're infected is different than a lockdown when you're not infected.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Smallpox was one of the most devastating diseases ever known to humanity.

Covid predominantly kills those already on the way out.

Also, did any of these past government completely shutdown the entire country? I'm going with no.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nothing is against the constitution under certain circumstances.

During war...national disasters and other instances anything in the constitution can be temporarily abandoned.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You have choices, stay in your home, problem solved.

Long live the reeeeeeee!

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
As goofy as it is, this oldie is more relevant than ever.
Freedom of choice - is what you got
Freedom from choice - is what you want

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Washington quarantined the infected and he did not attempt to categorize businesses as essential and nonsessential while dictating which could be open and which had to close. Anyone who attempts to support this horse# happening in 2020 with non-infected people being ordered quarantined via universal stay at home orders and the government picking and choosing what businesses are permitted to continue is a Mother effing clueless retard and has zero business involving themselves in any political discussion. I see a string of such retards quoted in your OP... please be smart enough to not join them.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My God already 😧

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Washington quarantined the infected and he did not attempt to categorize businesses as essential and nonsessential while dictating which could be open and which had to close. Anyone who attempts to support this horse# happening in 2020 with non-infected people being ordered quarantined via universal stay at home orders and the government picking and choosing what businesses are permitted to continue is a Mother effing clueless retard and has zero business involving themselves in any political discussion. I see a string of such retards quoted in your OP... please be smart enough to not join them.

This right here is exactly what I was thinking.

You dont quarantine perfectly healthy people who have a higher than 99% survival rate.

Just think some people are cheering this crap on.
I fortunately live in a red city state we didnt really lockdown as the police dont wear masks and won't enforce any mask policy as the chief said it went against his oath of office.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Damn straight! Louder for those in the back and those who may be a little slower than the rest.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't say this lightly.

My attorney, Joseph Mama, is for the shut-downs also.

Sadly, I must admit, Joe Mama wants the lock-downs, the shut-downs.

Joe Mama is for the authoritarians who don't believe in people making common sense decisions.

Which is strange, because the same deranged leftists (and Joe Mama) who think we're too stupid to make decisions about covid are the same morons who think 16 year olds can vote and 13 year olds can get abortions without parental knowledge.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Quarantine is for the sick.

For deadly disease with high infection and mortality rates.

Even Eletes and Politicians should follow the rules they enact.

Always the same group on here that will argue about taking rights away and enforcing privilege.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
Quarantine is for the sick.

Even Eletes and Politicians should follow the rules they enact.

If it was a valid defense and not a control tactic. they wouldn't be constantly getting busted for violating their decrees.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Comparing Coronavirus to smallpox.

Might as well call a Ford KA a mustang.

This is one hugely big, massive, unbelievably enormous false equivalence.

Also, did they lock EVERYONE down? The whole place, the entire world, YOUR OWN HOUSE!?

Ii doubt it, so let's stop pretending that this is even remotely similar and just an example you think is apt, btw, it isn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In the first and second world wars our countrymen died to uphold our freedom.

In 2020 in the Covid “pandemic” our countrymen hide and give up our freedom so they don’t die.

Welcome to the generation of ungrateful cowards!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join