It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler Stories

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Related, but I'm not sure if some stories I read lately about fairy folk and little people can be considered time travel. In many stories a person hears music or merriment and travels off the path to find it. They are then lost for days, weeks or even years before being found. They claim to have been gone only a short time, but return much later. Some never come back apparently.

Other stories related to people getting trapped in the woods supposedly by the wee folk they never saw. The landscape would change and they would go in circles trying to find a way out. Often there would be something like a cobblestone bridge going nowhere or castle ruin where they disappear.

A localized time warp perhaps?

Interesting!

When I was a kid, I used to go out in the woods behind out house and play, and walk the dog. One day in the middle of winter I heard Harp music out off the trail. Now this was in Alaska in the middle of nowhere, we lived on the edge of BLM land nobody for miles. I almost went to find the sound but the woods were too tick and the snow too deep.

Pukwudgies, that's what they are called down this way. They are tricksters that get you lost and lead you to your death. They are reported as being about 2 feet tall, big ears and nose, can become invisible, shape shift, shoot poison arrows, and cause all kinds of trouble if you catch their attention.

In my experience, and in at least one other story from around here, they sound like kids, talking and playing or it's like some kind of music. The sound leads you into the woods to find them and when you get too far in, they trap you or lead you to your death. They aren't always out to kill you, but you will end up in their time/space and get lost from ours.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

That's very interesting; like they left an imprint that was available at all times in the timeline.

<< 1  2   >>

join