It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler Stories

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi Everybody,

I don't usually make threads here these days , but it's a slow work day and I am working from home this week and watching Back to the Future for the first time in ages.
Wasn't sure where to put this thread, but it could fit in science, metaphysics, or even just paranormal.

I thought we could all share our anecdotal evidence, or even recollections of stories we had read about being coming across supposed time travellers.
What say you?

The one that comes to mind to me, was listening to a Whitley Strieber Dreamland podcast, where he was walking down a street in NYC. All of a sudden the sound seemed to change, he heard a bell, like a hand bell. Next thing he knew he was walking through a ghost version or a time travel version of New York City in the 1800's. There was a pickle truck, an old time fire truck, and people were staring at him like he was a freak.
His body got colder and colder and his steps got slower and slower, and he felt a horrible feeling of 'wrongness' like he wasn't supposed to be there. Then he was on the same street corner in present day.

Any takers?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Which so called Time Traveler told us about events of 2020?

None as far as i am aware. The case for time travel can now be put to bed.

edit on 30-12-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well you're boring aren't you?

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Interesting, I heard a similar story about a older couple that was traveling by car, and suddenly they was in another time, they did give detailed information that was confirmed by a historian.
sadly I cannot find the interview on youtube.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

No, just logical.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for participating; do you recall maybe the country and or time in which it occurred? a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's one word for it. I too am logical.
Nowhere am I positing that time travel is real here, I am merely soliciting for stories.
If you want to be a wet blanket then you needn't have posted. Happy 2021 to you, almost.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's one word for it. I too am logical.
Nowhere am I positing that time travel is real here, I am merely soliciting for stories.
If you want to be a wet blanket then you needn't have posted. Happy 2021 to you, almost.

I have given you a story.

The story is, no self proclaimed time traveler had a clue what would happen in 2020.

The end.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
One time a friend showed me a vintage photo of people in a bar.

In the photo I saw a guy exactly like him when he was in his 30's.

That person was wearing a t-shirt that I remember he had at that age too.

No photoshop or tricks used. He had no explanation neither. My friend was born at least 15 years later than the day the photo was taken. In another country.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Which so called Time Traveler told us about events of 2020?

None as far as i am aware. The case for time travel can now be put to bed.

The John Titor story comes to mind. Among few things he wrote about:

- The US goes through a Civil War period that culminates with the break up of the Union
- If I recall correctly he describes a charismatic President elected that some people describe as better than Lincoln
- He also describes Russia attacking big cities in the US to help those in the rural area win the Civil War
- He mentions Russia going to war with Europe and China
- if I also recall correctly he mentions his favorite color been orange... lol

The main issue with JT writings is the timeline. He describes this event happening in his timeline during 2000-2015 but his states that those events could happen within a few years depending on our timeline.

Many of the original blogs have disappeared but for more info you can read here:

www.paranoiamagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

He describes this event happening in his timeline during 2000-2015

Not a very good time traveler if he can't even remember dates.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very interesting; thank you.

This sometimes opens up the concept of Doppelganger .I saw one I believe in Japan circa 2003 on a subway car.

Either that or I had been so used to seeing Asian faces that all white people looked the same lol.

a reply to: Trueman

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Holy crap that's creepy. But it also COULD be classified as vague.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I remember when the story came out and at the time most people saw him as a fraud. I just started reading up on his story again a few months ago given some of the current events that are happening. Either way I find it to be interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It really is, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I was only a viewer to that Titor stuff after the fact; a few years.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Related, but I'm not sure if some stories I read lately about fairy folk and little people can be considered time travel. In many stories a person hears music or merriment and travels off the path to find it. They are then lost for days, weeks or even years before being found. They claim to have been gone only a short time, but return much later. Some never come back apparently.

Other stories related to people getting trapped in the woods supposedly by the wee folk they never saw. The landscape would change and they would go in circles trying to find a way out. Often there would be something like a cobblestone bridge going nowhere or castle ruin where they disappear.

A localized time warp perhaps?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ironically I am reading a book of Nigel Graddon if I recall the name correctly RE the correspondences between the Fae Folk and UFO's in history. Kind of a sequel to Passport to Magonia, if you will.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If everyone else is apoplectic I am sorry for the harsh terms i am just trying to get some dialogue.

We have all been a bit blindsided brainwashed by those click ad baits 'slideshows' which show timetravellers. The weird stupid one was the one with the guy from a mine with goggles and a cell phone.
Turned out to be something like ...eye protection and a detonator.

Not quite recalling.
Would still love some more participation.

either way, it's all fine.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Back in summer of 1985 I was driving on a rural highway along I-5 and when I got to the stop sign I saw three men walking with long canes with the big curl on top and wearing tan robes that looked like gunny sack cloth. Their hoods were all down and they were all unshaved and long beards. They stared at me and I at them as they walked. I sat there trying to understand why they were dressed that way in hot summer weather. They looked like the three "wise men" in a Christmas play.

I then dismissed it and drove straight continuing along a highway that runs parallel to Interstate 5, but after a few hundred feet I made a total U turn and went back to question those three odd figures, but they totally vanished. There was no where for them to have gone they were walking on a road that went for miles further with no where to turn off.

They were gone.

Haunts me to this day.

They looked like they were from ancient Israel.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

No, just logical.

ats is not about logic. facts are not popular here either. but threads like this can be fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join