It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife wants a new car......ugh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Well, don't get the one she sent you. Also, at this time of year, getting a new 2020 instead of a 2021 will probably get you a better deal.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Lots of opinions.
What some of you need to consider is that not every option is for everyone.

My wife wants a new car.
Not somebody else's leftover.
She will buy the one she wants.
She also has a great job and we can afford that luxury.
She will get rid of said vehicle in three or four years so long term reliability probably will not be a factor.

Hell, I fly first class too.
Yeah, coach is cheaper...
But I don't wanna..

I'm just venting about the hassle.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Considered leasing ? ( I didn't read the entire thread )

I sell / lease Chevrolet / Buick. It's amazing the # of leases that we do every month.

I personally lease my car, mainly because I get bored with them and want something new. However, I also never buy brakes and tires, am always under warranty and drive the newest vehicles.

Currently in the New Chevy Blazer. I love this SUV. Plenty of room, great features and just fun to drive.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You can get the Subaru Forester for about twenty eight out the door, we even got the extended warrantee with it at that price...but we got the basic forester, not the premium which had even more crap you have to turn off when you go for a ride.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Currently in the New Chevy Blazer. I love this SUV. Plenty of room, great features and just fun to drive.

Didn't it go back to Trailblazer? The wife wants this, it looks like a Range Rover.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Kia Niro.

Bought mine for under 25k out the door (Bass model Has everything you need and nothing you don’t want).

Over 50 mpg. Real world.
edit on 30-12-2020 by pianopraze because: Correcting autocorrect

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I lease my company car.
My accountant says it's the way to go for taxes.

Honestly it seems like a racket to me.
Down payment.
Mileage penalties.
Just not worth it.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Kia Niro.

Bought mine for under 25k out the door (Bass model Has everything you need and nothing you don’t want).

Over 50 mpg. Real world.

My dad is a Korean war vet...

He would probably haunt my butt if I bought a korean car.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Yup...
She's looking at a Subaru outback.
$40k
0% for 63 months
$645 a month

Ugh

I don't wanna....

Maybe I can talk her into a Ford escape...
A bargain at $30k

Did you look into any just off-lease? I like Audi's and my wife likes BMW's. There's no way we could afford them new. One off a 2 or 3 year lease is literally about half the original sticker price, and may have 20,000 miles tops and will still be under factory warranty. That original owner paid for the vehicle's depreciation. With a little negotiation, you'll be able to get the dealer to CPO it and/or throw in an extended warranty.

This is good advice.

Especially if you're worried about money...best bang for the buck. No matter the brand...

My advice....

Buy with cash.

edit on 12/30/2020 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: elevatedone

Didn't it go back to Trailblazer? The wife wants this, it looks like a Range Rover.

Here's a link to the new Blazer...

&gclid=CjwKCAiA57D_BRAZEiwAZcfCxS4qbW296AzkV_ 7bRA6p7CdXzUca8FRlTgeMrYCWec9eWPU1YHORlhoCnqAQAvD_BwE]2020 Blazer

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

That's the one she wants.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: MykeNukem

That's the one she wants.

It is sweet. I'm a big SUV guy....still rockin my 03 Escalade lol

But I'll hafta go Crossover when I replace the old girl...I also like the TrailHawk by Jeep....

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Ever owned a Subaru......I have....great cars until.......and then parts are a fortune.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Ever owned a Subaru......I have....great cars until.......and then parts are a fortune.

She usually gets rid of them before she needs parts.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Electric is the future, get one of those.. just get the cheapest you can find.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

i had a outback the worst i've ever owned maybe it was a one off as it was once named car of the year drive a honda rav4 now great car

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So what your telling us is your wife is letting you know a new car might be in the garage don’t touch it. Also learn where the gas tank is so you can properly take it for a car wash and get gas. It’s all good us married guys understand.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

We have two Outbacks. Awesome cars (which is why we have two). One is a 2015, and the other is a 2019. Here is what I would recommend...

Look for a low mileage used pre-2019 model. Reason being, after 2019 the "Eyesight" package is on standard on all Outbacks, and I don't think you can get one without it. If you like Big Brother, then you will like 'Eyesight', but stuff does go wrong with it, and it's all expensive. Plus, and this is important, having your windshield changed turns from a $199 dollar swap to about a $1,500+ dollar swap! The 'Eyesight' package attaches to the windshield, so to replace the windshield it has to be removed (by the dealer), then replaced after the new windshield is in, and then it has to be calibrated again.

We live in the country, so broken windshields are a common thing. Earlier this year we took both cars to Safelite to get the windshields replaced. They looked both the cars over and suggested we consider repairing the '19 windshield rather than replacing because..."You don't even want to know how much this windshield costs to replace! And, those are just our charges; you'll still have to take it to the dealer." The '15 they just swapped out, no problem.

YMMV.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Electric is the future, get one of those.. just get the cheapest you can find.

...until you have to replace the batteries! Then they're not so great anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperDave90

It is an exclusive club....lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join