It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film flam sees covid joke edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My kids like to watch idiots on YouTube. I try to limit their intake, and monitor what they are feeding their brains. The other night they were watching a video from a YouTuber called “flamingo” (also called “film flam”) titled “Roblox game where you can leave disturbing notes...” that caught my attention and I watched it with my girls, because I don’t want them filling their heads with what I think of as “disturbing notes”.

Well, it was nothing really. Just a video about a game where users can leave personalized notes.

However, there was something that caught my attention- the youtuber attempted to leave a funny note about Covid- saying something along the lines of “the year is 2021 and covid 30 has been discovered...” but the game wouldn’t allow him to use the word “covid”, nor would it allow “corona”. Eventually he settled on “a new disease”, which was allowed.

I find that disturbing. Why is it being scrubbed? Not only are dissenting opinions regarding the virus being shut down, but mentioning it too?

On a tangential note- you know how the grand myths/legends/stories which many ancient cultures have are generally accepted as fiction? But some people think there are kernels of truth in them, and the academics say “if something like that happened, that civilization would have recorded it!”.
Maybe, or maybe their overlords prohibited them from recording it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Here’s the link for the video, skip to 5:20 to see for yourself.

Also- I’ve been home with my 4 kids for a week with covid, and I’ve resorted to posting about idiotic you tubers and the conspiratorial things I notice- but remember, 4 kids+a week (with more to go)= mushy brain.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Sooooo, you monitor what your kids watch on youtube in order to prevent them from seeing "disturbing notes", then wonder why a kids game prevents people from leaving "disturbing notes" about what many perceive as a "disturbing" topic??

I honestly don't see anything wrong here. Though I'm sure many people of all ages play Roblox, most of the people I know who do are young kids, so it only makes sense that a game company would filter what people can do and say, y'know, for the children.

I'm sure many people would leave really messed up notes with hopes to disturb someone, so it only makes sense covid would be among that filter. Sure, it's technically censorship, but for a game mainly played by kids I bet most parents are ok with that.

If you think blocking the word covid is disturbing, just imagine what things would be left without any sort of filter. XD
edit on 30-12-2020 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Don’t be a jerk.

I watched the video because I was expecting truly disturbing notes. Things that I find inappropriate. Which, thankfully, wasn’t present in what I saw.

I don’t find the mention of “covid” to be inappropriate. It’s kinda what we’re all living in. Is a mention of it too “triggering”?

And yes, I do monitor what my kids watch/listen to/read.
edit on 30-12-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You're worried about what they "put in their head" while sharing covid with them?

Sounds like a nice fun family gathering...

Instead of "Netflix and chill"... Of course 2020 has its own variation... roblox YouTubers and covid...

I'd hate to see what your family is snacking on... based on your batting average you aren't allowing them coca-cola because it's bad for their teeth but regularly share rounds of chernobyl flavored Jones town Cherry-aid to wash down scrumptious gluten-free whole wheat paint chips.

It's one of those... Look long enough into the abyss and it looks back at you type deal. Nietzsche, you should read him sometime.

Look long enough for "disturbing notes" and you might actually find them.... on your very own ATS posts. :/

edit on 30-12-2020 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2020 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

What a pleasant person you must be!

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Censorship is okay now that the left is in charge.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Censorship is okay now that the left is in charge.

I hate that many of those on the left actually feel this way.

Maybe I should run for potus next round...
Primary goal- ban censorship!

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Sooooo, you monitor what your kids watch on youtube in order to prevent them from seeing "disturbing notes", then wonder why a kids game prevents people from leaving "disturbing notes" about what many perceive as a "disturbing" topic??

I honestly don't see anything wrong here. Though I'm sure many people of all ages play Roblox, most of the people I know who do are young kids, so it only makes sense that a game company would filter what people can do and say, y'know, for the children.

I'm sure many people would leave really messed up notes with hopes to disturb someone, so it only makes sense covid would be among that filter. Sure, it's technically censorship, but for a game mainly played by kids I bet most parents are ok with that.

If you think blocking the word covid is disturbing, just imagine what things would be left without any sort of filter. XD

I think “nuclear war” is a bit more disturbing than “covid”.

Yet covid was edited and nuclear war was not.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Your doing better than me. I can’t tell you the stuff I hear out of my kids phones, but 19 and 16 year olds are a bit different. But... the stuff they find does make us all laugh I guess.

I would agree that nuclear is more disturbing than COVID, so why would they edit one but not the other.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Pfff stock standard these days.
I couldn’t name my horse ‘Adolf’ in Red dead redemption 2.
Apparently Adolf is profanity..

new topics

top topics

join