It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did The Truth Stop Being Important

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Do you want the truth?

Think about a Rainbow.

Think about Fair.

Think about gender reality.

Think about working together or working alone.

Think about Feelings.

Think about differences and commonalities in natural gender specific predisposition to priorize .

The Coles Notes version is THE TRUTH HURTS... and not hurting "anyones" feelings "ever" is now paramount to telling the truth.

Telling the truth and Standing behind it means a FIGHT...and fighting is "wrong" today....right?......you have to FIGHT FOR THE TRUTH..... and someone always gets hurt in a fight .....right?

Its called being Mindpucked.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Earlier today on a different website I made a post similar to the one below. That post on the other website had a lot more details and a link to a different post on that other site and asked members on that other site when they started being okay with accepting lies as truth. That post on the other site got moderated into a recycle bin and then deleted. Since I don't want that to happen on ATS , I'll ask the same question without breaking any of the RoC here.

Regardless of being Republican or Democrat at which point did it become okay to accept proven lies as truths?

I have been consistent in my posts here in stating that both Democratic and Republican leadership have failed the country in COVID response and that as a country we deserve better then Trump and Biden as the two viable choices for President. Personally I do not believe either is the right person to lead us out of the various scenarios that now face the US but the question I'm asking isn't about that.

At what point as a poster do we say "sure that's a lie but it fits my ideology so yah I believe its true"

Who are you talking to? You did after all throw in COVID, when it is quite clear...( and since you decided to use politics) that at least one party failed abysmally, more than that we don't know, until the new year. Try again.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Earlier today on a different website I made a post similar to the one below. That post on the other website had a lot more details and a link to a different post on that other site and asked members on that other site when they started being okay with accepting lies as truth. That post on the other site got moderated into a recycle bin and then deleted. Since I don't want that to happen on ATS , I'll ask the same question without breaking any of the RoC here.

Regardless of being Republican or Democrat at which point did it become okay to accept proven lies as truths?

I have been consistent in my posts here in stating that both Democratic and Republican leadership have failed the country in COVID response and that as a country we deserve better then Trump and Biden as the two viable choices for President. Personally I do not believe either is the right person to lead us out of the various scenarios that now face the US but the question I'm asking isn't about that.

At what point as a poster do we say "sure that's a lie but it fits my ideology so yah I believe its true"

Who are you talking to? You did after all throw in COVID, when it is quite clear...( and since you decided to use politics) that at least one party failed abysmally, more than that we don't know, until the new year. Try again.

Got it so you haven's read any of my posts here , including the one you quoted , where i have said the same thing about both sides failing us and the country deserving better than these 2.

Unless your post is sarcasm then bravo..

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's just one example with documentation of why the truth is unimportant.

Look at how the public "truth" on this issue has been changed just in the course of a year, and by the very same people. And it had nothing at all to do with science and everything to do with politics. They LIED, but people here will still fight and tell you all day, every day that the "science" says ...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

it started with mass use of the internet, followed by confirmation bias.

used to be there were just a hand full of trusted sources. now everyone with a net connection becomes someone elses trusted source.

its not about believing lies, its about believing the truth you want.

used to be crack pots had to stay underground and search far and wide to find birds of their feather. now they just go to a website. one dummy becomes one of thousands of dummies spreading their false info to one another and feeding on the story.

the latest example is fox news. not too long ago every conservative would swear that fox was nothing but unbiased reporting. then fox started to disagree with trump. conservative started to admit that fox was a conservative network. a little more disagreement from fox and the trump fans started to bemoan fox. "what happened to them, they are no better than cnn!" now you have oan, newsmax, etc. this is just an example of how a certain group wanted news to fit their narrative, and now they have many choices to get it.

people are falling more and more into their little bubbles and anything that doesnt fit that bubble is thrown away, even the truth. take a look at congressional bipartisanship over the last few decades. andersonobserver.com...

as the net grew, so did the divide.

and its only going to get worse. unless people can get over themselves, society, and the U.S. with it, will splinter into little clans and tribes again.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Awesome question but I would go at least back to the Civil War.

Maybe even the Revolutionary War.

Lies to make our country “better” is why we have TLAs. And our representative form of government (that is being bought by multinational corporations).

Hey, we still don’t know who killed Kennedy so why are you asking now?? (Not trying to be harsh bro, just pointing out that this has been the Mason’s Secret that motivated us to form... and my guess is that there are less Masons in government making sound decisions. Which is why they have an entrance policy in the first place: to keep ‘us’ out.

(This is one of my personal problems with FM as practiced)

Even the omission of truth is a lie!

Most humans are trained to believe the lie. Which is why we have Covid-19 vaccines on the way!

[@OpethPA] Stop causing problems or I will let Big Brother know!!

Weird how that works, huh? Someone extrapolated society out to a logical extreme and here we are!!! A Clockwork Orange society where we are on that verge.

Lord! What is wrong with me! How dare I talk truth!

Enjoy 🍾 and “social distancing”, and not looking at the skies, and doing what you are told...

We seem to excel at that!

Happy New Years, Opeth!!

Don’t worry about other people’s labels! Keep being legitimate!

[ETA: I am “mean spirited” or “trying to bust your chops” or anything like that! I like you and am giving a weird social media high five on “admitting on not always being right”!

Not everyone does that! And was just having some fun with you (seriously, lost my previous post which was better... and that sucks! Kinda makes me look like a jerk! But I I can’t control other’s perceptions so that is cool. Just not trying to be a jerk at the end of the year!

It has been bad enough...)

🍾
edit on 29-12-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: accidentally deleted the original edit! D’oh!

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I understood that we are not to have fun anymore because that impedes the truth.

Would it be lying to point out that between he (Biden) and Comma-LA, they've referred to her as the president in waiting now about five times in various ways?

edit on 30-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Well at least we don't need to speculate as to whom reported that thread to be deep-sixed...

Typical conspiracy nonsense jumping to conclusions and a serious problem with this site. I PREDICTED it would be axed. I did not REPORT it to be axed. My prediction was based on past performance. ATS likes dissent, but not about ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here’s a little ditty I made up earlier this year.

Rules exist for social order,
Laws are made in indifference.
Some rules are laws,
Not all laws are rules.
And there in lies, the difference.
edit on 30-12-2020 by Dalamax because: Producing my prodigiousness

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join