It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Picks Jennifer Granholm to Head the DOE.....uhh oh.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

That’s a foolish decision that should frighten every American taxpayer. A big part of her job will be to dole out taxpayer dollars to “green” companies and industries favored by the Biden administration — a strategy she deployed in Michigan, but with little to show for it.

Come on now Joe, I think you will have to do better than Granholm to head this vital cabinet post. From the list of failures she poured money into while in office in Michigan a decade ago, she appears to be not up to this job at all.

This article offers some interesting ''money tosses'' for supposedly ''green'' industry that all seem to have failed, even with the government monies that were handed to them for development. The list in this article goes on and on and on.

So, Biden, dude. Ya gotta do better than this in your choices or as so many already believe are you just replacing the swamp with your own?

Here is one delightful tidbit of news from her stint as Governor

► RASCO: Perhaps the greatest embarrassment of the Granholm era was the “RASCO fiasco.” The governor appeared at a press conference with Richard Short to promote $9 million in tax credits to create jobs in Flint through his “cutting-edge” company. One problem: Short’s parole officer saw the press conference and alerted the state that he was a convicted embezzler with a “history of scams.” He was living in a borrowed trailer when he was approved for state tax credits. Short ultimately went back to prison.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

LOL You expected any different?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What can go wrong

His appointees are amazing (Sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Stunning & Brave!!

This is not his first questionable pick. It's almost like they gave him a list and without doing any research he is just pointing at names he might like the sound of.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of green energy...

I however hate the idea of the government propping some up or picking winners.

The free market will offer almost unlimited upside to those who figure out green and renewable energy.

I'll support it with my consumer choices and investments. Why should my government steal my money when I can buy shares or products and enrich my life?

+1 more 
link   
As a resident of Michigan where she was governor, I question anyone putting Granholm in charge of anything.
Although she was better than Heil Whitler is now.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Not really though she might be a step up from Rick Perry who could not even remember the name of the Cabinet Post he wanted to abolish before Trump appointed him to head it.

Did I say ''a step up"? Maybe just a move to the side in the shuffling of incompetency. This is not a good sign.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Stunning & Brave!!

This is not his first questionable pick. It's almost like they gave him a list and without doing any research he is just pointing at names he might like the sound of.

Its not like he has any ability to reason out who he really needs. They could give him a list and have Mickey Mouse on it and he would approve it. Joe is not getting any better as time goes on...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Most presidents make some questionable picks to head departments.
Occasionally they turn out ok.
Unfortunately this one has a sketchy track record so I don't expect much of an improvement.

So far biden will be the only straight white male in his cabinet. DIVERSITY!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
As a resident of Michigan where she was governor, I question anyone putting Granholm in charge of anything.

I'm going to enjoy the Trump "do you miss me yet" memes the left will be getting in about a year.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's almost like they gave him a list

Almost?

ALMOST?????

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No he's not and it isn't a Biden presidency that terrifies people. It's what happens if a Biden presidency is interrupted for whatever reason. I have never seen someone so unfit for office. I have not liked quite few presidents in my time. They were all at least fit to make sh!# decisions. This one takes the cake. More bad cabinet choices incoming.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's almost like they gave him a list

Almost?

ALMOST?????

I was trying to be nice. I don't do it often so I am a little rusty.

edit on 12/29/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So far biden will be the only straight white male in his cabinet. DIVERSITY!

He is a minority hair sniffer, so he has that. He could go all Warren and say he has .3% Neanderthal and really own the minority field.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Almost?

ALMOST?????

Funny how the true radical Left is getting push a side in the picks.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

His promises to have a diverse administration are in my opinion good promises and one long over due. However competency should go hand in hand with those promises. One thing that still remains to be seen is just how much of the ''jockeying'' for position will play out when he needs to remove himself from the central position he now holds. Maybe even a cough will be enough of an excuse to step down.

Gonna be a ride for sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

She was great at running businesses out of Michigan during her tenure, not to mention the families that worked there. I was still at the school at the time and one of my jobs was student accounting for the state. The number of kids our schools lost during her time was unbelievable.

I don't think Joe is doing anything on his own, I think he has a lot of people telling him what to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The problem here is largely just a magnification of how unprecedentedly fragmented and divided the US government is right now. The left can't afford to risk putting qualified people from the House or Senate into any cabinet level positions because of the possibility of them losing their House majority or dropping further behind in the Senate. I don't ever recall that being a driving issue in the past.

Just another clear sign that the two sides in the US should just divorce and get on with their own lives as two individual nations, each free to pursue their priorities and successes rather than 2 conflicted halves of an individual nation too fractured and broken to even agree on priorities to pursue and far too crippled to reach successes.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Diversity hires never end well.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

To my way of thinking both the radial left and the radical right need to have their ideologies shoved back in their faces. Both are way to idealistic though from different perspectives.

Biden was a promise to America of political and economic moderation as I see him. Moderation as opposed to the radical stances of Trump. Fine. But he is likely just a book mark, there for a moment.

The Republicans are rended asunder by Trump and this I think is a likely outcome for the Democrat Party under Biden.
I"m hoping for 24 and the rise of a moderate party that will push the radicals from the old parties out of power.

Ah, who am I kidding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join