It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House approves increasing stimulus checks to $2,000 for Americans, THANK YOU President Trump!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Am I reading this right? $2,000 for every man woman and child and retroactive $600 per dependent for the last round as well? Or is it just the 2k per tax payers?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah the amount of horsh1t with it all is a joke. Eitherway I don't get it but atleast my parents who are in a fixed income will get it . However, it makes no sense since they are retired and their income hasn't been impacted whatsoever. So why give it to them or anyone that hasn't been financially impacted and especially foreigners.

Crap like this is why we need to get rid of BOTH parties and come together to hold ALL politicians accountable.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Article from September 2020.

Biden has said he'll raise the corporate tax rate and the upper rate for those earning over 100K or so.

Which will do nothing to address the deficit unless spending is cut.

Republicans cut taxes on the rich, Dems raise them, nothing changes but the day.

"Tax the rich more" is just one big scam that works well because liberals can not do simple math...lol If you taxed everyone who made over 10 million 100% it comes out to about 600 billion dollars. People think it is some crazy number like 10 trillion that would make a huge difference, but even at 100% it is not that big when they are already paying 36%. What make one person crazy rich just doesn't spread very far when you are talking the masses. Here is another example...If the leaders of Boeing said screw it we will give 40 million of our pay checks directly back to the workers it would give everyone in the company a 10 cent an hour raise. The statement sounds so good, and the liberals scream it as a battle cry, but it really means very little in the end when you actually crunch the numbers.

Now how do you tax corporations more when America already has the highest corporate tax in the world, or close to it? What will that do to companies moving, jobs loss...etc...lol

edit on 29-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: carewemust
There are enough Senate votes for approval, but Mitch McConnell BLOCKS it.

No $2,000 stimulus payments for the time being.

www.foxnews.com...

They should treat them as two separate bills, just do a 2k bill with nothing else in it then they can debate over the big one with all the pork in it.

The U.S. Treasury begins sending out and direct depositing the $600 stimulus payments in 2 days (12/31). Passing a separate bill with a $1,400 payment might work. Maybe.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
Am I reading this right? $2,000 for every man woman and child and retroactive $600 per dependent for the last round as well? Or is it just the 2k per tax payers?

2k per taxpayer...So basically 2k per household if you make less than 70k after deductions I think. Above 70k and it is reduced.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Crap like this is why we need to get rid of BOTH parties and come together to hold ALL politicians accountable.

This is one example of many of why Big Government is horrible at doing just about anything. When they do something it cost too much, it doesn't go to the right people, takes too long, and is not enough...rinse and repeat this over and over.

Why can a private charter school provide a superior educational environment to poor children while paying their teachers more to get the best compared to the hellholes in poor districts we call public schools?

And the left want more big Goverment...geez

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

2k per taxpayer...So basically 2k per household if you make less than 70k after deductions I think. Above 70k and it is reduced.

$2k per adult. $600 per dependent child.

i.e. Family of 4 = $5,200.

Individual income cap for full stimulus = $75k
Couples income cap for full stimulus = $150k

You're right about the phasing out that occurs. Individuals earning over $75 get less, with no payments for individuals who earn over $87k.
edit on 12/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And the left want more big Goverment...geez

Yep never understood that but the right are equally drinking the koolaid for thinking their party isn't giving them bigger gov't either by direct measures (bailouts, patriot act,homeland security, wars,ets) or via complacency (never making significant changes to shrink gov't or reduce taxes, not killing obamacare,etc)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You're right about the phasing out that occurs. Individuals earning over $75 get less, with no payments for individuals who earn over $87k.

Thanks.. more than I thought

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Yep never understood that but the right are equally drinking the koolaid for thinking their party isn't giving them bigger gov't either by direct measures (bailouts, patriot act,homeland security, wars,ets) or via complacency (never making significant changes to shrink gov't or reduce taxes, not killing obamacare,etc)

It was nice to see that Trump said for every new regulation you need to remove 3...that never happened before. Goverment just keeps growing until it finally caves in and a new one is started. Republicans are right there too, but it seems the left is on a crazy train with their 30 to 90 trillion ideals...lol

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Mitch McConnell is catching hell right now.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Republicans are between a rock and a hard place now.

If they shoot it down, I suspect that it'll cost them the Senate.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Crank them out by the thousands for those “no questions asked, working or not” programs...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

#notmymajorityleader

Too soon?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Why can a private charter school provide a superior educational environment to poor children while paying their teachers more to get the best compared to the hellholes in poor districts we call public schools?

That would be because they are collecting more money per student than the school districts do -- and in addition they also get grants and money originally designed for public schools.

If every public school had local parents paying to send their kids there (just like kids at charter schools (some have scholarships as well)) then you'd see a big improvement in public schools.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

mobile.twitter.com...

Oh yeah...turtle soup anyone?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

If every public school had local parents paying to send their kids there (just like kids at charter schools (some have scholarships as well)) then you'd see a big improvement in public schools.

We also need to understand the public school system is much like the Goverment in they do not need to create profit, just work within a budget, and this has led to a very bloated system of many layers of bureaucracy that provides little but draws heavy from the budget. With a charter school it is streamlined without generations of cronyism and nepotism filling unneeded positions. Kind of sad that the administrative side of the public school system can draw two or three times the salary of the worker bee teacher.

Many time the private sector can do it better and overall cheaper, but as you said the public school system does not want funds they would typically get that could go to a charter school with what is called a school voucher where parents can choose to funnel their kids public school money to a charter school to pay for it. Teacher unions are not to happy with that idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

mobile.twitter.com...

Oh yeah...turtle soup anyone?

It looks like Mitch McConnell has come to life!

Probably pre-planned, since there are three components to what he is going to tee up.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

#notmymajorityleader
Too soon?

Cocaine Mitch does have his good and bad days...

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It looks like Mitch McConnell has come to life!

Probably pre-planned, since there are three components to what he is going to tee up.

Now the Dems are in the hot seat to make it so. I'm not sure even 1% of Americans have a clue to what Section 230 is. If they do away with it they will need to replace it pretty quickly, but then it might be easier just to replace it than to revamp it. It was poorly done in the first place and a number of social media companies took full advantage of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join