It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen quotes Stalin in tweet on US election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Republican-leaning pollster Rasmussen invoked a quote attributed to Soviet leader Joseph Stalin in a Twitter thread Sunday suggesting Vice President Pence could attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election.

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything. – Stalin,” the pollster tweeted, before going on to outline a scenario in which Pence refuses to certify the results in swing states.

Source: thehill.com...

I guess we can add this to the multiple calls from some corners the Republican Party for suspending the constitution, declaring martial law and start a civil war.

Can someone explain to me how this helps the republicans narrative of voter fraud. Is it about voter fraud anymore or just a race to stay in power at any cost?

In a country where we have a decent amount of pillars of democracy that we can quote to make an argument this conservative outfit decides to quote/endorsed a man who is arguably responsible for the deaths of 20 million people because he perceived them as threats to his COMMUNIST empire.

This looks to me that it stopped being about voter fraud the moment that SCOTUS rejected the Texas lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pretty sure the quote is referring to the fraudulent counting of votes Nov 3+. Seems logical and all and to the point. It could be in reference to either though.

Edit: Either way, one is fraud and criminal, the other is constitutionally given power that could be used to undo a criminal act. That said, the rectification of this fraud isn't going to be some "technicality" solution. It will be upright and clear what happened.
edit on 28-12-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

decides to quote/endorsed a man who is arguably responsible for the deaths of 20 million people because he perceived them as threats to his COMMUNIST empire.

They didn't endorse Stalin the democrats did when they "counted" the votes and didn't allow the Republicans to be present hence the quote.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Stalin was quite right, it would seem. Especially given the extreme irregularities in counting back in early November.

Joseph Stalin - Joseph Biden. Coincidence? I think not!!

That was a joke, by the way. Stalin was at least good at what he did.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Pretty sure the quote is referring to the fraudulent counting of votes Nov 3+. Seems logical and all and to the point. It could be in reference to either though.

Edit: Either way, one is fraud and criminal, the other is constitutionally given power that could be used to undo a criminal act. That said, the rectification of this fraud isn't going to be some "technicality" solution. It will be upright and clear what happened.

I think we can be clear that if you need to quote: Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Pinochet are any other murderous genocidal types to further your argument you are probably not a supporter of democracy.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

I think we can be clear that if you need to quote: Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Pinochet are any other murderous genocidal types to further your argument you are probably not a supporter of democracy.

I think we can be clear you make no sense.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Free speech.

It's aa wonderful thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's pretty obvious the quote is in reference to what occurred the evening of Nov 3rd/4th. The point being that the democrats took Stalin's wisdom and added it to their playbook. Spot on in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This looks to me that it stopped being about voter fraud the moment that SCOTUS rejected the Texas lawsuit.

Just a nail in the coffin. The final EC tally and certification was another. Interestingly though those nails will not be enough. It will take Biden with his hand on the Bible but even that will not stop the '''voter fraud movement'' as it follows Trump off into the wilderness of his own dementia.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You just summarized the reason we talk about the left and their feelings. You literally just pointed out that you discount everything certain people say due to how you feel about them. Just because someone is evil doesn’t equate to always being right/wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Biden puts his hand on the Bible and either he or the Bible might explode into flames.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It will take Biden with his hand on the Bible but even that will not stop the '''voter fraud movement'' as it follows Trump off into the wilderness of his own dementia.

So, voter fraud is only legit if Russians buy Facebook ads?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I can’t wait to see how packed his inauguration is. Should be nuts with 80 million voters, but I feel like I’m kidding myself. Dude can’t even get a 100 viewers on YouTube unless Trump is with him.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Mean something like this....

Schumer Flashback: "You Take On The Intelligence Community, They Have Six Ways From Sunday of Getting Back At You"

charliekirk.com...

Now let’s put this in context with the Stalin quote.

Democrats bypassed legislator branches to push voting methods that are less secure, invite fraud, and shunned / not used by other countries because of the opportunity for fraud.

With serious questions concerning the accountability and origination of votes from the Georgia drop boxes.

Then what means / audit is there to very if only legal ballots were counted, and the count by voting machines purchased by cities / municipality political machines.

Now the nature of the Stalin quote. Three or four cities controlled by political machines used underhand means to control the counting of ballots, with ballots having questionable origins/ accountability. No effort to throughly audit and verify. With a deep state that had Trump as a target after using false information concerning Trump to con judges to issue illegal / fraudulent FISA warrants.

So, yes. Democrats have politicized the judicial and voting accountability in a way that has never been done in the USA in line with one party rule such as the Soviet Union.
edit on 28-12-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

You just summarized the reason we talk about the left and their feelings. You literally just pointed out that you discount everything certain people say due to how you feel about them. Just because someone is evil doesn’t equate to always being right/wrong.

Nice try.

Saying that Stalin, Hitler, Castro and Pinochet were murderous genocidal communist dictators is a statement of fact.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Never heard of evil geniuses? Even if they were thugs and murderers, they can still drop pearls of truth.

Stalin was correct in his own twisted inflection, the bottom line if our voting system is corrupt it feeds into what communism has been saying about America for decades.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It will take Biden with his hand on the Bible but even that will not stop the '''voter fraud movement'' as it follows Trump off into the wilderness of his own dementia.

So, voter fraud is only legit if Russians buy Facebook ads?

For all we know, those Russians could just be teenagers doing some internet trolling. I mean hell, I was banned from Twitter for being a Russian bot. Yet, I’m just a real person with a different opinion.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I never said differently. Maybe you should actually read, digest what’s said, then reply because you’re embarrassing yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I think we can be clear that you aren't that bright and need to work on your reading comprehension if you think that is the purpose of the quote.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

That was a joke, by the way. Stalin was at least good at what he did.

ah, come on man!

<<   2 >>

join