It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Signs Covid Relief Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
thehill.com...

A lot of Americans might have held out for a better result, but ultimately people are hurting. I guess it's back to drip feeding the public the crumbs they so desperately need (deserve?).

"I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed," Trump said in a statement upon signing the legislation. "I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill."

Good luck with that. The American people and the president were effectively "blackmailed" into acquiescing to the interests of the state, rather than the people once again.

Trump, as part of his statement formally announcing the decision, said that the Senate had agreed to tee up several of his priorities, including his push for $2,000 checks and repealing a tech shield that has emerged as a top target for the president and conservative allies.

"Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election. The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud," Trump said in his statement.

But he had to sign this first, and frankly, there's no guarantee the Senate will do any of that.

Well feel free to read the rest yourself. It all reads the same to me anyway. SSDD.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
HE didn't have to sign anything, he sold us out.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
HE didn't have to sign anything, he sold us out.

That's a valid assessment, no doubt.

Let's not forget however the stalling and games played by legislators that made this all possible/impossible.
edit on 12/27/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit/eta

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
President Trump put a spotlight on how stupid Americans are to elect a Congress that allocates only 30% of the money for Covid-19 "relief", yet have the nerve to label this a "Covid relief bill".

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump put a spotlight on how stupid Americans are to elect a Congress that allocates only 30% of the money for Covid-19 "relief", yet have the nerve to label this a "Covid relief bill".

Why the hell did he sign it?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I remember when President Trump tried to intercede in the negotiations in early October...demanding at least a $1,200 check for every American. Pelosi-Schumer-McConnell told President Trump to "stay out this!".

Source: www.cnbc.com...

The idiots in the MSM, and their deranged pundits, were saying all weekend that Trump waited too long to ask for more money. They're going to pay BIG TIME for their 4 years of lies and hate of President Trump.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Unemployment benefits expired on 12/26/2020 for most people unemployed due to Covid-19 over the Spring/Summer.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

This "relief" isn't going to do squat overall and within a month folks will be even more in dire straights.

"When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it."
-Gerald Celente, Trends Forecaster

It's going to get U. G. L. Y. real quick.
edit on 12/27/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit/eta

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I’ll send mine back. I’ll walk it into my representatives office.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I bet the Pakistani lbgq community is ecstatic.....

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
In many places, $600 won't even cover the rent for a month.

But illegal immigrants are worth $2000....

We're rapidly approaching pitchforks-and-torches level frustration in this country. And when it finally blows, it's going to make Antifa's antics in Portland look like a polite debate.
edit on 27-12-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I didn't vote for him the first time around, in fact I didn't vote for president first time around. I did vote for him the second time. I've been a fan of most of what he's done, this however was a completely useless gesture. I have a slight idea why he did it, and knowing the people he's trying to appease with the gesture, it's never going to be enough. He should have stuck to his guns and let it expire.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

According to the article, after you sift through all the personality focused reporting:

Trump boasted that he was signing the bill "to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP [the Paycheck Protection Program], return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more." But unemployment benefits lapsed on Saturday, and eviction moratoriums would have done the same had Trump not signed the bill soon.

Essentially parroting what was already in the bill. 🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Unemployment benefits expired on 12/26/2020 for most people unemployed due to Covid-19 over the Spring/Summer.

Ok, people sure deserve better, Pelosi did stand in the way of 1,200 as you said, she was holding out for 1,700 if I remember..no doubt pork as well. My impression here is McConnell is the stick in the mud..they are all contemptible!
edit on 27-12-2020 by vonclod because: s

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

According to the article, after you sift through all the personality focused reporting:

Trump boasted that he was signing the bill "to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP [the Paycheck Protection Program], return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more." But unemployment benefits lapsed on Saturday, and eviction moratoriums would have done the same had Trump not signed the bill soon.

Essentially parroting what was already in the bill. 🤷🏾‍♂️

10-4

Thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I didn't vote for him the first time around, in fact I didn't vote for president first time around. I did vote for him the second time. I've been a fan of most of what he's done, this however was a completely useless gesture. I have a slight idea why he did it, and knowing the people he's trying to appease with the gesture, it's never going to be enough. He should have stuck to his guns and let it expire.

Your journey is almost identical to mine and if it wasn't for the left going off the rails for 4+ years I wouldn't have voted at all. These games and flip flopping is EXACTLY why I never had any interest involving myself with the political climate.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's blackmail and hoodwinking to setup the road for the coming deluge of Authoritarian bullscheiße 💀

edit on Dec-27-2020 by xuenchen because: chrome quarters

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I’m disappointed that he signed it. What a sham.

It’s going to be interesting to see which representatives turn down the $2000 and how devastating their opponents campaign ad will be at the next election cycle.
This is one decision that will come back and bite them.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When are the "patriots" going to do anything?

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkstar12
I’ll send mine back. I’ll walk it into my representatives office.

He/She must be one of the honest representatives.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join