It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony rice dead at 69

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Bluegrass great Mr. Rice died on Christmas. What a legend.

The cause of death was not given, though a Facebook post from Ricky Skaggs on behalf of Rice's family reports that his death occurred "sometime during Christmas morning while making his coffee."

Tony Rice
edit on 27-12-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Another one has gone! Tony was one of the best.
Here's a very nice piece he does with his brother Wyatt:

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Every time I've of these guys signs out, I think about Kris Kristofferson. I'm not a big celebrity fanatic, but I do feel it a bit when a talent like this passes. I've decided that on the day that I wake up, look at the new and see that KK has passed, the end will be neigh.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I've decided that on the day that I wake up, look at the new and see that KK has passed, the end will be neigh.

That's how I feel about Keith Richards.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What a way to go. Pre coffee am.

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Pre-coffee am Christmas. He was the real deal.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The bionic guitar picker. Hands down my favorite guitar player. Idc if you don't like bluegrass, some musicians are so talented they transcend genre.

RIP Mr. Rice, you will be missed.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No doubt bruv. None whatsoever!

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I am kind of tired of making comments about all greats keep passing.

Mostly because I seem to be only a handful of “music historian from being a fan (of all music, er, music that is appreciable by me, which limits things like rap and country... you have to play at least an instrument to “get this”).

Most of us start out just liking some music. Then are exposed to other types and genres. Then we “binge watch” artists and study style and phrasing, chords, embellishments, production, recording, all while fans of the band/musicians themselves. From harpsichord to Chopin, Dvorak, Beethoven, Bach (JS, but the others have good stuff), Brahms, Sor; Berry Chuck; the Mississippi delta, Chicago, Texas and Kansas City blues, CBGB’s, Eddie vs Randy, Segovia,?even opera singers like Pavarotti, can move you! Percussion, harp, cello, violin, Jacos, Zappa, Wes, Zep, Yes, Talking Heads, Kurdt, Chris, Andrew,?and all of the other fallen heroes.

I salute you all!!

Good music is good music. Some, like this, a little more even better than others!! That hybrid picking is all over electric guitar playing...

I wondered where some of the rock guys “borrowed” their licks!!

I have said it before but for those who have not heard the soapbox speech: rock and roll comes from the blues (which a version of folk): modern rock and roll comes from amplified blues with emphasis on bass and drums (you need a beat, and a great bass player leads the band through the chord progressions... he says otherwise but check out Mick Fleetwood on Rumors!)

Learn musicians! Try some different styles. Grow and enjoy! And appreciate our friend, who can always be there with a bit of replay on those examples, Tony Rice!

RIP!

(Will this year ever end?
)
edit on 28-12-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

edit on 28-12-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: too much delete

new topics

top topics

join