It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wearing a mask is political theater!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Data from Tennessee

A comparison of counties with mask mandates to counties without. No real difference in infection rates.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
In Minnesota, i bought a neck gaiter, it's great. just pull up when need a mask and protects from cold so i always have it up.

If you aren't wearing a mask...f. u.

Listen to science. Lets not be the country with the most deaths, you know?

If you don't know the difference between pseudo-science and real science, and that seems to be the case from this post, your gnawledge is not very complete.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

In Minnesota, i bought a neck gaiter, it's great. just pull up when need a mask and protects from cold so i always have it up.

If you don't know the difference between pseudo-science and real science, and that seems to be the case from this post, your gnawledge is not very complete.

Are you referring to the study that showed that neck gaiters were the absolute worst face protection offering zero protection from the virus at all?

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wish you could say that to my face. I pray to GOD one of you robots would.
a reply to: VariableConstant

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Yeah...seems to be political and nothing else.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

There is nothing weaker on this earth than a person that is too soft to even wear a mask.

The easiest thing you could do. It's nothing.

Refusing to do even that shows how little you care about others. Y'all should be tarred, feathered, and exiled.

Good riddance to trash.

yeah. Apparently it is all about you. The journey to tyranny is made in small steps.

For example have a bo-peep at how long it took for the official line to go from 'It will only be for a short time' to 'we have to extend the restrictions because YOU didn't do what we told you to.'

Who should be chastised for doubting the party line?

FFS the pope and queen of E. support this stupidity.

Funny how both are the heads of institutions that are 'tarred and feathered' with the taint of Pedophilia.

Vile maggots. You want to know weak?

Lets start with the peeps who beat around the bush instead of laying blame squarely and solely where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes1974
I wish you could say that to my face. I pray to GOD one of you robots would.
a reply to: VariableConstant

You live in Boston and no one has said it to you yet?!

I was up there visiting family last week and was blown away by how covid-crazy the state is. Walking through Boston, 2 days before Christmas and it was like half the population just disappeared. The most people I saw were standing in line, waiting to get into a store. We took the ferry in from Hingham to the Long Wharf, then walked around Back Bay to kill a few hours....never so so few people there (and I lived there for 5 years).

Over the course of 7 days, I think what I found most interesting is that pretty much everyone up there seemed on board. My father in law is a conservative who had his business temporarily shut down at the start of this and he doesn’t have an issue with the masks. Hell, several of my right-leaning friends wouldn’t even visit me until AFTER they saw their families first because they were worried about infecting them. I did not come in contact with a single person who had a problem with masks up there.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Lets start with the peeps who beat around the bush instead of laying blame squarely and solely where it belongs.

Can you elaborate on that, and the context of "blame" vs wearing a mask..how would blame or who's responsible determine anything regarding what we do now?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: seeker1963
Just like all the other hypocrites pushing the fear here is the Governor of PA and one his lackeys who flat out admit that the whole "wear your mask" is nothing more than political theater!

Enjoy your servitude to those who force you to obey the rules yet get caught on camera making a joke of it!

Anyone paid attention to the fact that none of these SERVANTS have missed a pay check during this so called crisis?

No, in that a properly fitted mask made form the correct material actually will reduce your chances of spreading coming down with not only Covid but with other things like winter colds and the flu. This was born out by such things as a reduction in flu cases in Australia.

I am sure enough about this subject to say that salt water (most of Australians live within a couple of hours of a beach) and sunshine did the grunt work in Aus. Here in NSW our slobbering 'leaders' think it's national news because the premier got laid!
lol. I mean, she has a head like a welders bench and her nose is the shape of a racing yacht keel, so understandably she is stoked. But if you cant keep it in your pants, keep it to yourself. No wonder suicidal tendencies are at an all time high!

All the poxy face nappy does is give greasy people nappy rash on their faces. Eugh!

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Can you elaborate on that, and the context of "blame" vs wearing a mask..how would blame or who's responsible determine anything regarding what we do now?

Thanks

Cause and effect mate. Cause the mask is unnecessary,
Effect, the stupidity of current leadership is claiming authority. They have none.
You haven't noticed? like the mutterings about 'no jab, no pay' we heard about in the media last week.
Won't be long and this economic virus will f*ck S*it up royally.
/soapbox
I was suggesting you direct your focus to the people who steer the course, instead of the ones who pull the oars.

It's cool, your welcome.
edit on 28-12-2020 by Dalamax because: Polite discourse

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Cause the mask is unnecessary

That is very debatable, but you are of course entitled to believe it.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You haven't noticed? like the mutterings about 'no jab, no pay' we heard about in the media last week.
Won't be long and this economic virus will f*ck S*it up royally.

I could agree that kind of thing is concerning..I doubt it will happen though, leaves employers open to lawsuites if it goes sideways. And..we are already f'd

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's really sad and disgusting to see how people react to those who don't fall lock step in line with the mandates, not laws, to wear masks in public. They verbally assault and bully people and are openly hostile. It's like watching a flock of chickens peck and chase that one chicken that is the lowest on the pecking order. Social justice is forgotten, tolerance is heaved out the window, individuality is perceived as dangerous. All they want to do is conform and obey and be afraid. And lash out.
never mind their ignorance and refusal to accept that science and factual data doesn't back up anything they've been told is true. The masks do very little to stop the spread. Social distancing of 6 feet indoors is theatrics. Lockdowns do nothing if they close down small businesses( which are safer) and leave big box stores open. They close down restaurants for indoor dining but open up tents outside. It's arbitrary and insane and we let our governments lead us in the parade of idiots.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just wanted to chime in and say that about a week ago I decided to stop wearing the mask.

It took some courage honestly to walk into the gas stations, grocery store and other places without one at first.

No one says anything to me but I can feel the eyes.

Anyways, my point is this thing is over when you say it's over.

I'm not afraid anymore and I'm free.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not posting this to judge people or to push any agenda, however it is not a particularly popular opinion on this site. It is merely my take on the subject based on knowledge of infection control, but I expect plenty of personal attacks and negative remarks nonetheless as this is the nature of ATS these days.

Personal freedoms are important, but I feel that there should also go hand in hand with communal responsibility. The mask isn't to protect the wearer, it is to protect those around them. This is the same reason that you see surgeons wearing the now-popular blue surgical masks. It is to prevent the surgeon infecting the patient, not to stop the surgeon getting infected. If you want protection from the air around you then you need a properly fitted and sealed mask with appropriate filters. Wearing a mask is a public health issue, not a personal one.

The mask isn't to stop you breathing in virus that is in the air. It is to greatly reduce the spread of potentially contagion-carrying droplets that you breath out. We exhale around 700ml of water droplets each day, and COVID 19 uses these as a vector for transmission. The aim of the mask is to trap or reduce the distance that these droplets can travel and so minimise the spread to those around us. As so many proclaim, the virus does not produce symptoms in most people, so you will not know if you are spreading it without a very recent test. Unfortunately in a small percentage of the population, what is essentially harmless to you is life threatening to them, and it is difficult to predict who these people are. These are who we wear masks for, not ourselves.

By all means feel free to not wear a mask. Thank God you live in a country that allows this freedom. Just remember that it is not your wellbeing you are putting at risk.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It took some courage honestly to walk into the gas stations, grocery store and other places without one at first.

Ya, sorry, thats not "courage"

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
That is very debatable, but you are of course entitled to believe it.

Actually is isn't very debatable at all. Show me a hard science study that proves it. By "hard science" I mean one that lists the criteria and methodology that was used in the study. If the study mentions "N95", "medical personel" or medical and/or hospital environment, throw it out and look for another, because it doesn't pertain to the current situation. The majority of the studies are based on statistics and have been done by people who are not qualified to do them. They are based off numbers, issued by the Government. Numbers that have been proven to be suspect or inaccurate.

I got into a debate about the spread of particles last night, with a woman on Facebook. After I trashed her arguement she said "Where's your degree in medicine?" I told her that we were not discussion medicine or viruology, we were discussing Fluid Dynamics and I have a degree in that field. She called me a "Trumptard" and told me to "f*ck off".
edit on 30-12-2020 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

By all means feel free to not wear a mask. Thank God you live in a country that allows this freedom. Just remember that it is not your wellbeing you are putting at risk.

Ah the old asymptomatic spread canard.

Even where they say you can, they admit proving it is problematic.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Even where they say you can, they admit proving it is problematic.

You can't prove a negative. That's the basis for most Liberal arguements, a negative. It's like the gun for self-defense arguement. I'm in a situation, I move my jacket to show I'm armed and the situation goes away. You can't prove it, because nothing happened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join