It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wearing a mask is political theater!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

If you would care about others , you would oppose their mask using.

Bacterial pneumonia is not fun and mask increase the risk for it.

I guess you dont care eh ?

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: djz3ro

that wearing a mask and sticking to social distancing is the best way to keep those [two people] very close to me safe. (One of these people is the mother of my 2 young children

So you wear a mask in your own home and won't go near your own children??

Hahahaha no, where on earth did I suggest that? Why would I do that?

I wear a mask when social distancing isn't an option but I live in a small town so I only really need to wear a mask in shops and on the bus. Never worn one outside unless I'm going from one shop straight to another.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And none of us are telling you not to do what you think best. Clearly, there are some people who do need whatever small protection they may or may not provide.

But what we want is the choice for ourselves. Something too many people would be glad to take away.

I shouldn't be forced to wear one while exercising, for example. It impairs my ability breathe thanks to asthma. It makes my workouts much, much harder and more painful than they should be.

Where do you workout that needs a mask?

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
In Minnesota, i bought a neck gaiter, it's great. just pull up when need a mask and protects from cold so i always have it up.

If you aren't wearing a mask...f. u.

Listen to science. Lets not be the country with the most deaths, you know?

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

originally posted by: djz3ro
I, like many people round here, have done a lot of digging into Covid-19, Masks etc and my conclusion is that wearing a mask and sticking to social distancing is the best way to keep those [two people] very close to me safe. (One of these people is the mother of my 2 young children. The other is one of my best friends who is also my business partner and muse)

For me, wearing a mask is not political theatre, no matter what anyone says.

My reasons are my own and to hell with you if you disagree!

You and your family will be wearing it for the rest of your lives.

I hope not but if they don't find a way to get rid of it then it's a small price to pay. It's not like I'm walking around all day with one on. I wear one for about maybe 90 mins out of a week, no big deal, I used to wear one a lot more than that when my motorbike was road worthy.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You might have done a lot of digging, but what do you think about hypocrites like in the video who using their PRIVATE face get caught contradicting their PUBLIC face?

I think people should practice what they preach.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

You're mask because you're afraid, and because the government tells you to. Not because you're taking personal responsibility.

Can I just ask who are you to tell people why they're wearing a mask?

You are tarring everyone who wears a mask with the same brush.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Just like all the other hypocrites pushing the fear here is the Governor of PA and one his lackeys who flat out admit that the whole "wear your mask" is nothing more than political theater!

Enjoy your servitude to those who force you to obey the rules yet get caught on camera making a joke of it!

Anyone paid attention to the fact that none of these SERVANTS have missed a pay check during this so called crisis?

We are all but actors and the world is but a stage

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You still posting like you actually have credibility?

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
Dr Birx was caught with no mask too ❗️💢❗️

In what circumstance?

Masks are not recommended except in public gatherings, and then only for a short time.

originally posted by: neutronflux

We should all follow CDC guidelines? Yes or no?

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/thanksgiving.html

www.cdc.gov...

Attending a Gathering

Celebrating virtually or with the people you live with is the safest choice this Thanksgiving.

If you choose to attend a gathering, make your celebration safer. In addition to following the steps that everyone can take to make Thanksgiving safer, take these additional steps if attending a Thanksgiving gathering:

Bring your own food, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils.
Wear a mask and safely store your mask while eating and drinking.
Avoid going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared or handled, such as in the kitchen.
Use single-use options, like salad dressing and condiment packets, and disposable items like food containers, plates, and utensils.

originally posted by: neutronflux

I’ll fix your sentence for you.

Masks are recommended in public gatherings, or for workers working full shifts that cannot social distance, or when house holds gather at private homes except while eating.

What makes you think people find you credible at this point.....

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have refused respectfully thru eleven western since the
media rolled out the red carpet worshipping this new fear
tactic. And pushing us all to immediately conform claiming
we're all in this together. While proving their hypocrisy all
along the god damn way. I haven't caught so much as sniffle.
And I know it's just there to indicate their power over us.

It emboldens them. And now days if you don't believe in this
type of conspiracy going on in this world? Then you're the one
who's crazy. I've known since I was a little kid theire are wicked
people at the top. They seek control over your very soul.
No joke WTFU brother.
edit on 27-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And none of us are telling you not to do what you think best. Clearly, there are some people who do need whatever small protection they may or may not provide.

But what we want is the choice for ourselves. Something too many people would be glad to take away.

I shouldn't be forced to wear one while exercising, for example. It impairs my ability breathe thanks to asthma. It makes my workouts much, much harder and more painful than they should be.

Where do you workout that needs a mask?

Everywhere now because it's been mandated. Our city health official is a germophope and they decided we would need this even in places where you can social distance when you work out.
edit on 27-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

F.U. What science? While you are at it look into the criteria for a COVID death. Put down the kool-aid.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I, like many people round here, have done a lot of digging into Covid-19, Masks etc and my conclusion is that wearing a mask and sticking to social distancing is the best way to keep those [two people] very close to me safe. (One of these people is the mother of my 2 young children. The other is one of my best friends who is also my business partner and muse)

For me, wearing a mask is not political theatre, no matter what anyone says.

My reasons are my own and to hell with you if you disagree!

I think everyone feels that masks and social distancing helps at some level. We can debate on what level that may be, but I don't think anyone here are one of those that might walk into a grocery store without a mask and keeping distance from others. With that said there are many here me included that also feel it is our right if we choose to go to a restaurant or gym and practice the same PPE....

The big difference and what the OP is talking about is more along the lines of the hypocrisy in virtual signally mask wearing/social distancing while not doing the same off camera. While also saying its OK during a pandemic to riot and protests in closed numbers with most not wearing masks as spit is flying with people scream at each other, but something like a funeral is a big no no.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

So you wear a mask in your own home and won't go near your own children??

Depending on how good looking or not your wife is a mask during sex can be a good thing...just saying...

I think I read the vast majority of spread is in the home. That is where Italy is seeing like 80% of their spread from the home while being 100% locked down forever.

I on the other hand do not need to wear a mask in my home as I just do not physically see my business counter parts, and only friends that practice the same isolation. Social distancing/mask wearing does not work in the home so for high risk ONLY isolation works...period. Anything else is just a placebo to make you think you are doing the correct thing.

edit on 27-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

You and your family will be wearing it for the rest of your lives.

I have a college and 12th grader, so there really is no protection with them... At least my college son got it already in college, but they will do what young people do and so hang out with friends. No way to stop it... We take temps etc all the time, but it will still come at some point.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It has nothing to do with politics. It's PPE.

90% of the people don't wear it right, or the right mask, or are not trained in proper PPE protocol...lol As example, you touch your face like 10 times more with a mask on than not... most would not actually sneeze in their mask and they would wipe their nose and blow their nose with nothing more than pull the mask back up when done.

The is a ton that goes into PPE to actually make it effective...It is a serious active thinking event that you would need to consistently do...Talk to a nurse sometime and ask why is is to daunting, slow and very focused with every move.

edit on 27-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Gnawledge

F.U. What science? While you are at it look into the criteria for a COVID death. Put down the kool-aid.

What science? Google it yourself. Too much sugar in your kool-aid.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We take temps etc all the time, but it will still come at some point.

I'm a no one. A lowly Truck driver OTR. Of course you worry about
everything as decent human beings always do for their children. I
keep my hands clean and gargle with hydrogen peroxide before
bed the same as I always have. I'm sixty one and when I feel the
tickle in my sinus that tells me to head off a virus before it takes
hold.
Hydrogen peroxide gargle and wet my fingers and sniff little
droplets. I've been sick once in 20 yrs. When I couldn't get to the
peroxide. It's a simple remedy of awareness and destroy the virus
immediately. Some simple knowledge to give them is just another
weapon for them. I would never say you worry to much for them.
Because that's impossible in this world.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

I feel the same way. The news media could stop the mask wearing world wide in 2 weeks if they gave the charge.
I doubt that's going to happen but it would be neat to see them pull it off.
It could all go away and be quietly dealt with at the doctors offices.
No quarantines, no masks no news nothing! Business as usual.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Studies that are pretty much surveys. Experimentation where the Mythbusters use better procedures and documentation. Last Spring when I started looking I found actual studies that showed that post operative infections went down when masks WERE NOT worn in operating rooms. The reason given for not taking masks out of operating rooms were public perception and tradition.

Most of the real studies that say masks work are done with N95 masks in hospital conditions, with people trained in infectious disease protocols.

When you see a Death Certificate listing "head trauma with COVID" as the cause of death in a motorcycle accident, it makes me question the criteria being used for COVID deaths.

I don't drink kool-aid, I drink iced tea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join