It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instagram updates their TOS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is why I am getting rid of my gmail account (very soon). It seems I cannot create a new account on ATS without an social media account.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sure stop using Google or Facebook.

But what happens when Amazon updates their TOS and decide you can no longer order certain items if you live in certain locations?

Before 2020; you could just go to another store, but those are getting fewer are farther between.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut
This is why I am getting rid of my gmail account (very soon). It seems I cannot create a new account on ATS without an social media account.

also they are requiring your phone numbers if you have an AOL account since you had windows XP

also a backup email for security ( what a joke )

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Sure stop using Google or Facebook.

But what happens when Amazon updates their TOS and decide you can no longer order certain items if you live in certain locations?

Before 2020; you could just go to another store, but those are getting fewer are farther between.
Then that's what happens. Fewer and far between. No skin off my back.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

also they are requiring your phone numbers if you have an AOL account since you had windows XP

I can't confirm that. If true...

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

*When I first got my computer I only knew about AOL
And that was when XP came out
When I log into my mail now they want your phone, maybe because I recently bought an Andriod ?
Also they are requesting a backup email
So far I haven't given them neither

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

When I log into my mail now they want your phone, maybe because I recently bought an Andriod ?

Maybe go with another email service?

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Maybe go with another email service?

I think they all are asking now for a backup and telephone number.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
No. Not really. a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I swear to god I don't even care anymore.
I'll google search what I want..Post what I want..Openly discuss what I want to whomever I want.
I honestly speak right into my devices occasionally when saying something deemed controversial..
"Did you hear that ? Damn right I said it and meant every word."
I'm not going to try to hide anything anymore. In this world of increasing Orwellian surveillance you just can't. If it puts me on their watchlist..so be it.
Least I sleep at night knowing I didn't censor myself just because "they" might be listening or watching.
Besides...
Somewhere in a dark room at Langley there's at least one guy that really likes my selfies...

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Quite a few, and they were around long before instagram.

Flickr
Behance
Deviant Art

To name a few.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I swear to god I don't even care anymore.
I'll google search what I want..Post what I want..Openly discuss what I want to whomever I want.
I honestly speak right into my devices occasionally when saying something deemed controversial..
"Did you hear that ? Damn right I said it and meant every word."
I'm not going to try to hide anything anymore. In this world of increasing Orwellian surveillance you just can't. If it puts me on their watchlist..so be it.
Least I sleep at night knowing I didn't censor myself just because "they" might be listening or watching.
Besides...
Somewhere in a dark room at Langley there's at least one guy that really likes my selfies...

I’m pretty much right there with you.

If it’s not your phone listening, is your TV. If it’s not your TV, it’s your refrigerator, or your home security system of obviously an Alex or Google assistant, your smart watch, your smart clock, maybe even gaming consoles...

And that’s in your house - never mind all of the other places people could be listening to you, recording you, tracking you - everything.

The way I look at it, I’m not important. Me reading, searching or otherwise is pretty irrelevant. I don’t hold “extremist” views on really much of anything - and conversations I have here or in my home aren’t really all that “wild” or they don’t really have an “answer”... not much to get excited about.

May as well just go with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

I think it's just inevitable. We can try to vote for people who want to protect privacy but it's hard. I try to reduce by using alternatives but it's tough if you have to interact with people on big tech. It's not realistic to be completely free of big tech.
edit on 28-12-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

AOL is still a thing? I’m not even being sarcastic, I figured whatever was left of AOL just turned into AIM. I haven’t even used that in 15 years.

posted on Dec, 28 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

AOL is still a thing? I’m not even being sarcastic, I figured whatever was left of AOL just turned into AIM. I haven’t even used that in 15 years.

AIM largely died. AOL somehow, incredibly, still exists.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That’s why after I read the tos on Instagram, I decided to deactivate my account. Because deleting your Instagram account is permanent and final, Instagram recommends temporarily disabling your account first. If you do that, you can still recover the account and all of your content. You can keep your account temporarily disabled for as long as you like. You can reactivate it at any time by logging back in. There is only one thing: Instagram currently only allows you to disable your account once per week. So if you disable it, log back on, and then decide you want to disable it again, you’ll have to wait a week to do so. Full guide I’ve found here backlightblog.com...
edit on 18-8-2021 by martiscore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Get off instagram, get off any of the dictatorships social media that are taking over the nation, I am sure that they will feel it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join