It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit sues BLM for protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Saw this about the BLM, Detroit is being sued by protestors and they are counter suing.

Detoit sues Black Lives Matter

The City of Detroit’s top attorney said he was “pleased to hear” that injured protesters filed a federal lawsuit against city officials and police on Monday because now the city plans to sue demonstrators.

“The litigation will provide the City an opportunity to counter with our own suit — to stop further violations of law and to hopefully reduce the assaults on police officers,” Lawrence Garcia, the City’s corporation counsel, said in a statement.

The Mayor and Liberal media in Detroit are slamming the messenger here too. I can't imagine they would do the right thing. They will stick to the playbook and pretend the BLM was legit and the Lead counsel is out of step with the citizens on this. Idiot Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich chimed in also. Oh the liberal tears.

It’s an unusual claim because a vast majority of the protesters have been peaceful, and even Mayor Mike Duggan and police Chief James Craig have blamed “outside agitators” on the rare cases of violence against police.

Garcia made another unfounded claim, saying protesters are “not about raising awareness around legitimate racial justice concerns.”

Detroits lead Attorney replied

“Wearing a bullet-proof vest to a protest shows a certain desire and intent,” Garcia said in a statement. “What is going on nowadays is more about provocation and public nuisance than bringing power to the people.”

Someone has a spine.

edit on 26-12-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

This is what the courts are for ... adjudication based on the evidence.

I'm not concered so much about BLM (as there are many versions of the idea) but I willl be interested to see information on those few who instigated the violence.
edit on 26-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Or, they could throw the people burning things down and looting in prison and toss away the key. Make sure to put them in solatary confinement for the first year so their chaotic personalities would be broken. Then, the peaceful protestors views would be better accepted and our society can transition to the better.

People who believe that violent protests accomplish anything are idiots, they drive people farther apart. They make people more polarized, they do not bring the countries people together.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Don't fall for the ruse.

It's a red herring.

The taxpayers get screwed as another mis-management debacle happens (again)😃

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Don't fall for the ruse.

It's a red herring.

The taxpayers get screwed as another mis-management debacle happens (again)😃

And a system run largely by lawyers is, yet again, making more work for lawyers.

The true USA conspiracy. A country ran by lawyers is treating the USA as their cash cow and money tree.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

And yet the left actually makes fun of the people fighting for DonaldJTrump because they are lawyers.

I love that one.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman

And yet the left actually makes fun of the people fighting for DonaldJTrump because they are lawyers.

I love that one.

If you're talking Guiliani, Powell and Wood, I make fun of them because they're ridiculous.

If Trump were trying to win, he wouldn't be using that side-show.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I love that one.

If you're talking Guiliani, Powell and Wood, I make fun of them because they're ridiculous.

If Trump were trying to win, he wouldn't be using that side-show.

So three of the most succesful Lawyers who stand up for Justice are a side show to you. I am not surprised totally by that. Saddened maybe that you will try to justify ignorance of their work or somehow this time they are foolish for standing up for what you don't believe, the truth.

I am sure that makes sense to you on some level but it is a sad view of reality with the S... Show the Dems and RINO's are selling.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

LOL ... "the most successful lawyers" who have failed collectively over 60 times.

Yep, I live in a different reality from you. No reason to be sad though.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I suppose you can tell me how many times they won and can prove your 60 times ? I am sure you can find half of that if you tried you could find the other half and be forced to admit you are wrong. I am not asking for a miracle, just be real about those past successes. The Mafia wasn't too real at first about them either. But it didn't work out too well for them in the RICO cases.

edit on 26-12-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

you make fun of the sideshow because that is what they taught you to do. its baseless and you go right along with it, oblivious that the real sideshow is the the failed lawyers that are now acting as politicians. If you went to law school and end up as a politician career isnt that a sideshow?

this BLM is a bunch of misfits crying, trying to cause blame division and big money needed as a tool to hide behind.
edit on 26-12-2020 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
So three of the most succesful Lawyers who stand up for Justice are a side show to you.

ATS has now become a comedy forum. Three of the most successful lawyers! Stand up for justice! Good lord.
Powell was mad that people wouldn't buy her book before all this, much less her embarrassing display during the Trump years. But maybe after coming out as a complete buffoon, people will finally take interest. Worked for Trump anyway. She can finally sell some books. People love reality TV posing as real life. For a minute or two anyway. Better strike while it's hot Sydney! Get those ghost writers on it!

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

So three of the most succesful Lawyers who stand up for Justice are a side show to you.

ATS has now become a comedy forum. Three of the most successful lawyers! Stand up for justice! Good lord.
Powell was mad that people wouldn't buy her book before all this, much less her embarrassing display during the Trump years. But maybe after coming out as a complete buffoon, people will finally take interest. Worked for Trump anyway. She can finally sell some books. People love reality TV posing as real life. For a minute or two anyway. Better strike while it's hot Sydney! Get those ghost writers on it!

And just like the other poster you have nothing solid but muh Orange man bad.

The playbook they have you working under is exposed and you are still not aware of the facts. That is on you.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Sure, hot off the presses: New York Times

After bringing some 60 lawsuits, and even offering financial incentive for information about fraud, Mr. Trump and his allies have failed to prove definitively any case of illegal voting on behalf of their opponent in court — not a single case of an undocumented immigrant casting a ballot, a citizen double voting, nor any credible evidence that legions of the voting dead gave Mr. Biden a victory that wasn’t his.

Now, I'm no soothsayer, but I anticipate your likely response: "har har New York Times fake news" so why don't you do your part and prove to us all the cases that Guiliani/Powell/Wood, et. al. have won.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

you make fun of the sideshow because that is what they taught you to do. its baseless and you go right along with it, oblivious that the real sideshow is the the failed lawyers that are now acting as politicians. If you went to law school and end up as a politician career isnt that a sideshow?

this BLM is a bunch of misfits crying, trying to cause blame division and big money needed as a tool to hide behind.

Sure, you can make the claim that I'm the one compromised by the corporate media, feel free to prove it.

Baseless? Have you seen any thing that's happened in the last six weeks? LOL.

I agree with you; we live in two different realities.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sure, you can make the claim that I'm the one compromised by the corporate media, feel free to prove it.

Well, that is still not understanding facts. NYTimes is not the paper of record anymore for one.

What matters is the cases they won. But you can't handle the truth. Setbacks are just that. Victories are what builds great Lawyer and these have their war chest full of big victories. You know it but you babble about BS from liars.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well, that is still not understanding facts. NYTimes is not the paper of record anymore for one.

What matters is the cases they won. But you can't handle the truth. Setbacks are just that. Victories are what builds great Lawyer and these have their war chest full of big victories. You know it but you babble about BS from liars.

So ... you can't prove what cases were won on Trump's behalf in regard to the election? Why not?

It's okay for you to quote sources you believe in to do so. C'mon, I don't want to believe you're just being intentionally dishonest ... what cases did Guiliani/Powell/Wood, etc. win for Trump in regard to 2020 voter fraud.

I will venture a guess and say that you can't, because you know they haven't.

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

And those 3 Stooges are on Trump's payroll. Remember?

top topics

join