It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa brought me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A “positive result” email for Covid!

After I finished setting up the gifts and leaving the trail of peppermints for my kids last night, I decided to check my emails. (A recent deletion of Instagram leaves me checking my email much more frequently, but it always disappoints).
I was exposed to c-19 via my boss last week. I got tested (or rather, tested myself with a self administered swab) on Wednesday. At midnight I got the results.
So the kids and I are will be not be attending dinner with my family, but we will still have a great day!

So far, my only symptoms are a stuffy nose and a rapidly fading sense of smell.

Merry Christmas to all! Stay safe and healthy!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Sorry. That sucks.
Get better soon...and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You will be just fine.
The only time I felt a little bit rough was at night. Almost like a hangover feeling in the head.
I slept propped up with a pillow to Prevent coughing and was just fine in a week.

Merry Christmas and you are doing the right thing by staying away from family.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hang in there. I'm sure things will turn out just fine.

And there are ways to have a Merry Christmas with just you and your kids, but look at it this way:

It's one thing to miss out on a family gathering when you know it's the responsible thing to do because one of your has a real excuse not to -- illness or injury preventing it from a being a wise or enjoyable thing. It's another thing entirely when the only reason you aren't is because some authority from on high is telling you that you can't because you *might* be a risk. In this case, you know there's a good reason for you missing. It's still not the same, but at least you know it's a good reason to step aside.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hope you feel better soon Hun!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You're going to die.
Hopefully no time soon, but, alas.
We all take that big nap.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey me too!

Tested positive Tuesday. Had very achy joints for a few days before that. Lost sense of smell and taste yesterday, like someone flipped a switch.

Had a bout with shortness of breath, due to COPD last night, but put an onion paste on my chest and could breath better immediately.

Fingers crossed that is the worst of it.
Hope you get better soon!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I got a royal present from my daughter, two four packs of Scotts 1000. I feel wealthy now.

Get some of those Zand zinc and elderberry lozengers to suck on, they work well for viruses of all kind.

Get a couple of kiwi, three oranges, and a couple of grapefruit and slice them in half and scoop out the meat, we have a little tool that pulls out the inside while leaving the pulp. Mix a little cane sugar in it and take a couple of tablespoons of the citrus mix a couple times a day. There are chemicals in the grapefruit and kiwi that help fight the virus. The orange only has vitamin C in it, metabolizing medicine out of it for this virus is inhibited by the virus. It is mostly there for flavor.

Birch syrup treated with alcohol or chaga added to the coffee grounds helps to keep this virus's replication down too. Even real maple syrup has some antiviral properties.

And most homemade medicinal chicken soups also help to fight this virus. Need celery or parsley in the soups, also sage helps too. Onions and garlic in the soup are important too. A little soy sauce helps too, plus a touch of hot sauce helps, but not too much.

Here is a link that has natural flavanoids that are antiviral. I did research to show that the ones I mentioned do work with this virus. Some of these are potent, you really only need a large pinch of chaga on top of the coffee grounds for eight cups of coffee.

journals.sagepub.com...

None of these are powerful enough to cure a real bad case, but they may help to keep the virus from becoming severe in most people. I didn't research the carrageenan because It has effects that are bad, but a little will not hurt anyone occasionally...it just tastes like crap in foods. I suppose if you can't taste, everything tastes like crap anyway. It is in a lot of milk products, we actually avoid it.
edit on 25-12-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Hey me too!

Tested positive Tuesday. Had very achy joints for a few days before that. Lost sense of smell and taste yesterday, like someone flipped a switch.

Had a bout with shortness of breath, due to COPD last night, but put an onion paste on my chest and could breath better immediately.

Fingers crossed that is the worst of it.
Hope you get better soon!

I never heard of an onion paste on the chest before. I suppose the thiosulfate and other antiviral chemicals get absorbed quickly by the skin and that could speed up the antiviral action. Never heard or thought of that being a treatment for viruses.

You are not allowed to die on us, so get better soon. I sure hope you do not wind up in the hospital with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Ahh sorry to hear it mate! hope you all stay healthy and had a good day yesterday though! fingers crossed it passes you quick! #ty time to get anything never mind Covid!

Take care!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sorry about that.

My cousin that had it back in June is going through hell right now because of it. She didn’t have any major complications until about 6 months afterwards. It severely damaged her lungs and other organs. And left her so completely fatigued and full of joint pain that she can barely move around. She can breath better now after seeing a pulmonologist at Vanderbilt that is dealing with these types of covid patients.

They’re called “longhaulers” and more and more people are showing up to ER’s like this. When it’s mild be on the lookout for symptoms a few months after it passes. Hope everything goes well for you.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for the info. That fruit combination sounds great!
I will be making some chicken noodle soup for us to feast on.
I can still taste, despite the diminished smell. Strange.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That’s terrifying, but good to be aware of.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks y’all!

I’m still doing pretty good. My son came back from his dad’s with a double ear infection and he’s been having a HORRIBLE time of it. I can usually knock out an ear infection with my own concoctions, but I catch them early. 3 days with their dad and it being ignored made this one beyond my ability to help. So he’s not been sleeping, which means I havent been sleeping. His doctor called in antibiotics today and I’m hoping he’ll (I) will get good rest tonight.

Thanks for the well wishes and advice.
edit on 26-12-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Santa got me a torn bicep in my left arm.

I can use my hand, but can't even scratch my ass with that arm. It's mostly immobilized though I can flip people off.

Hope you recover quickly.
edit on 26-12-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Glad you still can use one hand 👍🏻

Hope you get to feeling better too!

top topics

join