It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

I agree with the entirety of your assessment except the last sentence.
I wouldn't say probably rather than saying possibly. Very possibly, I would say.

Probably a small offshoot of one of these domestic [snipped] extremist hate groups we hear about in the media recently.

edit on Fri Dec 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Officers responded at 5:30am. The RV had a recording stating the bomb would detonate...

The second officer John Drake about 45 seconds into the live press conference.

Whoa....thats a new one....the RV had a recording saying it would detonate within 15 minutes....

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shell69

First of all, there is assumption that whomever did this was right in the head and thinking clearly which he may not have been.
Secondly, the person may have parked it there in the early hours with the anticipation that the street would be easier to navigate and parking would be more open than it would be at 4pm on Christmas Day when the bars open up.
Thirdly, we don't know if it was an RV or SUV, as they later said and then changed back to RV so for all we know it may not have been that conspicuous to begin with.
Lastly, it could have been abandoned after the driver realized the vehicle drew attention from Law Enforcement and it may have only drawn attention because the driver panicked and left it running or parked in a buzzard fashion.

At this point we don't know much but there are many viable scenarios of what was going on with this vehicle.

It was a block or so from the ATT building and not in front of it.

Added for new info:. Now with the FBI claiming it had a recording I have to wonder if this was meant to be diversionary or was this not meant to hurt anyone at all but was to only blow up a struggling local business?

edit on 25-12-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Officers responded at 5:30am. The RV had a recording stating the bomb would detonate...

The second officer John Drake about 45 seconds into the live press conference.

Whoa....thats a new one....the RV had a recording saying it would detonate within 15 minutes....

That's interesting, someone nearby watching it maybe?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is even more suspect IMO because anyone trained in this sort of stuff knows when a first bomb goes off that you should be mindful that this bomb could being used to funnel panicked people into another area where a secondary explosion will be waiting.

Plant a bomb and put a recording to clear the area straight into another area?

Was the initial recording, posted earlier, to evacuate the area the RV or police?

edit on 25-12-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So officers had little time to evacuate, but were still warned. Seems who did this may have actually wanted to do this with minimal to no casualties. There has to be a street cam or security camera with the RV pulling up somewhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's what I'm thinking. I wonder if this was a local businessman?

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: StratosFear

That is the building's service entrance. On Google Earth there is a dumpster sitting in that opening.

Theres more to this structure than just an AT&T retail store, on the white portion it looks like windows with grates on them. There is no service dock, just a single rollup door. That dumpster is always sitting there for people inside the larger structure to use it, the truck comes and unlocks the gate when they pick it up. I used to be at those restaurants several times a week and they had it hard enough with the restrictions.

For me this war just went hot.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Bartella dessert shop next to the melting pot is permanently closed, don't know when or why it closed.

All the other businesses seem to be open with recent review's. It could be for insurance, but my gut says... not sure.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Could be something as mundane as a bartender who lost his job after Covid layoffs.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Recording playing saying that the bomb is going to blow up ... never seen or heard anything like that before at any other buying.

Sounds like a perpetrator was very mixed emotions.

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile auto incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

What a time to start listening in ...

He will be followed by Mickey ... that's M-I-C-K-E-Y ...

French ...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They just verified that the building the explosion was next to, was not the big infamous AT&t building, but this red masonry building does appear to be a different AT&t building, and as I mentioned earlier it looks like what is known in the industry as a "switch site". That's basically where all telephone connections in the area go to.

so perhaps it was intended at some sort of attack against that building, either to disable it, or to make some sort of statement.

Perhaps a disgruntled ex-AT&t employee? Or disgruntled ex-AT&t customer?

Looking at that building it looks to me like what appear to be windows at the second floor level might not actually be windows so much as vents for generators that are installed in that part of the building which would be typical construction.

edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile auto incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
NewsChannel 5 Nashville is confirming the Tannoy/PA/Loudspeaker saying "if you can hear this message evacuate now" was indeed coming from the vehicle and not from police.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
NewsChannel 5 Nashville is confirming the Tannoy/PA/Loudspeaker saying "if you can hear this message evacuate now" was indeed coming from the vehicle and not from police.

m.youtube.com...

Ohhhh k, I thought that was the police saying that. Thanks for this.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

That's what the initial MSM was saying but I guess now they are saying it wasn't the police afterall.

The police were supposedly going around knocking on doors trying to evacuate before it exploded.

Who knows, this will probably all change again.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
AT&T is down across Western Kentucky due to the explosion. Just dropped about 30 minutes ago and has been out since.

Cell service is down, internet still up for now.

edit on 25-12-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
By the look of the videos that they're showing on CNN right now, it looks like while the AT&t switch site building did take some damage, it may have reflected a lot of the blast across the street, to those other buildings which appear to also be masonry but more commercial construction rather than a more resilient building like the switch site is typically built for. So they have lost entire walls as opposed to putting some holes in the walls.

On the upside it appears that the "Hooters" down the street might be unaffected or maybe just had some glass blown out.
edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile automatic incorrect

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yeah, that is bizarre. The recording can be heard on the Youtube video posted by Flesh699 one page back.

originally posted by: Flesh699
SAVE THIS NOW RECORDING TO EVACUATE

According to a witness and Law enforcement the recording counted down from 15 minutes, similar to the self destruct sequence to the Nostromo ship in the sci fi movie "Alien" where the Computer "mother" counted down the time left to evacuate the ship.
edit on 12/25/20 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
AT&T is down across Western Kentucky due to the explosion. Just dropped about 30 minutes ago and has been out since.

Cell service is down, internet still up for now.

Yeah that makes sense. This may have been a switch site for mobile telecommunications as opposed to land-line telecommunications.

The building also does not look like it was purpose built to be a switch site building. It's got the look of something that was built for some completely different purpose and then repurposed later? So it might be something that was built for something completely different like maybe newspaper publishing or a warehouse or something, and later had all the windows bricked up? And then later maybe during the '90s during the mobile boom, somebody bought the building and started repurposing it for a switch site?

a lot of cellular infrastructure in this country was actually built out by smaller companies operating under franchises of various cellular company names across the country. So they weren't sponsored by big bucks of big companies like AT&t at the time. In the late '90s and early 2000s that's when AT&t and other cellular carriers that we recognized today, went around and started buying up all the small regional cellular companies in order to consolidate and be able to offer Nationwide plans. So, AT&t may have inherited this facility during one of those acquisitions.
edit on 2020-12-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added more details about mobile acquisitions, and fixed a bunch of mobile auto incorrect

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join