It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large explosion, buildings damaged in downtown Nashville

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Leroy

I'm currently sitting at thinking this was a glorious suicide. I think he wanted to go out with some notoriety and didn't want to hurt anyone or at least didn't want to hurt tons of people. He could have picked AT&T simply to create conspiracy. Especially if he has no ties to it and no manifesto or explanation for this.

I don't think he accessed any manholes or vaults. I think he may have set a timer and the recording, killed himself and then blew up when the tRV blew up.

I discussed the white vehicle in earlier posts.
I don't know what to make of the S McG stuff since I have been old Twitter accounts I've never used but maybe if I was witness to something big like this I might decide to use it. Who knows. The video is clear regarding where it came from so someone somewhere will know who had access to that location at the time of the explosion.

Unless someone illegally accessed an online security cam....

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

So I was living in Nashville a year ago and work in production...so I spent a lot of time working at a lot of downtown locations. It amazes me someone was able to street park an RV down there for that long. Imagine any normal big city downtown...how often is street parking available for an RV is a super busy district. I spent a lot of time working down there and going out drinking and such...parking was always a b%*!&. To the point I would always park at the convention center and walk up to 10 blocks when we went out...I could get parking vouchers and knew there was always going to be a spot open. I uber to and from work too because again parking a lot of times took ages. This guy had to have been watching the area or had someone helping to have even known when he could get a spot there...if this was a target at least.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

The recorded warning about detonation coming from the RV made everyone assume the bomb was in the RV. What if it was underground causing the vents and vault covers to blow upward? It makes sense that it would have been in the basement or other underground access if that is what happened.

The RV could have been a tanker. The total capacity of any RV is several hundred gallons without additional tanks. That is including the gas tank, the fresh water tank, the grey water tank and the black water tank. It would be easy to rig them all to be filled with gasoline and be dumped with one valve.

If they parked over a communications cable manhole and dumped all that gasoline down it, all the buildings with connections to that tunnel would experience the explosion. The basement access hatches in the sidewalks would be blown open and all the manhole covers on that tunnel system in that area would be blown open.

The damage to buildings would be blown outward. The vehicles on the surface would get very little damage unless parked on a manhole that blew. The RV would be blown up because it was still sitting on top of the manhole where the gasoline was dumped in.

I think that is the how. I have no idea yet as to the why but a lot of possibilities are being discussed already.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The part I don't understand is, how did the RV sit there from 1am until 5:30-ish am before it was deemed suspicious????

Any large vehicle with no plates is an automatic red flag in any major city! It's like an unattended bag at an airport. Surely a Nashville PD patrol unit drove by it ( and more than once) between 1 and 5:30. (????) In most major cities a vehicle like this would have been towed almost immediately, after a K-9 unit had investigated it. Judging by the size of the blast, a K-9 unit would have alerted on the contents. Sounds like Nashville PD really screwed the pooch on this one!

I don't know about Nashville, but in Portland there are tons of them now basically turned into homeless living spaces. Old RVs with many hardly able to run are a long many roads now, so at least there it would not be something that stuck out as a WTF is that doing here event.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD
It was Christmas morning and in a business area. Probably 99% of the parking spaces were empty.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

If you look at the street in the videos and afterwards it isn't busy. There are 3 or 4 cars on that block- total.
It's the bar and shopping district on Christmas Eve in freezing weather, during a pandemic. Whose gonna be parking down there with nothing open and people not vacationing right now?

Besides all he had to do was drive around until he found a spot in a location he likes. That's why I think AT&T may not have been a prime target but was a convenient target (if not a total coincidence) because he could have parked behind the AT&T building In the Ozark Lot if he was really wanting a parking space next to AT&T.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't know about 2nd Ave but on 1st Ave there is a huge homeless problem in Nashville which was my first thought about the human remains could have been a homeless person.

edit on 26-12-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You could be right. My thoughts or theories, however, differ. I do not have a stance on motivation rather I do have one on logistics. I do believe ATT was the target, multiple detonations were placed Underground, the RV played a part but could be a red herring in terms of being the one and only source of explosives, and that the undercurrent of Irish catholic parallels may not be fully realized. The properties quitclaim events (115 & 3724) play a questionable role, as does the Michelle S coincidence, add either distraction or substance. Being from here combined with the efforts to vacate the area help me believe that whoever this was did not have the goal to take lives. It seems much more intended to make a point. I’m also not convinced that the bomber was extinguished in the explosion-regardless of what the mnpd or other alphabets end up telling us. The outcome has been extreme communication and travel interruption during the biggest holiday season-with no casualties that we know of, as well as yet another disruption to our way of life here, subsequent to a tornado, a pandemic, multiple riots, and now...a Christmas Day bombing.

edit on 26-12-2020 by Leroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2020 by Leroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How about a pig carcass in the RV just to add to the confusion? The longer they are testing the pig meat, the longer they are looking in the wrong direction.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Leroy

It may have been the shock wave caused damage to the fire suppression and electrical cooling systems (the often operate on a crystal that breaks) and that damaged or caused the shut down and since workers can't get in there yet then nothing is being repaired as quickly as it should. It could have been an unintended consequence of having parked that close and not the original goal.

I am interested to know exactly what damage was sustained at the ATT building but I doubt we will ever be told.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I did originally joke this may have been an elaborate overkill to cover up a murder. Place murder victims body in RV and blow it up and FBI thinks the human remains were the perp. Perp gets away. But I would think someone on that street of many businesses had to have had CCTV of that RV from the time it stopped until it blew up. They will be tracing every human they see on that street from 1:30 until 6:30.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I would have thought they went down the manhole when they started the gasoline dump. They probably got out of the tunnel a mile or two away. The announcement and detonation were on a timer.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Didnt they say he was there for over 24hrs? Up to 36 iirc...so that puts him in a very busy area while everyone last min does everything. So yes xmas day it was probably quiet there but I doubt xmas eve was...

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

He also could have driven right up to the Batman building and done it there...its literally in the middle of downtown and I don't remember there being very much to keep someone from driving up to it. I could be wrong but I've walked past the building and shown it off to guests as its the friggin Batman building...its like the space needle to Seattle.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The vehicle is clearly on the street moving north on the FBI still at 1:30 on the morning of the 25th. If the vehicle was somewhere parked previous to this then he did move after that. We have one person on Twitter who claimed her father had some CCTV of that RV there previously but I haven't seen this video and she claimed she also had not seen the video since she doesn't live in Nashville.

It's possible he did a test run the night before but regardless we know it was moving at some point on the 25th and we know the street was empty so parking would have been easy.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Not sure how close he would have gotten without security being alerted (and I'm thinking there are bollards and walls too) but then people who are suicidal aren't necessarily thinking clearly.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I keep wondering about the dog walker that appears from the right about 20 seconds after the bombing. They both look very odd...almost ghost like.
You can't get a good look because the video goes from full color HD before the explosion to b/w 420p after...which is odd as well.
In any event, they cross the street and disappear right before our eyes. They. Just. Disappear.

Dunno about CGI or editing at all. I'm not even claiming the video is in any way tampered with. Its just odd is all.

I have a copy of all the police traffic just prior to, and after the blast. Gonna listen to see if anything jumps out.
edit on 26-12-2020 by MrBuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

The dog walker was discussed earlier in this thread and I think someone mentioned it was a K9 Unit. But he did walk to the upper left of the screen right up to the police car who pulled up to the corner.

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I mean he could’ve driven up to the Batman building, But the Batman building is not the switching center, CO., which is seemingly the target, and has caused widespread disruption, on Xmas. They are saying that the remains found were human on BBC anyway lol

posted on Dec, 26 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I can't see it being a K9 unit. The dogs are mostly Shepards which are dark in color. This dog is white and has no leash on as its being led by the collar. Also, this person comes out of a building. If a K9 unit was in that building just prior to a bomb going off, that'd be weird...unless they're looking to evacuate...however, it doesn't seem like closed stores would be a priority of finding people to evacuate.
The way I viewed the disappearance of the dog walker was that once he crosses the street, you loose him right at the base of the light pole. I cant see him approach the police car or anything else as he seemingly disappears to me.
I'm not claiming its anything, just seemed odd to me is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join