It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whisky or Whiskey! What's your poison?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I drink scotch with just a few drops of water, it can help open it up.

I like bourbon over two ice cubes, and wait for the glass to sweat. Bourbon is usually proofed higher than eighty, so it still holds up and smooths out when you do that.

Though, I've been going on a long stint without drinking. Trying to keep my wits about me to navigate this stretch lol.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 25-12-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Seagrams seven crown and Canadian club...one of the better ones which I know by sight.

Proof the UP is more part of Canada than the US

I'm just half joking though Ricky. I dearly miss not having to been to Michigan in some time. I need to get up there and see part of my family.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

If I'm going cheap red wine I like Chilean. You can get a pretty decent bottle around ten bucks. Some of them when carry a (probably BS) rating lol.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Can't do dark liquors anymore, burned myself on all of them when younger. Unfortunately when I imbibe it's generally in excess, so massive hangovers and illness dictate what I drink. Vodka is my drink of choice, Tito's, Crystal Skull, and Svedka are what I prefer. I was big into Heavy Water until they quit making the stuff unfortunately.

The first time I got drunk was on Canadian Mist so I don't drink that, or Southern Comfort

I don't drink as much as I used to grew up on Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey 101, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark when it's cold or I'm up in the mountains. Vodka usually Tito's and a big fan of tequila used to drink Cabo Wabo before they got sold, and even like to experiment with the designer shine they sell in liquor stores now, think it is Tennesee Lightening it's not too bad.

The last thing I got #-faced on was the faux absinthe Lucid had a fierce hangover skipped the sugar cube. Didn't see any green fairies unless they were named Ralph

for a cocktail, I'll have a bloody mary or a dirty martini or a J&B.
edit on 25-12-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Basil Hayden’s

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Burboun.

Buffalo Trace to be exact. And Single Barrel when I want multiple drinks (a couple of cubes of ice).

Basil Hayden is good too! (IG Farben, and any small batch Kentucky bourbon fits the Bill nicely)!

Glad that you have “the taste”!! Try to get some good stuff (you kids out there, this not a shot, so sip it).

Merry Holidays!!🍾

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Met a former SADF member in Angola who taught me the beauty of Tullamore Dew.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
At the moment my nightcap is either Talisker single malt (neat or with just a couple drops of water) or 4 Roses bourbon which my friend got me hooked on. I may try the bourbon over some ice as one person mentioned.

Whatever you drink I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Encia22

All those replies and not one flag or star.. on Christmas no less..

What a bunch of scrooges...

Here's one of each for you!

On topic:

I'm a beer man on the surface and have been indulging in some heady topper.. go ahead Google it..

But I am a whiskey man at heart.

So it has to be Crown Royal X.O.

So smooth you might mistake it for ice tea..

And it has to be neat..

Water down my X.O. ... Hell No.

Merry Christmas Fam !

Sincerely,
~joe

Thank you, that was very considerate of you!

Heady Topper beer is exactly how I like my beer. Hoegaarden white beer has a similar citrus tang to it, though not an IPA.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I like R&R! Its probably the cheapest Whiskey in the store but just might be the best.
My neighbor used to keep a stock of it so I learned to drink it as a kid. He kept sprite or 7up to mix it with some ice. Today I just sip on it strait.

Best thing I ever learned about whiskey is to sip it never chug it.

Someone was telling me about Jhony Walker and I went down to the store to grab a bottle of it and geeze they wanted over 40 bucks for a small container. I found the R&R at 12.99 per 1.75 liters and never looked back.

I love beer but the Whiskey doesn't seem as fattening. And I'm pretty cautious about gaining lbs.
Probably not like some of you. I will eat butter and greasy sausuage and hamburgers.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Trueman

If you want a decent quality cheap wine I recommend "Rex Goliath" cabernet sauvignon.

At 6 dollars for 750 ml the 47 pound rooster is definitely affordable with a full bodied taste and hints of vanilla and walnut.

Respectfully,
~ meathead

I'll get that juice and raise my cup for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm happy to see everyone contributing and giving tips and opinions... Cheers to all.

Just to correct my OP, I also like bourbon straight. My first port of call was Jack Daniels, but I found it a bit too "medicinal", for want of a better word. Wild Turkey and maybe, Jim Beam, I find to be nicer. I keep on meaning to try Maker's Mark, but it's pricy. In Europe it's a bit difficult to get a better variety of Burbons.

As an afterthought, whilst looking at the images I posted, I've had an idea. What if one makes icecubes from a cane sugar/lime, lemon mixture. Putting these 'cocktail cubes' in a glass of Bourbon might create the three-in-one experience. Sip before the icecubes get to work = straight whisky, then as it gets colder = on the rocks joy, finally, when the cubes melt = the whisky sour cocktail kick.

This may work for other liqueurs and their respective cocktail variants. Thinking... thinking 🤔🥵🤯

Raising my glass to all!

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Crown Royal Black with a couple small ice cubes, just enough to make it chilled.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Crown Royal Black with a couple small ice cubes, just enough to make it chilled.

I definitely agree on the chilled part when it comes to my whiskey, my one perk I used to have the silicone ice tray where you could make the one big round ice "ball" it can hold up for few drinks and the 4 total usually gets me easily through a fifth.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
I'm happy to see everyone contributing and giving tips and opinions... Cheers to all.

Just to correct my OP, I also like bourbon straight. My first port of call was Jack Daniels, but I found it a bit too "medicinal", for want of a better word. Wild Turkey and maybe, Jim Beam, I find to be nicer. I keep on meaning to try Maker's Mark, but it's pricy. In Europe it's a bit difficult to get a better variety of Burbons.

As an afterthought, whilst looking at the images I posted, I've had an idea. What if one makes icecubes from a cane sugar/lime, lemon mixture. Putting these 'cocktail cubes' in a glass of Bourbon might create the three-in-one experience. Sip before the icecubes get to work = straight whisky, then as it gets colder = on the rocks joy, finally, when the cubes melt = the whisky sour cocktail kick.

This may work for other liqueurs and their respective cocktail variants. Thinking... thinking 🤔🥵🤯

Raising my glass to all!

I sometimes use the Tru Lime powder just sprinkled over my Tequila or Mezcal on the rocks especially if it's a cheaper brand. It's apropos that I completely forgot about my Monte Alban mezcal days or Pepe Lopez, holy hell it was really cheap I liked the taste though, and had that intrigue of the "eat the worm". So much so that for my 18th birthday my parents got me an eat he worm shirt. is was a prized possession for years. Many weekends I had dates with Pepe or Monte that I completely forgot about.

img.thewhiskyexchange.com...

Tried it again years later, and I don't know what my taste buds were thinking

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Thanks, that lime powder sounds interesting!

The worm in the tequila or mezcal reminds me of the famous scene in Poltergeist II... Eeeek!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join