It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I despise this season

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It starts before Halloween.

The religious, ceremonial and astrological sentiments have fallen by the wayside to something that masks itself as gracious altruism but is fueled by greed.

Bah humbug

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't know. It feels pretty good to contribute to local food banks, Angel trees and things like that. It always feels good to give to those things, but it feels especially good at this time of year and to go a little extra when you do.

It's also nice to have the excuse and sanction to have time off to see family and friends you almost never have the time to see the rest of the year without careful planning. Because this season is such a recognized holiday, every has the time off to take go see everyone else.
edit on 24-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I am enjoying the hell out of it!
Nothing says freedom more than celebrating a holiday that the whole GD criminal underground running this snipshow, is dead set against!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm an atheist...
Christmas is my favorite holiday.

Life if full of contradiction

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm an atheist...
Christmas is my favorite holiday.

Life if full of contradiction

Plenty to like even if you aren't religious. I am, but I am aware that the message of peace on earth and goodwill and brotherhood doesn't have to be celebrated religiously in order to be celebrated. And what's not to like about celebrating friends and family and generosity?

I can celebrate the religious aspect which is deeply important to me and celebrate the other aspects and see how the other aspects can be enormously important and still relevant religious message aside.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The religious, ceremonial and astrological sentiments have fallen by the wayside to something that masks itself as gracious altruism but is fueled by greed.

Bah humbug

Tune out from the TV/news and make it what it should be for you and yours. Works for me everytime.

Here is to you
edit on 24-12-2020 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For the longest time I used to be in the 'Bah Humbug' mode around Christmas. Always seemed like such a competition. And then there was all the 'acting', and going through the motions. Then we moved out to the country, and I can't imagine living in a town anymore. Christmas, and every other holiday is on our terms. We can do it however we like. It's so much more happy and relaxed.

One night several years ago I was standing on the street in our little town. We don't even have a stoplight, not even a flashing yellow. As I stood there I realized I heard Christmas music. It was everywhere, coming from every power pole. It wasn't loud or obnoxious just nice Christmas music. It was nice. I realized maybe I should loosen up a bit about Christmas, and that's what I did.

Merry Christmas...whatever it is to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's not hard to understand but it seems to be out of the grasp of many people.

The good vibes of the season are easy to find.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Was telling my family well no matter what we ought to be happy the next few days be glad we have survived the year and aren't struggling as bad as a lot of people are. Wouldn't be the first Christmas I enjoyed based on a big fat rationalization.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Then Merry Festivus!!

From The Human Project.

A donation has been made in your name...

(eggnog)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I love seeing my kids and grandkids excitement and knowing they are having a good time.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ebeneezer Scrooge over here!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

I love seeing my kids and grandkids excitement and knowing they are having a good time.

Yeah, that's always fun.

The only part I don't like is that every year we wait until a few days before Christmas to put kiddo's stuff under the tree, and every year he has a mini-crisis about how he's not getting anything because he's been a bad boy.

Every year ... it's not him being greedy. He's just genuinely convinced no one thought of him.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, you are getting some Elf love from me and a warm hug. Pixie drinks are coming. If you're a good boy, you may even get your own dragon this year.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well,.. I do like baby dragons!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As a kid I loved Christmas, the decorations, the Christmas spirit, watching Home Alone for the 100th time, and of course the presents. I was too young to understand or care about any religious connections and I still think it's irrelevant. It's a holiday about family and giving, anyone trying to tear down Christmas clearly doesn't have a soul or had a very bad childhood. Christmas brings immense joy and wonder to children and that's all that should matter. That's why it annoys me so much when I see people who always appeal to emotions to form arguments but then say things which prove they clearly couldn't care less about the depressing world they are creating for our children to grow up in. Bunch of sad saps.
edit on 24/12/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Me all year round.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Bah humbug

I am right there with ya.

I am an unmarried, only child, who has no children and whos parents recently passed away (my mother passed on the day after Christmas, 6 years ago).

So you got my birthday (Dec.20), Christmas, the anniversary of my mother's death, New Years and my mother's birthday (Jan 23), all in a one month stretch.

I went to my best friends house for Christmas a few years back. I figured I'd try to recapture some of that ol' holiday joy. But as I watched tears roll down his son's face after opening all of his presents, realizing he didn't get one of the things he wanted the most, I knew that (at least for the time being) Christmas was dead to me.

So Christmas is just kind of a bummer for me these days.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Just a reminder to this thread why we should all be of good cheer.
Not only at a certain time of year. But everyday of our lives. I think
it's a lack of knowledge that keeps us from understanding why?
This time of year is not just a reminder to those who do know
the true source of their happiness.

But also just the way this thread has already related to us.
This season becomes filled with the opportunity for others to
understand. Why it is that they could and should be as happy
as any one of us. We don't all get to have what we see others
have in this life. But we all have a way to the next life. And
seeing this one doesn't last or go any where? No matter how
much we acquire. No matter how much we lack in this life.

We do all of us have a reason to be happy. If you aren't it can
only be because you just don't get it. By that I mean you need
to give a little more thought. On how beyond awesome it is
that an all powerful God didn't come down to this earth in
strength and glory full of fire and anger commanding and
demanding. No not at all. Instead he shows up as this little
tiny baby boy. Just as vulnerable just like the rest of us.

Why? I already told you. Because this life is not the one we
should worry about. It is the next life that he came here and
provided a way for us to get there. Now just think what an
eternal life with an all powerful Father of Creation Would be?

Pull your head out and think about that? Instead of thinking you
have the slightest idea. Or that you understand anything about it.
It isn't just what he did out of love for everyone of us. This is a
time to really marvel at the way he chose to do it. I been on this
earth a little bit more than no time really. But from what I've seen
of us. I don't see that we're worth it. But how I see it matters not.
Sorry for preaching I was compelled.

edit on 25-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just another day.

Perception is key.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join