It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatcha' all eatin' for Christmas???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Switched locations to up north in Chama and found a mom and pop restaurant with the best HUITLACOCHE Iv'e ever tasted. That was yesterday and today I'm looking forward to the Pambazos. I think the owners are from Mexico.
edit on 29-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Mmmmmmm, corn smut.....

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I only live about a mile and a half from one of the edges of the Chinatown district and right there was a place simply titled Hong Kong. I had a hankering one early morn around 2 A.M. and found they were close and still open so I hopped on in. This was like a Wednesday and the place was packed. Had one of the largest menus, if not the, I've ever seen and the oddest hours - closed 6-10 A.M. every day.

But yeah, the food was excellent. Once went in there drunk after a late night and just put my finger on something that sounded almost good and went with it. A bit of a weird dish that one was. That didn't turn out so well - can't always win but if you don't play you're just boring - but every other time it's been fantastic.

Gonna change it up tonight. Get the two combo entree dinner, lemon chicken for Mom, ginger and onion beef for me with egg flower soup, 2 egg rolls, 2 crab rangoon, 2 fried shrimp and fried rice, salt & pepper shrimp for Sis and a free side of chicken fried rice. Skipping the pot stickers this time but gonna try and get some spring rolls to make up for last time.

Around $50. That's eight hours or so away and damn I'm hungry for it all now. Never had ginger/onion beef but I love ginger it's one of the healthiest things you can ingest.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I used to drink barrels of Shiner Bock from Shiner, TX at my Local Watering Hole before they took it off tap and I stopped going there because they took it off tap. Screw them. Never heard of Barrow but that's probably not distributed here. Tito's is considered really bad quality around here and is used for well drinks. I've never had their stuff so I don't know.

Don't take my beer away from me, I'll give you my money. Their loss.
edit on 12/31/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join