It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminem is the GOAT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Have you heard his verse in Tech N9ne's Speedom (WWC2)? I like speed rap/chopping. His Rap God and Godzilla verses are fire, but my favorite is in Speedom. There's something about his delivery in that song..

Definitely check out the whole midwest choppers series from Tech N9ne

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

Outkast is in my Top 5 (reality is I have 10 that could be in my top 5 depending on the day).

"A couple of years ago on Headland and Delowe..." I actually grew up in East Point with them.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Eminem is hands down the greatest. Everything else aside; the fact that you can’t make his verse rhyme by reading it, but it does when he raps it.

His vocabulary is otherworldly, his ability to bend words and have 4 meanings in one half a bar.

I love me some wu tang, tribe, Czarface, Busta Rhhymes, Eric B and Rakim, Pete Rock and C.L Smooth, Run the Jewels, OutKast, locksmith, Nas, Ludacris...... the list goes ON and On.... for decades.... BUT no one will ever be on Eminem’s level of technicality, or lyricism...

However that being said, everyone has their niche.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

From “adventures of Moonman and Slim”

Now if rap was B-ball, I'd be Jordan-like, bitch (What?) You wish you could score like this (Nah), yeah Not even at half court, I'd miss (Nah) I'm mouthwash, 'cause if I was on the floor, I'd swish (Fluoride, fluoride, swish)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Eminem is hands down the greatest. Everything else aside; the fact that you can’t make his verse rhyme by reading it, but it does when he raps it.

His vocabulary is otherworldly, his ability to bend words and have 4 meanings in one half a bar.

I love me some wu tang, tribe, Czarface, Busta Rhhymes, Eric B and Rakim, Pete Rock and C.L Smooth, Run the Jewels, OutKast, locksmith, Nas, Ludacris...... the list goes ON and On.... for decades.... BUT no one will ever be on Eminem’s level of technicality, or lyricism...

This is what I love about hip hop. How every great MC has their own unique style that you can instantly recognize. We always debate who is better like Kung Fu Superheros.... lol. I don't think any other music genre has the same claim. I've seen dudes almost come to blows at a barber shop debating Top 5 lists. LOL.

Rakim will always be my GOAT because he really elevated the game's rhyme schemes. For me there are two eras in hip hop. Before Rakim and After Rakim. After Rakim is what birthed the dense lyricism that guys like me love who made it possible for pretty much every other truly lyrical MC. All of them view Rakim as the GOAT.

For my Top 5... It is always Rakim #1 and then we can debate about the others.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

That's why I started the thread. I've always thought he was one of the best. I was just so blown away the song mainly because it showcased his versatility as an MC. Hearing him go from the slow dense lyrics to completely spazzing on the flow with that Tech9 / RA Rugged Man like cadence I just had to give him his props....

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Agreed. Rakim #1

There are so many great Rappers and each one had their own time:

KRS 1
Mc Lyte
NAS
Big Pun
Mac Miller

My favorite group is a Tribe Called Quest for their use of Jazz in their music. This is an old song of theirs but I'm really digging this song right now.

I love their jazzy beats.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Rakim is the Master Roshi of rap. The truest of OGs and I quote

I ain't no joke, I used to let the mic smoke Now I slam it when I'm done and make sure it's broke

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Jurassic 5 is another “tribe” like group, as well as People Under the Stairs...... both those groups are underrated

Gotta respect the ones that started each niche, but also all the ones who slipped in unannounced.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Rakim is the Master Roshi of rap. The truest of OGs and I quote

I ain't no joke, I used to let the mic smoke Now I slam it when I'm done and make sure it's broke

My favorite track of his is "As the Rhyme Goes On" It didn't get as much airplay back in the day (no music video) but his lyricism and flow just really shine on it. No hook, just 3 minutes of effortless lyrical talent.

He says:

You'll sink into the rhyme like quicksand
It holds and controls you till I leave
You fall deeper in the style, it is hard to breathe
The only time I stop is when somebody drop
Bring 'em to the front (of stage) because my rhymes the oxygen

Also in this song, Rakim says "I'm the R to A to the K I M.... if I wasn't then why would I say I am?"

Yes, Eminem is paying homage to the God MC with his classic song The Way I Am.
edit on 24-12-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Eminem is good but not as good as lil B :

Here’s a song I produced for Lil B.

#based

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah.. Gotta admit Eminem has a unique style and he did do the biz on that GNAT.

I wrote some stuff many years ago now but never got round to releasing em. Should of, instead of going into Acting or released some at the same time.

Here's one of mine.. short but technical..

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Cool.

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I played that at x1.25 speed and i really like it

You're right you shoulda released it

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Thought you might like Aitch

posted on Dec, 25 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I played that at x1.25 speed and i really like it

You're right you shoulda released it

cheers!

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Mos Def would flow circles around Eminem. Here is a fan album but it has a lot of songs which I haven't heard.

Check it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Do you like Aesop Rock?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Mos Def is dope. Highly underrated.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I can't really say I am all that familiar with his music. Obviously heard of him but can't place a song of his in my mind... may go check a few songs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join