It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reiki Wand?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Due to sensible restrictions here in these fair Isles, I won’t be having to spend Christmas with my useless son and his insane new age vegan girlfriend which - as I am sure you can all appreciate - has come as a great relief. Despite this fortunate turn of events, my daughter in law to be has sent me a strange device in the post for Xmas. It’s called a ‘Reiki Wand’ and it looks like some kind of ancient sex toy. Does anyone know how to use it? My friend, Gary, says that he thinks it’s a witches device designed to turn people into toads. I can certainly feel some dark energy emanating from it. I have taken precautions and secured it in the freezer for now in an attempt to contain its dark power. Would it be better for me to bury it in the garden or will it kill the grass?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

You might try sending it back postage due.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You might try sending it back postage due.

Good idea, Terry, I do not want to dabble in this witchery especially at Christmas time. The problem is, I am afraid to touch it in case it does something to me. Could it also effect the Postal service? I have shares in them and would hate anything to happen that might effect my pension.

This is just like something that woman would do to punish me. Well I can tell you now, I won’t be buying them anything this year!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They're used for healing and aren't (as far as I've ever been made aware) 'dark'. It should have 7 different coloured crystals embedded in it - one for each chakra.

I don't know much about them. I assume each crystal is different and made of a natural mineral.

If it's a cheap replica they may be plastic or glass and completely useless so far as a reiki healing goes.

I'm guessing also that for the wand to be of any use it should be used by a reiki healer/practioner. I suggest asking the soon to be daughrer in law more about it.

I'm sure it was sent with good intentions Doug. Different courses for dofferent horses. Even if you have no interest at least she thought of you.

My mother was a big believer in Wicca. Not my cup of tea but she believed there was something to it. Maybe one day I'll look into it. I inherited her book collection so who knows...... this time next year I may well be more knowledgeable about these things.

edit on 23-12-2020 by HumberWarrior because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

and it looks like some kind of ancient sex toy.

If it walks like a duck , and quacks like a duck....
But that does give me an idea for next year.

edit on 12/23/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Some Reiki practitioners believe that using a focus (your wand is an example) amplifies what they are attempting to do.

Others (such as myself) do not need props to do what we need to do.

As far as Reiki being somehow Satanic or Demonic...

The practice of laying on of hands to heal predates Christianity, so I don't think you should be worried about it.

Reiki Do itself is about 100 years old, but the actual practice of it goes back a LOT farther.

To be honest, I'm still wondering if your concerns about it being somehow demonic were in jest.

Just be happy she didn't send you a Yoni wand.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It’s called a ‘Reiki Wand’ and it looks like some kind of ancient sex toy. Does anyone know how to use it?

Didn't it come with an instruction manual. If it's one of those imported models, I suggest a complete disinfectant wash down. It may have had a previous owner as a lot of those repo units have been put back on the market lately.

edit on 23-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I've had Reiki healing from a Reiki Master/business partner, another from a famous drummer (R. Master)

Interestingly trancendent experiences. Focusing objects and energy for healing is common.

And Saging of course, prior and after.
edit on 23-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I've had Reiki healing from a Reiki Master/business partner, another from a famous drummer (R. Master)

Interestingly trancendent experiences. Focusing objects and energy for healing is common.

And Saging of course, prior and after.

When my wife first introduced it to me years ago, my first thought was "Yay! Another new-age hippy thing!"

Then I found out that despite my skepticism, it actually works.

She has been a Reiki Master for a long time... I'm a level 2 now.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Grinning from ear to ear, you explained it beautifully!
Not having taken reiki not sure how it's different from therapeutic touch? To me they've always seemed much the same.
I get sick of the endless assumptions those healing modalities are "evil" so it's definitely better you answered!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Grinning from ear to ear, you explained it beautifully!
Not having taken reiki not sure how it's different from therapeutic touch? To me they've always seemed much the same.
I get sick of the endless assumptions those healing modalities are "evil" so it's definitely better you answered!

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "the Wisdom of God or the Higher Power" and Ki which is means 'life force energy.' So Reiki means 'spiritually guided life force energy.' or "universal life energy."

It does not belong to a specific religion.

What the Japanese call "Ki" and the Chinese call "Chi" and other Asian cultures call "Prana" and Christians call the "Holy Spirit" is all the same thing.

Or if you want to get into the modern science of it, our bodies have a magnetic field that we generate. One magnetic field can influence another.

The only difference between Reiki and therapeutic touch is the practitioner's interpretation of how to use it.

At the end of the day, it all stems from the same energy.

Just interpreted different ways.

Hope that helped.

edit on 23-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Many years ago at some New Age festival, I had someone perform reiki on me. I didn't know what to expect. I was amazed that it worked. I could literally feel the tension draining from my body. It was pretty cool!

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Many years ago at some New Age festival, I had someone perform reiki on me. I didn't know what to expect. I was amazed that it worked. I could literally feel the tension draining from my body. It was pretty cool!

I am the worst of skeptics when it comes to things like that.

Let's put magnets on our body! Let's try this amazing pill! Let's contort our bodies into knots... for fun!!!

A lot of it is pure BS and I approach it that way.

Not Reiki though. It works whether you believe in it or not.

Proof enough for me.

So now I dabble in it.

I help myself, I help my friends...

A win/win.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Congrats! My experience ended a few years back.

Mix Transcendental Meditation, Astral Projection and a Reiki healing session...the last was positive and uplifting..and life changing for me and the 3 in attendence.

PS Merry Christmas
edit on 24-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I remember back then wondering what it was all about, why so many people were into it. I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I'm glad I did.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Reiki uses a person as a channel for healing energy.
All you need are your hands, anything else is BS from
unscrupulous merchants. Spend $40 and take a reiki class

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yes, you're right about it being an evil device, as I've been told that Reiki stands for....

Rogue
Evil
Instant

Don't bury that thing in the garden as some dog may dig it up, it can cause some serious damage to his teeth. Just dispose of it in the trash... or give it to someone you don't like.

Merry Christmas to all and let's hope no one else here ends up with strange devices in their stockings.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Please add pic!
I think some one is having a joke on you.
its a sex toy. if they get you to play with it
and then tell you its a sex toy.
you will Never live it down. LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Start a fire and throw it in the fire. It’s a stick. Nothing but a stick. A wand...Jesus h Christ.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I won’t be having to spend Christmas with my useless son and his insane new age vegan girlfriend which 

Ok scrooge. Trashing them on the internet after she sent you a gift...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join