It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand new strain of covid found in South Africa. Extremely contagious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yes, I'm sure I'm not but do feel free to tell me what I think.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That was mostly because that was....... 100 plus years ago, far less medical and technological advancements.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

that doesnt even make any sense... yeah it killed a bunch of people when it was novel... then mutated to be less deadly... then it went away.

if it didn't mutate to be less deadly how did it go away without vaccines having been invented yet? why didn't it kill everyone on the planet then?

www.washingtonpost.com...

“The 1918 flu is still with us, in that sense,” said Ann Reid, the executive director of the National Center for Science Education who successfully sequenced the genetic makeup of the 1918 influenza virus in the 1990s. “It never went away.”

edit on 23-12-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I was replying to a specific point.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

OK. So just forget about the millions who died.

Sheesh.

link   

originally posted by: fusionfilm
Matt Hancock (UK) has just announced on TV that a new strain has been found.

Supposedly this is even more contagious then the new strain found in the UK and is 'deeply concerning' and it has already spread here to the UK.

Does not sound good at all. Whatever side of the fence you sit on in regards to covid I couldn't care less, this # is starting to scare me now, I have elderly relatives with respiratory conditions as it is

So a statement scares you?

One without ANY proof at all.

i wonder where all the world leaders meet to coordinate these lock-downs? Or just coincidence....

Stay inside, please.

edit on 12/23/2020 by MykeNukem because: eh?

link   
What worried me most, was that Matt Hancock was very specific that South Africa is immediately on the quarantine list, rather than "In a few days, maybe, if you can get back quick."

They have also said if you have BEEN to South Africa in the last fortnight to immediately self-isolate.

That is a completely different tactic from the blithering idiots in Downing Street.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No suggestion it is any more deadly.

Oh I know. 99% of the people who get it will be just fine. But we need to be super afraid and let our governments “get control of it,” as you said. I’m glad in your UK, as you said, the government is taking it seriously, this virus that is magnitudes less deadly and harmful than the seasonal flu. We can’t have people catching something that is so mild that they don’t know they have it! Glad y’all are safe from this terrible virus. I’m sure you’ll get your freedom back in 14 days. That’s what they said in March, so it must be true. They’re doing it for your protection.
edit on 23-12-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

you have no idea what your even talking about do you... or you can't read, one of the two.

can't fix stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You see, it only kills a relatively small percentage of those infected. But if it gets more infectious and spreads out of control the number of dead will rise.

Nice to see all the snarkiness about a lot of dead and Ill folk.

Nice.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

you have no idea what your even talking about do you... or you can't read, one of the two.

can't fix stupid.

Oh go with the personal insults, why don't you.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I Wonder what keeps White South African Farmers awake at night, a "Brand new strain of Covid" or some other insidious danger.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

I Wonder what keeps White South African Farmers awake at night, a "Brand new strain of Covid" or some other insidious danger.

As long as the Death Rate increases, then is attributed to Covid, everything's fine.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This virus information is in the political news forum why?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Because lots of folk on here apparently believe that this is all some sort of nefarious plan by TPTB or whomever to control us all or whatnot?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh dear.

The more transmissible = More people being infected = More people being hospitalised = More deaths.

The 2nd wave of the Spanish Flu effected the younger generation just as much as the older generation and many millions died as a result.

It doesn’t look like the proteins that the vaccines are aimed at destroying are genetically changing, so hopefully they will continue to be an effective weapon against this damn virus.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That seems to sum things up perfectly.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a reply to: HalWesten

Because lots of folk on here apparently believe that this is all some sort of nefarious plan by TPTB or whomever to control us all or whatnot?

Luckily the bBc has published orders for people to ‘shut down’ those dastardly free thinkers

Believe the government at all times people, they have our best interests at heart

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Oh yeah, like we all take our "orders" from the BBC.

PS - you forgot to call us "sheep". You're slipping.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Breakthestreak

Oh yeah, like we all take our "orders" from the BBC.

PS - you forgot to call us "sheep". You're slipping.

dont feel so baaaaadddddd. OH i got covid as well,but its not bothering me,just a slight headache from coughing,but not like it was earlier in th eweek before. im halfway through 14 days.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join