It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital Workers Turn Down COVID Vaccine: "There's Too Much Mistrust"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Link

The hospital, a major healthcare provider for the Black community, received 725 doses of the Pfizer vaccine Dec. 15 and expects to receive a second shipment this week. As of Dec. 18, only about 600 of the hospital's 1,900 employees had signed up for the shots, according to Kaiser Health News.

"There is a high level of mistrust and I get it," Ms. Jenkins told Kaiser Health News. "People are genuinely afraid of the vaccine."

Howard University Hospital isn't the only healthcare provider with workers who turned down the vaccine. At Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in Edinburg, Texas, so many workers declined the COVID-19 vaccine that the hospital offered doses to other medical workers in the region, according to ProPublica. "You start to see similar numbers across the country, all this mistrust and misinformation," Dr. Martinez said.

After the first day of distribution, DHR reached out to other hospitals and healthcare facilities in the region to offer doses of the vaccine. ProPublica reported that the vaccine ended up going to non-medical personnel as well, including state Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. He told ProPublica he was invited to take the vaccine by DHR after officials explained to him that all eligible workers who wanted the vaccine received it.

In short, as we noted previously, nobody wants to be a guinea pig.

More good news. Fewer and fewer people are acting like automatons following Bill Gates' directions. Sorry for my own lack of commentary on the subject (I won't be taking this vaccine when offered). Have to run out for a bit.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was informed about Chinese honey how they dilute it and put other crap in it and then send it to Europe and the slime balls there make it out to be European honey and then sell it world wide.

I just don't trust those over me anymore for what every reason or religion.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is what happens when you turn a disease into a political football. Everything about it quickly becomes a matter of opinion and no one believes anything they hear about it.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Could it be because of the adverse allergic reactions suffered by 3 health care workers? Or is because the vaccine has been rushed out at unprecedented speed, it’s also a novel MRNA vaccine and the makers have been granted indemnity?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Vaccine makers are always given immunity, even for the regular ones, because vaccines are often required so people cannot necessarily avoid them and there is always a chance of adverse reaction.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I really understand why people dont want to take the vaccine . And this was just the 1 jab..the second is supposed to be even worse.

CDC report

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That doesn’t make it right. They should take public liability insurance like every other business.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

There is enormous mistrust of this vaccine, myself, my God, and my entire immediate and extended families refuse to get it. My cousin is a hospitalist and he won't take it. My gf works in nursing at a hospital and she won't take it. She told me they went around with a list and asked every employee if they would be willing to take it if offered. My gf declined it then her director (who was going around with the list) said "good! I'm not taking it either" and proceeded to quickly flip through the list showing my gf all the "no's" and then said "your floor is the last one we did in the hospital and we are consistantly seeing that less then 25% of the entire hospital is willing to take the vaccine"

My gf said the 3 people on the floor that wanted the vaccine were all very Democrat "the msm always tells us the truth, why would they lie?" Types and are the same ones repeating MSM CNN MSNBC talking points about no election fraud and Trump is evil etc etc.

It's like because they see politicians and celebrities getting the (fake) vaccine jab on TV then to them it must be safe and they must be telling the truth. SMFH!

I'm glad we took the red pill years ago and see through the propaganda being pushed by dems and the deepstate.

Most people aren't even asking about the ingredients in the damn things but at least some can still see that they would just be used as test subjects and are at the very least not taking it just because of that fact.

We all need to get the ingredients out there for people to see and also gates and Fauci's financial ties to the making and distribution of these potentially deadly vaccines and what their agenda is to all those who dont already know.

I'm glad to see there is little demand for this crap and how badly it will ruin gates's, Fauci's, the deepstate and so called elites plan and deception of the people.
Crimes against humanity!

S&F OP!

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

That doesn’t make it right. They should take public liability insurance like every other business.

They do for everything else they make. The difference, as I said, is that the government often requires vaccines, so people have no choice. The makers can be cushioned for that reason. On any other medication, people have the choice.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The U.K. government has clearly said they will not be mandating this new vaccine. Yet they have granted indemnity to the makers...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If only we could trust our government to do what’s best for us. To take our thoughts and feelings into account. Not sell us out to the highest bidder. Not work inside deals that benefit them and their pockets, buddies. If only...

It always amazes me when they are amazed that people have a hard time believing anything that comes from their mouths. It still also amazes me that there are many that will still buy whatever it is that they are selling.

Barnum would be in awe.
edit on 12/23/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Who would insure them? If that happened it would guarantee lawsuits that would bankrupt the insurers.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

After over fifty years of the Tuskegee experiment, still fresh and raw, I am not surprised that they are not rushing to line up for the vaccine.

This is more of a "shame on me" moment for many.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

They don't have to mandate it. Employers and businesses will do their dirty work for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

They want to risk the health of people who aren't even sick.
It's just that simple. And it's just that insane. But they care
about you?

I never needed a barf bag on ATS more than I do right now.

NOT BECAUSE COVID!
edit on 23-12-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In the real world a young brash Reporter would be breaking a big Story about how 75% of the staff of a Hospital refused to take the Vaccine.....and People would be learning that truth,in our deluded world People learn non-truths and line their own children up for Vaccines.

These vaccines are being SOLD AND MARKETTED TO US....our Government are not accepting liability and ratifying vaccines....this is a 100% salesjob.

They have a Monopoly.

People have to stay in reality.....selling a vaccine is no different than selling a pair of shoes or a bag of peanuts.....or a doctrinal belief system...... its buyer beware.

edit on 23-12-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They don't have to mandate it. Employers and businesses will do their dirty work for them.

That's not a given.

I've spoken to my attorney about this. Businesses mandating vaccines could very well open themselves up to workers' comp and disability claims if an employee were to suffer side effects.

A business isn't protected by the immunity a government and Big Pharma are.

CDC has already released statistics showing 3% of those receiving the vax are unable to perform daily activities and unable to work.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Wonder what happens with truckers.

Most are conservative and don't want the vax.

Try to mandate it and they might go on strike and suddenly there's national food shortages.
edit on 23-12-2020 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I really wonder when the bright bulbs in positions of authority will realize they've shot their credibility.

Welcome to the Circus.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

But, but, but.... SCIENCE!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join