It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Blasts Covid Relief Package And Threatens Veto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
a reply to: DBCowboy

I saw something that in Canada, they are getting $2,000 A MONTH. WTF?????

I mean, I am still gainfully employed but the people that have been forced out of work or lost their business, this is the least that could be done for people who's livelihoods have been destroyed by COVID mandates.

Yes, and that's for each person in the household if they qualify.

We pay for it in Canada though.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Pelosi combined them to get her way.
Whatchya wanna bet millions go through orgs like the Kennedy Arts Center , ertc.
Then are laundered through to the DNC .

edit on 12/23/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If they can’t come up with funds to pay us, maybe they distribute Gold and silver to the population, most will need to sell gold and silver to access cash and that way the economy is pumping and people can eat for once. Even gold bonds or silver bonds something that stands a chance of helping versus the greenback a reply to: Southern Guardian

edit on 23-12-2020 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Now , with all that being said , I used to use a program called Black Ice Defender.
That one was so good (if you knew ports , etc.) the internet security sites would tell me I was not connected to the internet and I was viewing a cached page.

You cannot find anything like that anymore .

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Jesus even Trump can see how much of a farce this entire thing is.

Don’t confuse benevolence with political posturing.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Jesus even Trump can see how much of a farce this entire thing is.

Don’t confuse benevolence with political posturing.

He's always advocated for more money, remember, "Go Big"?

Political posturing is the this bill full of pork and touting a Veto Proof majority.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Arnie123

I suppose that's because I don't like Trump. That I don't see him as a savior.

He probably doesn't like you neither so don't feel bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Here in Ireland, a small country of about 5 million people, you get 350 euro's a week.
Thats roughly 400 dollars. A week. 1600 dollars a month.
Theres something very wrong in America
edit on 23/12/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Could also lead to a government shutdown can it not?

If the government could actually shut down due to lack of funding, what does that mean exactly? Does that mean they all go home, and nobody gets anything done? Who's in charge of the proceedings on January 6th? Aren't they branches of the government? And who performs the inauguration ceremony? Isn't the Chief Justice employed as part of the government as well? Wouldn't it be strange if the government actually shut down right about now.

TCB
edit on 23-12-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Trump tells GOP to back the $2000 or prepare to be punished by Americans.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
According to AOC, she and Tlaib already have the amendment written and the Dems are willing to vote unanimously on it. So now the onus is on the Republicans.

If this doesn't go through there's only one party that you can blame.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
According to AOC, she and Tlaib already have the amendment written and the Dems are willing to vote unanimously on it. So now the onus is on the Republicans.

If this doesn't go through there's only one party that you can blame.

Why waste all this time the $2000 amount should have been there originally, been hearing rumors it was going to be 600 bucks for weeks? Why didn't the Democrats put it in there, to begin with?

Sure would have made it easy to be force-fed all that pork attached to it, unless you believe it's all-Republican pork attached to the now COVID relief/2021 budget bill.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Don't get me wrong the stimulus should have been larger to begin with and people like AOC and Bernie were fighting for that. I'm also under no illusion that if this was before the election Pelosi would be entertaining a larger stimulus at Trump's insistence.

That said, at this point in time, if we end up stuck with $600 only the Republicans can be blamed.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If you dumbasses didn't allow yourselves to be shut down, you wouldn't need to be begging daddy warbucks for table scraps. #in joke. Kajillions of dollars for other countries we shouldn't be sending any money, and a pittance tacked on the end for the people in your own country. And you gonna cry because this # gets vetoed?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Trump Blasts Covid Relief Package And Threatens Veto

The wrong person got fired.

See Millions in Gender studies in Pakistan or what the eff ever it was. $1,800 to illegals.
edit on 23-12-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Needs to be at least 2k and dump all the money going out of the country.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Our betters managed to wiggle in their raise amongst the sausage, ribs and black forest ham:

They want $57,000 more each year! That's one helluva jump for a governing body that took 3 weeks off earlier this year right as the "plandemic" went viral! (No pun intended)
Then they played bat mitten with people's lives and businesses for 6 months, just to end up "helping" us out with a whopping:

$600.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If you dumbasses didn't allow yourselves to be shut down, you wouldn't need to be begging daddy warbucks for table scraps. #in joke. Kajillions of dollars for other countries we shouldn't be sending any money, and a pittance tacked on the end for the people in your own country. And you gonna cry because this # gets vetoed?

Everyone seems to be pretty much on the same page here, that the bill is a complete embarrassment and travesty. Don't see anyone at all supporting it.

Who are you talking to?

edit on 12/23/2020 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: putnam6

Don't get me wrong the stimulus should have been larger to begin with and people like AOC and Bernie were fighting for that. I'm also under no illusion that if this was before the election Pelosi would be entertaining a larger stimulus at Trump's insistence.

That said, at this point in time, if we end up stuck with $600 only the Republicans can be blamed.

Fair enough I can agree with you on that.

However, it's getting to the point where there needs to be even more than that or it's going to get ugly for a lot of people this winter, people that this has been forced on week after week month after month.
edit on 23-12-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Arnie123

And you think I'm naive?

Phage, I have a lot of respect for you. When you debate with facts, you can't be beaten. But you let your emotions cloud you on the Trump aspect I think. Most don't like HOW he is President, but some of us are really happy about what he has done as president. You can't find anything positive about him and seem to spout the MSM talking points, which are largely about his personality.

What if, he really is an asshole who loves this country and is trying his best to do what he thinks is right?

Viewed through that lens offers a much different picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join