It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOT... I am done with school!!

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Graduate degree complete teacher told me last lecture make certain I turn in the final paper and I will pass and graduate!!

Get my final grade Xmas Eve, get the diploma mid January so I have a few weeks to celebrate relax, unwind and enjoy some time with the family before getting serious on finding a new job.

Been wound so tight for this capstone course it was disrupting my sleep, but I am done will finish with an A and a 3.8 gpa (yea I know all that means is I can be taught at a higher level) but figured with the mini me running around I better excel at school if I want to crack the whip on him in school.

Best compliment I got in my capstone course from the instructor was when she told me If I hadnt put it in my introduction she never would have known I have zero real world experience in IT.

So glad its done, but proud of getting through a masters with 2 moves, a new job 40+ hours a week at work and a 2 year old driving me and the missus nuts.

So looking forward to starting the next chapter of life... enough back patting /end blog

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

BRAVO!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Congrats!

Are we going to get to start calling you Dr. Irashhaf?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm very happy for you. I'm glad to see people moving ahead.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well done indeed. From the sound of it, you worked your ass off for all this. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. I wish you the best!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Gawd no... just my masters, she explained the process for a PHD and quite frankly the idea of it scared me.

Maybe in a couple years get some debt paid off be in a more secure home setting and Ill give it a go for the challenge.

She was saying its like a 200 page paper, each section gets reviewed by phd's and they give advice and ask next level questions, weeks spent figuring out your hypothesis.

Scary stuff, I would rather go through Survival school naked in Janurary up in Washington state than take on a phd course.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Scary stuff, I would rather go through Survival school naked in Janurary up in Washington state than take on a phd course.

would you do it for a kit kat bar?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

depending on the amount of tequilla involved probably...

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That is great! You did good!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Maybe in a couple years get some debt paid off be in a more secure home setting and Ill give it a go for the challenge.

Which would mean at least a Senior Admin job at any company of your choice.

But , congratulations.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What!? No more Moody AFB?? LOL!

Congratulations!!! May you have nothing but Good Luck in your up and coming endeavors! Go, man, go!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Funny enough when I mentioned it at work the very first words out of my active duty counterparts was... GREAT you can escape this hell hole.

Yea I am looking forward to getting out of moody with great anticipation.
edit on 22-12-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If you're going to have to work through it, then make sure you're doing a work study program so that what you're working at is at least a help and not a concurrent burden.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That's wonderful news! Congratulations Hun!

join